• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Mu-Won (Legend of The Northern Blade) vs Star and Stripe (My Hero Academia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Since All Might got cucked, might as well do it with Star and Stripe. Haven't really caught up with it, but it does seem like she's strong af.

Speed is equalized.

Jin's AP: 2.57 Gigatons, 3.77 Gigatons with One Focus.

Star and Stripe AP: 640 Megatons, 6.4 gigatons with Intercontinental Cruise Punch.

Star is around 4 times weaker than Jin with her normal attacks, but is about 2.5 times stronger with her stronger attacks.

Though, she seems to have good hax, so I doubt it will matter much.

Jin Mu-Won: 0

Star and Stripe: 0

Incon: 0

well, she was going to kill Shigaraki several times, just an example
That alone doesn't really say much. She can probably kill Jin by giving him a heart attack if she touches him, and I'm sure there's a chance he'll give his name if she just asked for it lmao. Not 100%, but there's still quite a bit of chance. He already gave his name a few times before fighting an opponent.

Though, I still don't understand the condition parts of her abilities. I know he needs to break a condition in order for his heart to stop, but what's the condition?

That alone doesn't really say much. She can probably kill Jin by giving him a heart attack if she touches him, and I'm sure there's a chance he'll give his name if she just asked for it lmao. Not 100%, but there's still quite a bit of chance. He already gave his name a few times before fighting an opponent.
Sorry i just wanted to say that she is strong, Star and Stripe gave to Shigaraki an harder time than anyone he faced, like Endeavor Bakugo and Midoriya and others, even AFO himself who is pretty much one of the strongest characters of the series considered her dangerous.
Though, I still don't understand the condition parts of her abilities. I know he needs to break a condition in order for his heart to stop, but what's the condition?
ok this is hard but i will try to explain:
her quirs is New order, and it works like this
After touching a target and calling out its name, Star and Stripe can apply a new rule to it. This allows her to manipulate and bestow new properties onto herself and the world around her. She can give herself additional abilities, as well as manipulate the condition of her opponents body. She can even use her power on incorporeal things like the air or light. She can only apply two rules at once, and can't apply a rule onto something if she doesn't know its name.

That I know, but what kind of rules? Like, if she wanted to give Jin a heart attack, what kind of rule does she need to apply? It says that they have to break a condition in order to get a heart attack, but what's the condition?

Basically, SaS has to know the Excat name of the thing she want to apply the rule, if like Shigaraki who doesnt know who is at this point, SaS can't apply the rule on him
ike, if she wanted to give Jin a heart attack, what kind of rule does she need to apply? It says that they have to break a condition in order to get a heart attack, but what's the condition?
basically, she touch him, she say "if Jin move, his heart will stop" Jin move, the heart stop

Jesus. If that's the case, then she'll probably one shot.

The problem is, would she be able to touch him before he annihilates her? What's her best skill level, close to all might?

The problem is, would she be able to touch him before he annihilates her?
i don't think she would even need that, SAS can just erase the air in front of her with a 100 meters radius,
hope Jin can hold his breath for some time

i don't think she would even need that, SAS can just erase the air in front of her with a 100 meters radius,
hope Jin can hold his breath for some time
That doesn't really seem that much of a problem when he can just get out of the erased air radius, both characters here have high hypersonic speed, so it should be really easy.

just to be clear, i'm not voting for her, i'm just explaining her abilities, if you want someone who could argure for her i suggest Therefir, Damage or Kingofwolfes

That doesn't really seem that much of a problem when he can just get out of the erased air radius, both characters here have high hypersonic speed, so it should be really easy.
Even staying a few moments in a vacuum would rupture your lungs and cause irreparable damage if you have no regeneration.

His eyes would boil as well, leaving him blinded. This happened to Shigaraki immediately after the vacuum was created.

Did her erasing air actually do that, or do we just assume vacuums to be like that?

Also, how likely is it for her to open up with that?

Edit: Nevermind the first question.

Also, how likely is it for her to open up with that?
Standard battle assumption dictates that characters are willing to kill, so yes, I'm pretty sure she'll start with that, her intention was to kill Shigaraki from the start.

Standard battle assumption dictates that characters are willing to kill, so yes, I'm pretty sure she'll start with that, her intention was to kill Shigaraki from the start.
I mean, didn't she mostly use it because of the range disadvantage? She didn't try to use it when up close. I just read the chapters, and that's what honestly seemed to happen. Granted I have only read the latest chapters, so I might be missing some context.

Also, that lung rupture thing, wouldn't that take about 15 seconds or so? The eyes boiling part would hurt as shit, yes, but would it be enough to instantly blind Jin?

Oh, and, another thing, is her durability always mountain level+, or does she first need to activate New Order?

Also, SBA assumes they are 4km apart, so, unless the air erasure stuff can work at that range, I doubt she would start with that.

