• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Johnny would still have a way easier time countering Spinel's attacks, as Johnny's the far more versatile fighter. Even if Spinel's the better fighter, she'd struggle more because she would have troubles getting hit in on Johnny due to his versatility.
The thing is, Spinel would haver no problem atackng jhonny trough his long ranged atacks and ge would bê tottaly destroyed in a melee fight in the second round, spinel would be puffed more for being surprised by this strange moves than from and less becuse they are versatile

The thing is, Spinel would haver no problem atackng jhonny trough his long ranged atacks and ge would bê tottaly destroyed in a melee fight in the second round, spinel would be puffed more for being surprised by this strange moves than from and less becuse they are versatile
Johnny can hold his own against Spinel in a melee fight. Remember, he knows karate, has a black belt, has Ninja DNA, and is comparable to Dukey who was programmed with the DNA of Kung Fu Masters. He's not as skilled as Spinel, but he can definitely hold his own.

Spinel's attacks in the 2nd fight would be extremely one note from Johnny's perspective, as Johnny has more attacks in his arsenal other than Power Poots and Hurricane Hands.

Johnny can hold his own against Spinel in a melee fight. Remember, he knows karate, has a black belt, has Ninja DNA, and is comparable to Dukey who was programmed with the DNA of Kung Fu Masters. He's not as skilled as Spinel, but he can definitely hold his own.
This isn't much considering she could deafeat the cristal gens that were around even before karate was invented
Spinel's attacks in the 2nd fight would be extremely one note from Johnny's perspective, as Johnny has more attacks in his arsenal other than Power Poots and Hurricane Hands.
I know, I'm just mentioning the ones that are Long ranged sinse spinel would just infinit combo jhonny in a meele fight

This isn't much considering she could deafeat the cristal gens that were around even before karate was invented

I know, I'm just mentioning the ones that are Long ranged sinse spinel would just infinit combo jhonny in a meele fight
Plus, I feel like the only reason why Spinel beat the Gems the first time was because they were not used to Spinel's fighting style. In the second fight later on in the movie, Spinel greatly struggles to land a hit on the Crystal Gems, as they adapted to Spinel's fighting style and used it against her.

I still don't see how Spinel is going to do anything significant to Johnny because of how limited she is in the second fight due to Johnny basically knowing the way Spinel fights. Johnny still has many abilities that make him unpredictable, such as Body Control, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Super Breath, Transformation to his Heat Mode, and more.

Plus, I feel like the only reason why Spinel beat the Gems the first time was because they were not used to Spinel's fighting style. In the second fight later on in the movie, Spinel greatly struggles to land a hit on the Crystal Gems, as they adapted to Spinel's fighting style and used it against her.

I still don't see how Spinel is going to do anything significant to Johnny because of how limited she is in the second fight due to Johnny basically knowing the way Spinel fights. Johnny still has many abilities that make him unpredictable, such as Body Control, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Super Breath, Transformation to his Heat Mode, and more.
Maybe I'm a little byas to spinel... But I just can't see her having problem to deal with It... Her fast pase, Whip like limb atack and movement(Like literally becoming flat into the ground and slide like a snake in Jhonny direction), Grab like fight stile and more is a anwser for most of Jhonny melee, his best options would be long ramgede combat thate spinel can deal with

Ad about the cristal gens being able to deafeat spinel in their second fight... Well, spinel had just bean trough a second mental breakdown and garnet knowing your moves is a entire othere thing than Jhonny knowing then, garnet has future vision

Maybe I'm a little byas to spinel... But I just can't see her having problem to deal with It... Her fast pase, Whip like limb atack and movement(Like literally becoming flat into the ground and slide like a snake in Jhonny direction), Grab like fight stile and more is a anwser for most of Jhonny melee, his best options would be long ramgede combat thate spinel can deal with

Ad about the cristal gens being able to deafeat spinel in their second fight... Well, spinel had just bean trough a second mental breakdown and garnet knowing your moves is a entire othere thing than Jhonny knowing then, garnet has future vision
Spinel becoming a snake is literally something Johnny can do with his Shapeshifting abilities. Spinel has no answer for Telekinesis, Johnny will know where Spinel is at all times thanks to Telepathy, Super Breath will freeze Spinel, and Johnny's Heat Mode will make Spinel touching Johnny hard to do due to how hot Johnny is in that state.

Exactly. Garnet couldn't beat Spinel in the first fight because of how unorthodox Spinel was compared to all the other enemies she has faced before. She, along with Amethyst and Pearl, quickly adapted to Spinel's fighting style in the second fight, using Spinel's fighting style against her. Johnny is smart enough to do that himself. He doesn't even need to because of his other abilities Spinel won't see coming.

Spinel becoming a snake is literally something Johnny can do with his Shapeshifting abilities. Spinel has no answer for Telekinesis, Johnny will know where Spinel is at all times thanks to Telepathy, Super Breath will freeze Spinel, and Johnny's Heat Mode will make Spinel touching Johnny hard to do due to how hot Johnny is in that state.

