• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Bravo vs Ryūko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where your wrong. They are in-character but willing to kill. That does not translate to a fight to the death if the in-character first option is incap. And that also depends on their in-character, if running away is what they do then they run.
"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

The reason for Ryuko winning this fight is not applied in the SBA rules. Removing yourself from the fight does not count as a victory for the opponent. The votes should honestly be removed.

"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

The reason for Ryuko winning this fight is not applied in the SBA rules. Removing yourself from the fight does not count as a victory for the opponent. The votes should honestly be removed.
It actually means that Johnny removed himself from the battlefield for a week. Thats Self-BFR.

It literally states REMOVING THE OPPONENT. It never said anything about the opponent removing him/herself. Ryuko does not have BFR. These votes shouldn't be counted. If there was a rule saying that the opponent removing him/herself from the battlefield, then it would make sense. But Ryuko has to remove Bravo. She's not able to do that.

You know that johnny grappling ryuko would get him impaled by senjin and burned by Ryuko's natural body heat which can melt stone and burns people on contact

You know that johnny grappling ryuko would get him impaled by senjin and burned by Ryuko's natural body heat which can melt stone and burns people on contact
Johnny has Mid-High and he also dug through the Earth's core unharmed. These points are moot.

I am referring to the ‘State of Mind’ section.

”Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.”

None of those apply to the situation, and the argument is that Johnny just leaves after realizing she’s underage. That looks like it goes against the ‘will not give up under their own accord’ rule, forgive me if I’m wrong.

plus, where’s the fun in a match where we just assume the character leaves lol

I also don’t understand why the Blade is being used as an argument here. The 7-A Key was specified here. The Blade is 6-A. That’s clearly not 7-A, so why should it be considered?

Because her 7-A key comes with the blade also it's 6-A AP only applies to cutting, they cant bust continents only cut people with 6-A durability

0. Everyone saw Spinoirr's Ryuko matchup and moved on from mine.
I was just honestly more interested in seeing the Discussion rather than making my own points, as I don’t understand either character that well- I just thought the match was funny lol.

Either way, at a quick look, it appears they both have high Regen and very little Hax. Which either means
A: They’d have to Incap to win. I’m not sure if Toon Force would make it harder for Ryuko to do so, however, as getting right back up after being thrown away comedically feels like something Toon Force could cover.
B: Johnny survives attack after attack, and then just throws Ryuko out of the plot once he’s bored or something. Not sure how often he resorts to this.
C: They both endlessly beat eachother up, unable to kill eachother due to their Regen and this match ends Inconclusively.

As Johnny has access to 2 Wincons vs 1 Wincon, for the moment I’ll vote Johnny, until given evidence to the contrary.

Forgot to mention that Ryuko has RPL, so she would progressively get stronger throughout the fight.

It's still not enough to counter Mid-High, but just pointing it out.

Hm, so, I don't think that Scissor Blade can bypass Johnny regen, because the Scissor Blade is used to cut people, it doesnt nuke an entire area with a 6-A potency of explosion or something, well, it seems that Johnny has advantage in lifting strength in this key, as Lifting Strength class G >> M, so, if this comes down to hand to hand, he would have advantage in grabs, however, I could see Ryuko outskilling, and mainly that her fighting style is not really hand to hand and grabs, but it would still not be enough to deal with his regeneration, btw, if Ryuko uses too much her costumes, she loses a lot of Blood and becomes far weaker, however, I don't know if this apply to her key that its currently being used, but if it applies, I guess Johnny wins, as he already has AP advantage, imagine having AP advantage and the enemy also is far weaker due having almost no blood? I side with Johnny for now, but i want to see more arguments to Ryuko, sadly that one of the most active debaters of Kill la kill (weekly) was banned

"btw, if Ryuko uses too much her costumes, she loses a lot of Blood and becomes far weaker, however, I don't know if this apply to her key that its currently being used"

That actually only applies to her pre-synchronized key, not her post-3 star key

Not that that makes much of a difference either way as Ryuko has no means to really do anything to Johnny here, his regen is far beyond what she can do permanent damage to and he can just plot manip her away. This seems kinda stompish tbh, Ryuko doesnt have any real wicon

"btw, if Ryuko uses too much her costumes, she loses a lot of Blood and becomes far weaker, however, I don't know if this apply to her key that its currently being used"

That actually only applies to her pre-synchronized key, not her post-3 star key
Aight, thanks

Would this match be more fair if I replaced Ryuko with Satsuki? She's absurdly skilled compared to most of the characters in Kill la Kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back