Last edited:
I mean, didn't she mostly use it because of the range disadvantage? She didn't try to use it when up close. I just read the chapters, and that's what honestly seemed to happen. Granted I have only read the latest chapters, so I might be missing some context.
What range disadvantage? She started with that, so of course I'm going to assume she will in this case as well, not sure what you think she'll open with here.

Also, that lung rupture thing, wouldn't that take about 15 seconds or so? The eyes boiling part would hurt as shit, yes, but would it be enough to instantly blind Jin?
It takes 15 seconds to lose consciousness but I'm pretty the lungs rupture happens immediately, not sure if Jin would be able to keep fighting after that even if he escaped the vacuum, actually he probably wouldn't even know what's happening. Your eyes boiling would cause immediate blindness, for sure.
Also, another thing, is her durability always mountain level+, or does she first need to activate New Order?
She always has her strength enhancement order activated unless she is going to perform some kind of special attack, so that's her standard durability.
Also, SBA assumes they are 4km apart, so, unless the air erasure stuff can work at that range, I doubt she would start with that.
She can control the air and put a rule in it within a range of more than 2 kilometers, demonstrated by her air giant. So as they get closer she will start with the air erasure, as she did with Shigaraki when he was getting close.

What range disadvantage? She started with that, so of course I'm going to assume she will in this case as well, not sure what you think she'll open with here.
From what I understood, she used it after Shigaraki has used his own attack. Not to mention, they are both high up in the sky, if they were on the ground, wouldn't Jin just be able to escape rather easily?
It takes 15 seconds to lose consciousness but I'm pretty the lungs rupture happens immediately, not sure if Jin would be able to keep fighting after that even if he escaped the vacuum, actually he would be in pain which would reduce the chance of escaping and probably wouldn't even know what's happening.
I highly doubt that. The dude constantly gets absolutely beaten to a pulp, but still gets up despite that. Dude has an amazing pain tolerance. Also, it needs 90 seconds before you are actually killed from Asphyxiation. Jin wouldn't be unconsciousness, since he literally cannot go unconscious due to his sword. Dude was supposed to go unconscious multiple time, and yet was still conscious. This was stated, by the way. Not just headcanon or smth.

Also, did Shigaraki's lungs instantly rupture? I didn't really see that in the manga. Not to mention, from a simple google search, a simple lung rupture wouldn't instantly kill a dude, and he'll definitely be able to still move.

Also, the dude has sensing, and is much more skilled than > people who are blinded by illusions and can still detect where characters are and fight against them.
She always has her strength enhancement order activated unless she is going to perform some kind of special attack, that's her standard durability.
Okay, gucci. So, if she does use any special attack, a single hit from Jin would destroy her.

She can control the air and put a rule in it within a range of more than 2 kilometers, demonstrated by her air giant.
She specifically says 100 meters, though? If she could do that, wouldn't she have just expanded the range of the air erasure to 2k meters instead of 100? But even then, can't he just immediately leave? They are both Hypersonic level, and the boiling part and air rupture would clearly take at the very least half a second or so. Shigaraki probably couldn't do anything due to the fact he was mid-air, and doesn't really have flight to escape it. Granted, I'm probably just grasping at straws here.

Also, there's this article, which is quite interesting, honestly.

"in 1965 a technician inside a vacuum chamber at Johnson Space Center in Houston accidentally depressurized his space suit by disrupting a hose. After 12 to 15 seconds he lost consciousness. He regained it at 27 seconds, after his suit was repressurized to about half that of sea level. The man reported that his last memory before blacking out was of the moisture on his tongue beginning to boil as well as a loss of taste sensation that lingered for four days following the accident, but he was otherwise unharmed."

Of course, this one isn't the same as space vacuum, but it's still pretty close.

Last edited:
From what I understood, she used it after Shigaraki has used his own attack. Not to mention, they are both high up in the sky, if they were on the ground, wouldn't Jin just be able to escape rather easily?
I find hard to believe Jin would be even able to know what's happening or how to escape the vacuum.
I highly doubt that. The dude constantly gets absolutely beaten to a pulp, but still gets up despite that. Dude has an amazing pain tolerance. Also, it needs 90 seconds before you are actually killed from Asphyxiation.
Yeah I noticed after reading his profile, though his stamina doesn't really elaborate too much on his endurance, it just says High and from what you told me it should be even superior to that.
She specifically says 100 meters, though? If she could do that, wouldn't she have just expanded the range of the air erasure to 2k meters instead of 100?
Shigaraki appeared in front of her at that range so she of course had to use her rule at 100 meters. They were fighting above cloud level so she couldn't see him until he was really close.

I also noticed Jin's lifting strength pales in comparison to Star and Stripe's giant, so she could summon her Fist Bump To The Earth to keep Jin restrained inside the vacuum and eventually kill him from asphyxiation.

