• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was chalked up as void manipulation and is considered not usable for AP from what I remember

It's probably not even void manipulation given the information given here

13.jpg

Nope, not a Maximum technique. Just Nanami applying his CT to a larger area (The wall) in attempt to crush him.

You mean a Maximum technique or something? I don't think so. IIRC, he just used a different application of his CT. Lemme get the scan rq
An extension technique that's stated to be noticeably more powerful than everything else he's displayed, yeah I'm pretty sure it wouldn't scale to stats

An extension technique that's stated to be noticeably more powerful than everything else he's displayed, yeah I'm pretty sure it wouldn't scale to stats
I don't think the technique itself was stronger. I think Nanami just visibly put more effort into the attack and applied his technique over a large area instead of just on his blade or his hand like he usually does. It doesn't seem to be like Maximum Techniques which are specific techniques that takes up far more power than any of their other techniques. Just looked like Nanami used another application to try and crush Mahito and escape. But I could be wrong. Maybe one of the guides state something regarding it?

I don't think the technique itself was stronger. I think Nanami just visibly put more effort into the attack and applied his technique over a large area instead of just on his blade or his hand like he usually does. It doesn't seem to be like Maximum Techniques which are specific techniques that takes up far more power than any of their other techniques. Just looked like Nanami used another application to try and crush Mahito and escape. But I could be wrong. Maybe one of the guides state something regarding it?
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/kaisentcb_23_14.jpg
Screen_Shot_2023-07-24_at_1.12.13_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2023-07-24_at_1.12.45_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2023-07-24_at_1.14.38_AM.png

Overtime Nanami is just a transformation, and since the technique itself is not considered a maximum but is just a different application for his base techinque he should be fine to scale off of it for his general AP while in Overtime.

I'm not sure we should call it his full power, just because from what we can tell Nanami isn't really at full power ever. He's only ever below full power or in a state of heightened power since that's how his binding vow works. Overtime is by all rights a stat amp

Nobody's talking about Overtime
I'm talking about Collapse specifically, being a move superior to his other moves as
A. It's noted to be more powerful
B. Uses considerably more cursed energy
C. Has a chain reaction effect

And what we're talking about is the fact that Nanami uses this move in Overtime. That's why its more powerful. You can't have the conversation of Collapse without the conversation of Overtime because the events of the manga link them together.

Nanami enters Overtime, he then uses Collapse. Therefore, his AP with Overtime would scale from Collapse. That's what the power for the techinque comes from, and going off the scans you provided and just looking at the rest of the show, it looks like Collapse's unique features as a technique is its ability to weaponize the debris of anything destroyed with ratio. That's what makes it an extension off the normal ratio techinque. The power difference/cursed energy consumption comes from Nanami being in Overtime when he utilizes it.

And what we're talking about is the fact that Nanami uses this move in Overtime. That's why its more powerful. You can't have the conversation of Collapse without the conversation of Overtime because the events of the manga link them together.

Nanami enters Overtime, he then uses Collapse. Therefore, his AP with Overtime would scale from Collapse. That's what the power for the techinque comes from, and going off the scans you provided and just looking at the rest of the show, it looks like Collapse's unique features as a technique is its ability to weaponize the debris of anything destroyed with ratio. That's what makes it an extension off the normal ratio techinque. The power difference/cursed energy consumption comes from Nanami being in Overtime when he utilizes it.
The technique has its yield because
1. Binding vow (Used right after he used Overtime, explaining his ability and strengthening it)
2. Overtime (Used right before Collapse)
3. Extension technique (Category of Collapse)

It's not just because of his overtime, because Mahito already saw the cursed energy he utilized then
It's cause of the 3 things, things that aren't regularly scaleable to his regular overtime yield.

On top of that, what is the scaling that puts Mahito to overtime Nanami's level? The moment he used Overtime is when he used Collapse and ended the fight
That was the old scaling chain, we've been needing to get rid of for a while alongside the Domain Scaling. Why is it being brought up here again?
Better/More values to choose from

Nanami's binding vow for ratio was in effect the entire fight, he never does one for Ratio: Collapse so it would be ignored for the most part since Nanami's default is just to explain his Ratio techinque. And from the explanation given, the extension techinque isn't the intial destruction that Nanami causes but the cursed imbuded debris he creates from it.

So seeing as him showing his hands is near always in effect, Overtime is an overall stat boost, and Collapse's as a techinque is reliant on spreading out the range of Nanami's attack and not the power, Collapse should scale to Nanami's AP while in Overtime.

Overtime is being used for scaling most of Shibuya since Dagon ends of letting most of the higher end cursed spirits and anyone who could hurt them on Nanami's level.

Nanami's binding vow for ratio was in effect the entire fight, he never does one for Ratio: Collapse so it would be ignored for the most part since Nanami's default is just to explain his Ratio techinque. And from the explanation given, the extension techinque isn't the intial destruction that Nanami causes but the cursed imbuded debris he creates from it.
I didn't mean to say binding vow. I apologize. I mean when they strengthen techniques by explaining them.