Exactly. Garnet couldn't beat Spinel in the first fight because of how unorthodox Spinel was compared to all the other enemies she has faced before. She, along with Amethyst and Pearl, quickly adapted to Spinel's fighting style in the second fight, using Spinel's fighting style against her. Johnny is smart enough to do that himself. He doesn't even need to because of his other abilities Spinel won't see coming.
Ok, fair I vote jhonny them... But I don't think you undertood the snake thing and freezing shoulsn't be a problema to a gen

Spinel has an over 3x AP and Durability advantage, a Lifting Strength advantage of several thousand, infinite stamina, a huge skill advantage, the range the match Johnny, and the resistances to be unfazed by his more potent abilities, his heat, his cold, and his TK. I don't see how Johnny wins this

"Spinel has no answer for Telekinesis"

Spinel has both higher ap and higher lifting strength as well as passive density adjustment to compensate for changes in gravity. Telekinesis will do nothing to her

"Super Breath will freeze Spinel, and Johnny's Heat Mode will make Spinel touching Johnny hard to do due to how hot Johnny is in that state."

Gems are unaffected by the cold of outer space and the heat of lava, neither of those will phase Spinel

Spinel has both higher ap and higher lifting strength as well as passive density adjustment to compensate for changes in gravity. Telekinesis will do nothing to her

"Super Breath will freeze Spinel, and Johnny's Heat Mode will make Spinel touching Johnny hard to do due to how hot Johnny is in that state."

Gems are unaffected by the cold of outer space and the heat of lava, neither of those will phase Spinel
Just Garnet was unafected by lava, the other gens said that only garnet could swin in It

Spinel has an over 3x AP and Durability advantage, a Lifting Strength advantage of several thousand, infinite stamina, a huge skill advantage, the range the match Johnny, and the resistances to be unfazed by his more potent abilities, his heat, his cold, and his TK. I don't see how Johnny wins this

I'll respond to this when I get home.

All of the gems were able to walk around inside of Bismuth's forge inside of an active volcano, which burned Steven just by touching the walls and floor with his bare skin, with no issue

All of the gems were able to walk around inside of Bismuth's forge inside of an active volcano, which burned Steven just by touching the walls and floor with his bare skin, with no issue
Fair, but lava it self is still a no Go... Well the think that made me change vote to Jhonny was that "I'm to hot to be touched" thing, sinse Spinel could thout steven I will vote spinel again

Spinel has an over 3x AP and Durability advantage
Since when??? The difference is 2.8x, with it being lower due to Johnny greatly scaling above 50.3 KT. You can make an argument for Spinel having the AP advantage, but the gap is fairly negligible. Johnny's Toon Force, Regen (to an extent), and Immense Pain Tolerance should give him the dura edge.

a Lifting Strength advantage of several thousand, infinite stamina, a huge skill advantage
Agreed. Though Johnny can hold his own in terms of skill, and stamina won't really play a factor.

the range the match Johnny,
Hundreds of Meters vs Several Kilometers? How is that matching Johnny?

and the resistances to be unfazed by his more potent abilities, his heat, his cold, and his TK
TK I agree with due to the massive LS advantage. Johnny has Toon Force, Immense Pain Tolerance, TP in which he spams in character, and Telepathy which would make him know where Spinel is at at all times. How does Spinel counter this? This is Johnny's more potent abilities btw.

Spinel has both higher ap
The gap is negligible.

higher lifting strength as well as passive density adjustment to compensate for changes in gravity. Telekinesis will do nothing to her
Agreed. This will help Spinel immensely in this fight.

Cold of outer space I agree with. With heat, that depends how hot Johnny's Heat Transformation is compared to lava.

While you have made a couple of good points, I still think Johnny takes this. When Spinel comes back for a 2nd round, they will both know each other pretty well. It's just that Johnny can bust out more moves Spinel won't see coming due to his massive versatility advantage, and he's certainly smart enough to think of a plan to outsmart Spinel. He's outsmarted geniuses before with his quick, clever, and creative thinking. Spinel is smart, but she is not a genius.

Johnny wins High-diff.

The gap isn't negligible. It's almost a 3x gap. Even if Johnny's is far higher it's still unquantifiable. Spinel also has a massive skill advantage. Johnny's skill from what I'm seeing is being a black belt in karate, and being comparable to someone who has DNA of Kung Fu Masters. Spinel is FAR FAR more experienced and beat 3 gems who have far more experience and are super skilled in their own right. Johnny doesn't hold a candle to Spinel in terms of skill.

For now I'm neutral, but I'm leaning towards Spinel.