Last edited:
I find hard to believe Jin would be even able to know what's happening or how to escape the vacuum.
I don't see why not? He won't obviously just stand there and let it **** him, so he'd obviously try to stay away from her, or just dash towards her and kill her.
Yeah I noticed after reading his profile, though his stamina doesn't really elaborate too much on his endurance, it just says High and from what you told me it should be even superior to that.
I honestly didn't know what qualifies for very high stamina or above. I think I did put a note stating that he can't go unconscious, though.
Shigaraki appeared in front of her at that range so she of course had to use her rule at 100 meters. They were fighting above cloud level so she couldn't see him until he was really close.
I know he appeared at that range, but I feel like she can only use it at that range as well. Otherwise, instead of 100 meters, she would've just used 2km instead and kept making shigaraki in the erased air. But she didn't.
I also noticed Jin's lifting strength pales in comparison to Star and Stripe's giant, so she could summon her Fist Bump To The Earth to keep Jin restrained inside the vacuum and eventually kill him by asphyxiation.
Does she ever do that, and can't he just, y'know, dodge? Also if she uses that, wouldn't her durability go down hill and he'd be able to just one shot her with one of his skills? The dude is already way more skilled than her.
It's impossible to create a perfect vacuum on Earth so this doesn't necessarily reflect what would happen in Star's true vacuum, as she erases the air from existence.
From what I've seen from the Manga, sure, the air was erased, but it was clearly meant to replicate space. We don't really know how much worse is a perfect vacuum than space, and shigaraki, for example, didn't really get his lungs ruptured immediately.

Sure, a vacuum chamber isn't as good as space, but it's still pretty close, I feel.

I know he appeared at that range, but I feel like she can only use it at that range as well. Otherwise, instead of 100 meters, she would've just used 2km instead and kept making shigaraki in the erased air. But she didn't.
2 kilometers? That doesn't make otherwise she would have got caught in her own vacuum. She didn't keep erasing air because it just doesn't work on Shigaraki, right before she uses it she says "How about you die with this!", she later states that Shigaraki's lungs must have some kind of modification to get around being in a vacuum.
Does she ever do that, and can't he just, y'know, dodge? Also if she uses that, wouldn't her durability go down hill and he'd be able to just one shot her with one of his skills? The dude is already way more skilled than her.
The air giant is completely invisible to the naked eye, and she can just make a new rule to activate her strength enhancement.

2 kilometers? That doesn't make otherwise she would have got caught in her own vacuum. She didn't keep erasing air because it just doesn't work on Shigaraki, right before she uses it she says "How about you die with this!", she later states that Shigaraki's lungs must have some kind of modification to get around being in a vacuum.
I still honestly don't know to feel about this. But, I'm pretty sure even if she uses it on Jin, he can still just leave it.
The air giant is completely invisible to the naked eye, and she can just make a new rule to activate her strength enhancement.
Ah, well, that's a problem. Though, that would most definitely make Jin lose his grip on the sword, which would be a major problem for Star.

Thats because if Jins sword isn't in his hand, or he has lost it, anyone who gazes upon it will get possessed/mind controlled to get it themselves, completely forgetting the situation they are in.

Also was it stated its invisible to the naked eye, or is it just because it's air? If it's the latter, then I THINK he might be able to see it, but I'm not sure. I'd have to recheck later.

Also, doesn't the special attack stuff take a toll on her, and wouldn't even one hit from Jin make her lose control? That seemed to happen after using her powers for a bit.

I haven't read this thread in full, and I don't know anything about this guy so I'm not going to vote or say who wins.

For her air giant, Shigaraki says: "Nothing is visible there, but I got a nasty feeling..." Obviously it's invisible because it's made of air, and air cannot be seen without some kind of enhanced senses. Also when Shigaraki was placed in the vacuum, his eyes seems to immediately suffered damage.

The vacuum might also blind her opponent with eye damage, for some reason. I don't think eye damage happens instantly in real life, but that's what her move does.

Also even when allowed Star cannot use her 6-C attack unless her opponent decides to stand still. It takes way too much set up and requires her opponent to not move, or for outside help to keep them pinned. Because it'd be rather easy to dodge, just getting 5 meters away from the center of the blast lowers the energy a human is hit by to...

... 6.9 MT or 7-B, being basically worthless against an opponent with High 7-A durability.

Thanks for the reply!

Also, I'm pretty sure the eye damage part, while will still burn your eyes, it isn't instant. And from the few articles I've read, it apparently can be brought back after a short amount of time. Granted, those articles were talking about vacuum chamber.

I'm honestly still iffy about her being able to erase air for up to 2km, but if it's true, then that honestly feels like the only problem here. The dude can already sense opponents even when his eyes are closed, and he scales above dudes who can fight while blinded, so it isn't much of a problem.

