• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against accounting for possible vaporization of buildings since the crater is left completely empty. However, I also argued earlier that the blast actually just BLEW all the debris away since the cloud expanding out from the attack seems to carry rubble in it. So it's possible you could argue KE. And given the blast travels at like 140 m/s and we're talking about high-rise/skyscrapers worth of mass, it'd prolly net somethin good too. I'll leave it up to ya'll if you'd wanna do KE or vaporisation instead tho.

I disagree that we use KE for everything. I will only compromise for half the feat being KE and Vaporization. I wholeheartedly agree with Vaporization alone because the buildings in parts and segments and not little debris.

I disagree that we use KE for everything. I will only compromise for half the feat being KE and Vaporization. I wholeheartedly agree with Vaporization alone because the buildings in parts and segments and not little debris.
I'm fine with either tbh. But I'm confused by what you meant in the last bit here
I wholeheartedly agree with Vaporization alone because the buildings in parts and segments and not little debris.

I'm fine with either tbh. But I'm confused by what you meant in the last bit here

Think about it, imagine if this was an explosion and not just flames engulfing the are. If those large building parts (or even insane amounts of debris) were thrown out of the zone due to the blast, it will cause extensive damage to the surrounding areas and most importantly it’ll obviously kill Megumi, which Sukuna was trying to avoid.

Think about it, imagine if this was an explosion and not just flames engulfing the are. If those large building parts (or even insane amounts of debris) were thrown out of the zone due to the blast, it will cause extensive damage to the surrounding areas and most importantly it’ll obviously kill Megumi, which Sukuna was trying to avoid.
Yeah, that seems fair. Regarding the vaporization method, would the fact that the buildings were for the most part reduced to a fine powder change anything, or not?

any update? no rush btw
Yeah sorry it was an extra long shift at the Ball Crushing factory today
Yeah

Dude vaporized a shit ton of buildings. That would be a lot

Say something like 2% of that volume was vaporized stone or steel or w/e to account for empty space or glass or something. It'd multiply what you got tenfold
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_120_02.jpg
A large part of this could have also come from Sukuna's domains turning everything to dust before the flame pillar which would neg most of the buildings inside it

I wouldn't be opposed to using vaporization of building but I'd need it to be worth it and not total guesswork

Yeah, that seems fair. Regarding the vaporization method, would the fact that the buildings were for the most part reduced to a fine powder change anything, or not?

You sure it’s fine power? Or the dust collecting from large falling buildings.

How would we interpret large slashes made up of little smaller ones. Because that’s how it was depicted

You sure it’s fine power? Or the dust collecting from large falling buildings.

How would we interpret large slashes made up of little smaller ones. Because that’s how it was depicted
It looks to be too much to not be fine powder. It's up to Sukuna's knees in depth.
8.jpg

There's obviously some rubble, but it looks like there's also a shit ton of powder left behind.

The cuts vary in size is all that seems to suggest. Or that panel isn't super literal and what we see after as Shmeaty shows is a more literal representation of what happens. However, you could argue what I showed in the panel was just smoke clearing up, because on the next page there's not a single speck of powder next to Mahoraga?

Hell, I'll just post the whole scene

Definitely leaning towards the whole "turning the building to dust with slashes" view

It seem the tops of some buildings made it out because the top wasn't in Sukuna's Domain

Okay so

@Shmeatywerbenmanjenson is for literally everything in a 140 radius turned to dust.

@LaserPrecision is for most of the buildings being turned to fine sand.

Me on the other hand is advocating for some of the buildings being turned to dust with a series of large slashes made up of numerous smaller slashes.

Got it.

The cuts vary in size is all that seems to suggest. Or that panel isn't super literal and what we see after as Shmeaty shows is a more literal representation of what happens. However, you could argue what I showed in the panel was just smoke clearing up, because on the next page there's not a single speck of powder next to Mahoraga?

There isn’t really a reason why the panel i posted shouldn’t be taken literal.

It makes perfect sense that those large slashes are entirely made up of little ones because numerous buildings did not get turned to dust — And no I don’t mean the top of the buildings because we can see dust particle clouds larger than the buildings themselves. And that would also make numerous buildings over 100m tall, idk if you guys think that make sense.

Also Mahoraga isn’t exactly standing close enough to any building to warrant Gege to spend time drawing them. He was in the middle of the street.

Definitely leaning towards the whole "turning the building to dust with slashes" view

It seem the tops of some buildings made it out because the top wasn't in Sukuna's Domain

I find it hard to believe most of the building were close to 140m tall. Most of em look like mid range buildings among a few high rise ones. The dust clouds are even larger than numerous buildings.

But if you say so.

I find it hard to believe most of the building were close to 140m tall. Most of em look like mid range buildings among a few high rise ones. The dust clouds are even larger than numerous buildings.