Chapter 21: They meet and don't talk.
Chapter 22: They fight. He never activates his even further binding vow. He finally starts overtime but it's not elaborated on other than Mahito's "his cursed energy".
Chapter 23: Flashback to that chapter of where he starts working overtime. They fight, but Overtime isn't activated yet. Activates Overtime, and there it's said his cursed energy increases. Then he starts explaining how his ability works, strengthening his ability. Then he slashes the wall then slashes Mahito.

Mahito has no reason to scale to a technique that was
1. Done by someone who was hurting him w/ no amps while at 80-90% strength
2. Strengthened by overtime
3. Strengthened by the technique explanation
4. Chain reaction effect from the extension
Overtime is being used for scaling most of Shibuya since Dagon ends of letting most of the higher end cursed spirits and anyone who could hurt them on Nanami's level.
Elaborate on this, where's it shown they scale to overtime Nanami here

Last edited:
I didn't mean to say binding vow. I apologize. I mean when they strengthen techniques by explaining them.

Chapter 21: They meet and don't talk.
Chapter 22: They fight. He never activates his even further binding vow. He finally starts overtime but it's not elaborated on other than Mahito's "his cursed energy".
Chapter 23: Flashback to that chapter of where he starts working overtime. They fight, but Overtime isn't activated yet. Activates Overtime, and there it's said his cursed energy increases. Then he starts explaining how his ability works, strengthening his ability. Then he slashes the wall then slashes Mahito.

Mahito has no reason to scale to a technique that was
1. Done by someone who was hurting him w/ no amps while at 80-90% strength
2. Strengthened by overtime
3. Strengthened by the technique explanation
Mahito doesn't scale at this point currently, just Nanami. However, Mahito does develop his domain expansion in his fight with Yuji and Nanami aftewards which would bare minimum put him on the same level as Nanami with his domain expansion in the Vs Mahito arc. Then by the time Shibuya has rolled around Mahito has also gottten stronger, since he's noted to be a cursed spirit that develops rapidly so its naturally to assume base mahito by this point is now on the level of Overtime Nanami. And since we have no reason to not scale Overtime Nanami to collapse since the effect of showing ones hand while a boost is not so significant that it pushes a techinque into unscalable terriotry (seen in Rot King from Eso, who notes that they'll be dead faster than the given times of 10-15 minutes but doesn't give any hard numbers that would imply their time is halved or anything like that).
Elaborate on this, where's it shown they scale to overtime Nanami here
Nanami is in Overtime, the entirety of Shibuya. It's after hours for him and his tie is wrapped around his hand the entire arc. So any fights he has, prime example being against Dagon who also fights Maki, Naobito, and Toji, spreads his scaling from there. Jogo and Mahito are considered stronger than Dagon so they naturally scale above, with Mahito also taking down Nanami. Yuji fights Mahito alongside Todo so both scale, etc. There's also scaling from Hanami who further pushes the group towards the value that nanami ultimately ends up scaling to.

Not sure if he was in overtime at this point, but Nanami's regular technique took chunks of flesh out of Mahito but later after his growth a few days, at most a week later, Mahito is tanking Nanami's technique attacks without being destroyed physically like he did in the sewers.

Not sure if he was in overtime at this point, but Nanami's regular technique took chunks of flesh out of Mahito but later after his growth a few days, at most a week later, Mahito is tanking Nanami's technique attacks without being destroyed physically like he did in the sewers.
He likely was in overtime since the fight takes place at night

The guidebook and Mahito say that the extension technique is filling the debris with Cursed Energy, Nanami's Overtime AP comes from the earthquake he created by punching the wall

Mahito doesn't scale at this point currently, just Nanami. However, Mahito does develop his domain expansion in his fight with Yuji and Nanami aftewards which would bare minimum put him on the same level as Nanami with his domain expansion in the Vs Mahito arc. Then by the time Shibuya has rolled around Mahito has also gottten stronger, since he's noted to be a cursed spirit that develops rapidly so its naturally to assume base mahito by this point is now on the level of Overtime Nanami. And since we have no reason to not scale Overtime Nanami to collapse since the effect of showing ones hand while a boost is not so significant that it pushes a techinque into unscalable terriotry (seen in Rot King from Eso, who notes that they'll be dead faster than the given times of 10-15 minutes but doesn't give any hard numbers that would imply their time is halved or anything like that).

Nanami is in Overtime, the entirety of Shibuya. It's after hours for him and his tie is wrapped around his hand the entire arc. So any fights he has, prime example being against Dagon who also fights Maki, Naobito, and Toji, spreads his scaling from there. Jogo and Mahito are considered stronger than Dagon so they naturally scale above, with Mahito also taking down Nanami. Yuji fights Mahito alongside Todo so both scale, etc. There's also scaling from Hanami who further pushes the group towards the value that nanami ultimately ends up scaling to.
Alright
So it scales to him later
What about the scaling for the earlier tier characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back