• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Joestar and Gyro Zeppeli Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The road and the treasure at the end are connected too. Just because the road is endless doesn't mean the treasure is endless. Them being connected serves no purpose other than allowing you to miscontrue a blatant high 3-A statement. Find me the statement where they say the infinite rotation is endless and not infinite as well.

Your road and treasure metaphors are tiresome. Stop using incorrect metaphors to try to prove your point and start using actual scans and meanings.

A High 3-A statement that is only High 3-A if you ignore context.

"Find me the statement where they say the infinite rotation is infinite as well."

Read this again to yourself, slowly.

Doesn't the infinite rotation inbue the target with the spin, hence why they turn into spaghet?

Therefore, doesn't it ignore durability?

Nothing really changes if we change the AP if that's the case.

I made a mistake with my choice of words, this talk about infinity and endlessness has gotten confusing. You're taking unrelated context in order to make it a non high 3-A statement.

No it doesn't @Dargoo, Monarch is saying they feel a constant 8-C force push against them. Obvious downplay to anyone who has remotely engaged with SBR.

Golden Rectangles, Golden Spin, Golden Spiral =/= Infinite Rotation

One is the method, one is the end result. The method being described as endless does not mean the result is endless.

I even explained the math as to why it is infinite and you stonewalled and said "cooooonteeext" while providing unrelated context, as you continue to do now.

There is no maths to it dude. You tried to bring fibonacchi numbers into it, even though the spin has never once used fibbonachi numbers as anything, in an attempt to convince people that it was talking about the mathematical number infinity. The most the Spin has used numbers is when it mentions the 9 to 16 ratio of the golden rectangles. Something about fibonnachi numbers that eventually add up to infinite when you have enough of them is literally never mentioned once.

You repeatedly attempt to deride my points and explanations even when I provide scans that and explain their direct connections and implications to back them up, and yet you yourself have repeatedly failed to provide scans proving any of your points while trying to pass off some pseudo-maths conjecture as your evidence.

Monarch Laciel said:
There is no maths to it dude. You tried to bring fibonacchi numbers into it, even though the spin has never once used fibbonachi numbers as anything,
Don't know if you're genuinely ignorant or you're feigning it but you do know the golden spiral is a representation of fibonacci numbers, right? They are the same thing lol. Not the first time I'm saying this.

The rest is you just refusing to understand and to be honest, unless you change your mindset you're not going to make the correlation even if I draw it out for you.

Monarch Laciel said:
@PaChi2
That's another very good point.

And before anyone argues that infinite joules sounds pretty useful for executions, they just use the ball to hold the person still. They use a sword for the actual deathblow.

But having the person hold still for as long as the executioner needs them to be sounds pretty useful for an execution.
Wrong, the Zeppeli's have strived for the power of infinity but they've never achieved it until Gyro finally mastered it. He and Johnny are the only ones who've used the infinite rotation (though I think it was stated that there used to be others who discovered it and passed the info on to the Zeppeli's).

Bottom line is Gyro's family uses it as a guideline, because following the golden spiral still increases their energy, it just doesn't reach infinity.

The difference is that you are bringing up the fibbonachi numbers to try and "prove" infinity by saying it adds up all those numbers until it reaches infinity. Which actually never happens or is even touched upon. The spiral just continues endlessly.

Did I ever say any Zeppeli had mastered it? I said they strived for it for the purpose of medicine and execution, then mentioned how infinite joules is pretty useless in both those of those applications. I never said they had already managed to achieve the power of infinity.

Also, you haven't provided scans still, for anything you're saying.

... but that's literally how it works? Putting a value of energy into the fibbonaci sequence will increase said value? Each rotation brings you closer to the center of the golden spiral, where an infinite number of points collide.

I thought that was implied when you said infinite joules is useful for executions. Zeppeli's have never mastered the infinite rotation, so even that theoretical doesn't work. That was my explanation as to why. The scan is in your OP lol.

This has turned into a back and forth between prof and monarchs interpretations of the scans and is going about as far as johnny's nail did when it touched twoh

Funny, I don't remember there being anything in Jojo about aiming to reach the centre of the golden spiral. And I also don't remember anything about values of energy increasing in the pattern of fibbonachi.

I didn't say infinite joules is useful for execution, I said it wasn't. And that theoretical does work, because having infinite joules is completely useless for the way the Zepellis conduct executions, so why would that be what they are trying to achieve?

Oh, you mean the scan about Tusk 4? The one that I've repeatedly contested using evidence and explanations?

Paul Frank said:
This has turned into a back and forth between prof and monarchs interpretations of the scans and is going about as far as johnny's nail did when it touched twoh
Except my interpretation actually uses evidence to back it up.

Professor's interpretation is just him repeating the Tusk 4 scan over and over without providing evidence of anything.

Monarch Laciel said:
These jokes amuse me, but let's not waste the remainder of this thread on them
Could I advise you to make a quick "staff only thread" where you link this thread and ask for their summarized opinion? A way to force moar staff input.

Chartate101 said:
Ah yes staff only. So that way you can just delete the opinions lf all the people who disagree wigh you
If you think that's the reason you havent read the thread.

I mean one of the only people defending 3-A, who I agree with, isn' staff. So you're essentially getting rid of all discorse

There are staff who voted High 3-A though

Chartate101 said:
I mean one of the only people defending 3-A, who I agree with, isn' staff. So you're essentially getting rid of all discorse
Ya know, if we create the thread the staff would read the points made by both sides in this thread and give their evaluation.

We are not making it to keep the discussion outside of regular users, but to get moar staff input faster. If they think High 3-A is fine, good, if they think its not fine, good too. The point is to end this

TriforcePower1 said:
The point is that the main debater of High 3-A isn't a staff member, and he's probably more knowledgeable about the matter than the staff members that agreed with him.
...? ....? Did you read what I said? I didnt say the other thread would be a debate? I just want this to end, ya know. And if after 300 replies Professor hasnt developed all his points against the downgrade I cant understand what he is waiting for.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
At the end of this we may just need to pull an Accelorator and add a note that the statistics comes down to how you interpret the infinity statements, which from this thread alone, has proven to be a toss up.

I still say it should be unknown tho
I think I agree more with this at this point.

Wokistan said:
I think I agree more with this at this point.
You can't have Johnny being high 3-A and not high 3-A depending on interpretation. It doesn't work in vs threads. It's also silly indexing that we can't decide (when very clearly the majority agrees with the high 3-A).

We do it for Accelerator though. I think that it the best solution; just slap it with an unknown and a note explaining both sides

Chartate101 said:
We do it for Accelerator though. I think that it the best solution; just slap it with an unknown and a note explaining both sides
The difference is accels version doesn't result in him either being 8-B or 3-A depending on your belief

> 8-B or 3-A

Neither does this tbh

And the interpretation where accels ability makes it hax makes him able to redirect 3-A's, so...

The new thread for staff was made.

sorry but I do not have time to read the previous comments. If my comment does not help ignore it as well. If the requirement to be high-3A is to release infinite energy / force (energy can be seen as the ability to apply a force) I think the character should not be downgraded, the shot that is fired has the finite energy that is released in an infinite time (the rotation is like a perpetual motion) the one that changes with respect to a stroke of infinite energy is the power (energy / time) and the way in which the energy is released but the quantity is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back