But if you say so.
They don't need to be 140 meters tall

They just need to be towards the edge of the 140 meter radius so the curve of the dome shape comes into play

Here's an example
8D8EDZ3.jpg

They don't need to be 140 meters tall

They just need to be towards the edge of the 140 meter radius so the curve of the dome shape comes into play

Here's an example
8D8EDZ3.jpg

I disagree because many mid to low range range buildings survive.
It looks to be too much to not be fine powder. It's up to Sukuna's knees in depth.
8.jpg

There's obviously some rubble, but it looks like there's also a shit ton of powder left behind.

Sorry for tagging you @LaserPrecision but @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson look at this scan.

What you are suggesting implies most of the buildings were gone. We can see many mid rise buildings not turned to dust in the scan i tagged. This supports my view that the panel below should be taken literal.

0119-004.png

I just think the large slashes in this scan were made up of many smaller slashes that reduce large portions of buildings to dust.

Anyways that’s all I’ll say on this, I think I’ve established my position well, whatever stance @KingTempest and @Duedate8898 take after is fine.

I disagree because many mid to low range range buildings survive.

Sorry for tagging you @LaserPrecision but @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson look at this scan.

We can see many mid rise buildings not turned to dust. This supports my view that the panel below should be taken literal.

0119-004.png

I just think the large slashes in this scan were made up of many smaller slashes that reduce large portions of buildings to dust.
This panel is just meant to show the wide reaching area of the slashes and its at the beginning of the technique

We then see multiple panels showing things getting sliced to dust and then buildings falling inward

Frost calm ain't calced yet?
As for this I'm pretty sure smeaty did a rough calc for it a while ago and it was like 8A. Not sure if he blogged it
I never got around to calcing it but I did do a rough calc based on estimates and got like low 8-A range

Gimme the scans and I can do it tonight when I get back from work
Do you remember if it was the regular one or the Maximum Output one?

This panel is just meant to show the wide reaching area of the slashes and its at the beginning of the technique

We then see multiple panels showing things getting sliced to dust and then buildings falling inward
I would argue pulverized to dust or not, the fire still destroyed what was those buildings. Not only is any remaining dust seemingly destroyed in the fire, since it was still there when Sukuna shot but the missing buildings should also show that Sukuna destroyed those collapsing buildings. Several buildings are shown still in the process of collapsing before Sukuna shoots his fire arrow and after his domain has been closed, so the lack of collapsed buildings after the explosion should mean that the arrow did vaporize what remained.

Yeah if you look closely the large slashes are at an angle, hence why numerous buildings fall inward and not straight down like you’re suggesting. Some of the buildings are still standing, further adding credence to the fact that we should take that panel as literal slashes at angles that turn those slash areas to dust.

I would argue pulverized to dust or not, the fire still destroyed what was those buildings. Not only is any remaining dust seemingly destroyed in the fire, since it was still there when Sukuna shot but the missing buildings should also show that Sukuna destroyed those collapsing buildings. Several buildings are shown still in the process of collapsing before Sukuna shoots his fire arrow and after his domain has been closed, so the lack of collapsed buildings after the explosion should mean that the arrow did vaporize what remained.

Exactly.

I’ll see how I can calc it and send the blog.

I'm not arguing they weren't destroyed by the arrow, I'm arguing if they were pulverized or not

I believe they where vaporized by the fire arrow for the record

Alright it's done

Got 447.669 Tons (8-A)
shmeaty im not sure of the validity of this method over the one you used but you can also multiply the ices's mass x 2638880 J/kg and it comes out to just under 3 kilotons. ive seen calc members do this and ive done it myself and it seems to check out so adding it as a high end shouldent hurt. heres some examples of therefir's and mine.

Last edited:
shmeaty im not sure of the validity of this method over the one you used but you can also multiply the ices's mass x 2638880 J/kg and it comes out to just under 3 kilotons. ive seen calc members do this and ive done it myself and it seems to check out so adding it as a high end shouldent hurt. heres some examples of therefir's and mine.

I took a look at this and decided to do it a little differently

Instead of using vapor vaporization value then vapor cooling down to 0 then doing water fusion

I did Vapor vaporization then assumed the water is cooled down to 0 then doing water fusion

If that makes sense

Anyways yeah this bumps it up to 2.95 Kilotons

so everyone is fine with the 1125.6 tons value? Has there been any calc for high tiers we can use instead of Nanami's?

Has there been any calc for high tiers we can use instead of Nanami's?
@LIFE_OF_KING your Hanami calc needs to get slightly downgraded.
All that mass didn't move at uniform speed because of the logic of tree growth. For the KE of that it needs to be 1/4th instead of 1/2
Hanami's calc would be 463.4 Tons after that and since Hanami didn't start fighting seriously until fighting Yuji and Todo, he'd upscale to 8-A+

so everyone is fine with the 1125.6 tons value?
ISBDK Mahito is a x2 multiplier from Post-Black Flash Mahito who is x1.2 Overtime Nanami's calc which would put him at 900.48 Tons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back