The gap isn't negligible. It's almost a 3x gap. Even if Johnny's is far higher it's still unquantifiable. Spinel also has a massive skill advantage. Johnny's skill from what I'm seeing is being a black belt in karate, and being comparable to someone who has DNA of Kung Fu Masters. Spinel is FAR FAR more experienced and beat 3 gems who have far more experience and are super skilled in their own right. Johnny doesn't hold a candle to Spinel in terms of skill.

How is Spinel more experienced? She was abandoned for 6,000 years. The only fights she's been in is against the Crystal Gems and Steven. Johnny has fought a far more diverse amount of enemies with different powers, while Spinel has only gotten in like a few fights.

Spinel LS would also make her able to just "Damage boost" pass trough jhonny atacks with her hands

Beacuse this 4 oponents are very very very skilled
That's just Skill.

Fighting more enemies and getting into more fights than said person means you're more experienced.

If I got into more fist fights than you, that means I'm more experienced than you, but you could potentially be more skilled than me.

That's just Skill.

Fighting more enemies and getting into more fights than said person means you're more experienced.

If I got into more fist fights than you, that means I'm more experienced than you, but you could potentially be more skilled than me.
Ah yeah that's true, I mean skill not experience

Like, yes, Jhonny has the surprise factor, but if he wins the first round It will have a second one and Spinell can just kinda tank jhonny atacks to hit him, kinda like having "Heavy armor"
Spinel becomes very one note in the 2nd fight, while Johnny still has more moves to bust out that Spinel won't see coming. Spinel is basically your average boxer with surprisingly stretchy limbs from Johnny's perspective.

What about every other aspect besides Experience, Skill, LS, and AP?
Johnny has, really good pain tolerance, way more versatile, and teleportation from what I can see. His actual moveset isn't really impressive when you compare it to Spinel's regeneration (and vice versa really). But There isn't really much in his moveset that'll be applicable in this fight. Like- Hurricane Hands and Power Poots are the only actual offensive moves I can see on his profile, so in terms of versatility, it's not really much. It'll surprise Spinel for a bit. But it isn't nearly enough to give Johnny the win. Once she realizes that those are the only two offensive abilities he has, with her dura advantage, body control, and regen he will literally not be a problem for her. The only issue I can see is his teleportation that he does in character. And his pain tolerance of course. But there's no way he's putting her out. Even if we assume that it's a battle of attrition/stamina, Spinel should take it.

Spinel has my vote, easy-mid diff.

Spinel becomes very one note in the 2nd fight, while Johnny still has more moves to bust out that Spinel won't see coming. Spinel is basically your average boxer with surprisingly stretchy limbs from Johnny's perspective.
Nonononononono, Spinel will be jumping every were during thwir fight, and jhonny don't have a as good way to bypass spinell atacks as spinel by just bruting forcing trough then... And talking about her stretchness... Spinel springinge her self should be faster than her base speed, so she can use It to blitze jhonny to rudh down him

literally not be a problem for her. The only issue I can see is his teleportation that he does in character. And his pain tolerance of course. But there's no way he's putting her out. Even if we assume that it's a battle of attrition/stamina, Spinel should take it.
Don't forget, if jhonny actually Puff Spinel, It's in character to him just take the gen with him to try to selle It later, and the fighter needa to be incapaciteted by 24 hours minimun to bem a win, and Spinel could "Reforma" in lesse thene one night after being puffed, so even if Jhonny win the first fight, they would still fight again

Johnny has, really good pain tolerance, way more versatile, and teleportation from what I can see. His actual moveset isn't really impressive when you compare it to Spinel's regeneration (and vice versa really). But There isn't really much in his moveset that'll be applicable in this fight. Like- Hurricane Hands and Power Poots are the only actual offensive moves I can see on his profile, so in terms of versatility, it's not really much. It'll surprise Spinel for a bit. But it isn't nearly enough to give Johnny the win. Once she realizes that those are the only two offensive abilities he has, with her dura advantage, body control, and regen he will literally not be a problem for her. The only issue I can see is his teleportation that he does in character. And his pain tolerance of course. But there's no way he's putting her out. Even if we assume that it's a battle of attrition/stamina, Spinel should take it.

Spinel has my vote, easy-mid diff.
Good analysis overall. But you're missing a few.

Johnny has Body Control. While not nearly as impressive, it can still be used to avoid head shots or decapitation.

Johnny has Elasticity himself via Hurricane Hands. Plus, Johnny himself should have Elasticity.

Spinel's regen only applies to her gem. When she's poofed, her gem physiology grants High-Mid regen, unless I'm missing something.

Johnny has Telepathy which he uses in character as well, so he'll know where Spinel is at all times.

Plus, you can never forget Toon Force. That added on with Pain Tolerance and Regen to an extent makes him very hard to kill.

So yes, when the 2nd round comes in, Spinel is just going to be seen as the average boxer with very stretchy limbs, as that's mostly her attacks, while Johnny still has more abilities in the bag that Spinel will not see coming.

Back