I don't really see why he can't just 2 shot her, or smth. The only problem here is the air part, but MC can still survive it. Not to mention, if he loses his sword, then Star will get mind controlled by it.

We don't assume anything about Star, she only uses abilities that she shows. She might be able to erase more air, but we cannot say she can unless new information comes out. So 100 meters or less is the best we can assume.

SBA starting distance is at the character's maximum range, but only as high as 4 kilometers. Since both have kilometers of range, they'll start 4 kilometers away from each other. Since's Star can't erase the air from that distance, she'll probably start with her air giant.

His one focus doesn't sound like something he starts with, and his range is only hundreds of meters normally. So she does outrange him with her invisible giant. I have to ask, can Jin see or track the air with his enhanced senses? I ask because he has enhanced sense on his profile, but no explanation on what he can do with it.

Just in case, but upclose Star lacks the AP/skill to defeat him, and he can easily take hits from her and deal fatal damage with a single direct hit from his blade. His AP is 4X stronger than her, and he uses a blade. Honestly he should be able to chop off her limbs with a single slice. People can cause fatal damage to others with a sword even if they're weaker. This guy seems like some skill base god or something, Star is just a brawler. A smart one, but literally nothing against what I'm seeing.

Her only chance in that case is him telling her his name, and she touches him to stop his heart if he moves. But trying to touch him would be impossible, it's more likely he kills her vs her touching him. Is it possible for her to restrain him with her air giant or can he escape?

I'm not sure tbh, I don't recall him ever sensing sir. His cloak has resistance against air, but I'm not sure how that will work against an air giant. Though, the sword part is still a problem, as it will mind control her if he loses his grip.

His one focus doesn't sound like something he starts with, and his range is only hundreds of meters normally. So she does outrange him with her invisible giant. I have to ask, can Jin see or track the air with his enhanced senses? I ask because he has enhanced sense on his profile, but no explanation on what he can do with it.
Ah right, I forgot to ask, but is slashing through and seeing sound attacks be good enough? Would that be enough to assume he'll be able to see her?

Ah right, I forgot to ask, but is slashing through and seeing sound attacks be good enough? Would that be enough to assume he'll be able to see her?
Seeing sound would mean being able to see air, since sound itself is just vibrations that travel (mostly) through the air. In that case yes he can see the giant if he can see sound.

Unless I'm super off on what sound is.

Seeing sound would mean being able to see air, since sound itself is just vibrations that travel (mostly) through the air. In that case yes he can see the giant if he can see sound.

Unless I'm super off on what sound is.
Nice~

That's what I know, as well. Sound is just vibrations, so he should realistically be able to see the giant.

Here's the feat for anyone who's wondering.

So, now that he can see the giant, I assume the only wincon for Star is if she erases air and keeps Jin inside of it with her air giant? Does she have any other wincon?

She can't erase the air from the start, since her air erasure is only up to 100 meters. We can't assume anything higher than what she shows.

She can't do anything against him unless he gets that close, but he is skilled enough to easily avoid her attacks and can attack her from outside of her erase range. Seems like he kills her without her being able to do anything. Giant is easily dodged, and he can kill her before he enters the range of her air erasure.

Since his range is hundreds of meters normally, which implies multiple hundreds of meters. While her range is only 100 meters exactly.

Can't Star just use her air giant to crush him to death? Given its giant size the arms are easily moving faster than the speed of sound so it's impossible to use sound to know where exactly the air giant is.

So Star only needs catch Jin with her invisible air giant and crush him because this guy doesn't have enough lifting strength to escape.

Can't Star just use her air giant to crush him to death? Given its giant size the arms are easily moving faster than the speed of sound so it's impossible to use sound to know where exactly the air giant is.
He didn't hear sound, the scan shows that he saw sound and was even able to cut it.

I assume that is what Rikimarox2 is saying, and the scan above shows. I guess it is possible he predicted where the sound would be?

I'm pretty darn sure he just straight up saw it. There was nothing in the chapter indicating that he predicting it instead.

Though, i can't believe I fked up like this, but his range isn't hundreds of meters normally.

His basic attack, ie just attack like a normal sword man, is standard sword range. I should fix this in my on-going crt.

He does, however, have quite a lot of skills that reach well over 100 meters, and most of the time, he just goes with skill based attacks. Some of them he can do with just slightly unsheathing his blade.

Bump!

Also, the range has been corrected on the profile, and his normal ap might become 4 gigatons.

I've also added Npi to his profile, among other things.

Any reason to bump this thread when this dude easily stomps?

Star lacks any chance at victory, he can cut her in half with a single attack (I'm not including one focus, which one shots her giant), he can see her air giant so it is easily avoidable, and far surpasses anyone in the MHA verse with his godly skill/experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back