• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 2nd King of Nera VS The Demon of the Silent Night

Engen's AP - 37.7082 Tons << Ihwa (Releases that much power with just the shockwaves of her attacks << Engen (No-Sold her attack)

Won't really be able to respond much here since I'm currently sick and I have 2 exams coming tomorrow and after tomorrow.

However, just gotta say: there is a slight typo on Jin's ap. He ain't City block level+, only city block level.

He scales to almost one one shotting Tae, who can brush off Dam Soo Cheon's attacks with no problem, and managed to knock the shit out of Dam without any problem. Dam can several times his own attacks force, which makes him 19 tons. Tae is >> Dam (fodderized him), and Jin's AP >>> Tae (Quite literally could've one shotted him if the dude didn't dodge half of the attack)

However... Jin's dura is quite shit in this key. Dude got ****** by one attack from Tae, and couldn't right afterwards. So, one attack from Engen might one shot Jin.

Now, I gotta ask, what is Engen's skill and abilities?

Won't really be able to respond much here since I'm currently sick and I have 2 exams coming tomorrow and after tomorrow.
Good luck, and get better soon dude.
Now, I gotta ask, what is Engen's skill and abilities?
As noted on his profile, Engen's Gift is Umbrakinesis (Darkness Manipulation). He utilizes this mostly for danmaku/AoE attacks, such as summoning creatures of Darkness to crush his opponent or just pelting them with tendrils and projectiles of darkness which cause enormous explosions.

He's no slouch when it comes to sword skills - I'd probably have to detail it in a post separate to this to avoid bloating.

Still quite sick and have my final exam tomorrow, but I will say:

One attack from Engen and Jin is dead. His dura is trash in this key. Maybe change it to Tae Mu-Kang or smth?

Changed it but since Tae has no good images I had to reformat the OP to be boring as shit.

Life is pain.

Alr now that it has been changed to Tae Mu-Kang, I'm not really seeing any regen negation on Engen's profile.

Engen has like >>1.77x AP advantage (Due to no-selling attacks of 33 tons), meanwhile Tae scales to fodderizing Dam (19 tons). So, it's gonna be a problem for Tae... for the first few mins.

Engen doesn't seem to go for CqC, but if he ever does, then he's kinda screwed since every attack he'll do will get reflected by 3x. Additionally, iirc almost all of Tae's attacks do dura neg.

Additionally, if Tae gets shit own, he can just regen and adapt to Engen's AP.

Tho idk much about Engen, or his fighting style tbh.

Changed it but since Tae has no good images I had to reformat the OP to be boring as shit.

Life is pain.
This exists which looks cool ngl, but unfortunate his entire body isn't shown.

Edit: I just realized Engen doesn't have resistance to fear manip. I feel like that's wrong, but if he really doesn't, what stops Tae from just fear striking him? His fear is so potent that people who were not even afraid of death feared the **** out of him.

Engen has like >>1.77x AP advantage (Due to no-selling attacks of 33 tons)
*37 tons.
Engen doesn't seem to go for CqC, but if he ever does, then he's kinda screwed since every attack he'll do will get reflected by 3x.
He WILL occasionally go for CQC but usually even his CQC involves summoning giant demon creatures with hundreds of darkness tendrils attached to them to just bombard the opponent, so uh, kinda CQC???

He can also just like, crush Tae. With Hell: Saṃghāta he can summon literal mountains of darkness upon mountains of darkness to just crush his opponent in between them
Additionally, if Tae gets shit own, he can just regen and adapt to Engen's AP.
Engen likes to end his fights quickly as possible so he's just gonna chop of Tae's head instead of allowing him to regenerate.

Edit: I just realized Engen doesn't have resistance to fear manip. I feel like that's wrong, but if he really doesn't, what stops Tae from just fear striking him? His fear is so potent that people who were not even afraid of death feared the **** out of him.
He doesn't have a specific resistance to fear manipulation but he's so "not afraid of death" that he's not even a smidgen of afraid of an actual God unfathomably stronger than people who are literally hundreds to thousands of times stronger than him.

So uh, he's very stubborn.

For more context on the fear shit so it doesn't sound like I'm making shit up:

There's a character in Hero Killer called the "Steel Witch", who is a character so powerful she is compared to the "Stars in the Galaxy" by other people, and is so powerful that just witnessing her caused a guy to go insane from demorilization and hopelessness.

That guy went mad, Engen didn't.

*37 tons.
Ah okay, so >1.94x ap difference.
He WILL occasionally go for CQC but usually even his CQC involves summoning giant demon creatures with hundreds of darkness tendrils attached to them to just bombard the opponent, so uh, kinda CQC???
Kinda weird but okay. Not sure if it qualifies as CQC but eh. Are they the same ap as Engen? If not, then they'd probably get destroyed after a few hits considering Tae's forcefield that rebounds attacks. Additionally, Tae has his own Danmaku that he likes to use after leaping thousands of feet into the air.
He can also just like, crush Tae. With Hell: Saṃghāta he can summon literal mountains of darkness upon mountains of darkness to just crush his opponent in between them
How often does he go for this? Also, can't Tae just leap into the air to dodge them? Also, how does it even work? Is it AP, LS, or what? If LS, do we consider them to be as heavy as an actual mountain considering they are, well, shadows? If it's Ap, then it's not really going to be that major of a problem, as Tae's LS is Class K.
Engen likes to end his fights quickly as possible so he's just gonna chop of Tae's head instead of allowing him to regenerate.
Which is kind of gonna be a problem considering his force field. Additionally, if he ever doesn't opt to do that, or sees Tae is just destroyed and doesn't need to cut his head, then Tae kind of just RPL to the point that all of Engen's attacks won't do anything to him.

Also, has he ever done smth like this? Like, immediately chopping someone's head? Because the moment Tae regenerates, his RPL will kick in.
He doesn't have a specific resistance to fear manipulation but he's so "not afraid of death" that he's not even a smidgen of afraid of an actual God unfathomably stronger than people who are literally hundreds to thousands of times stronger than him.

So uh, he's very stubborn.
Noted. His fear manip probably won't work then.

That said, is Engen good at dodging danmaku? Unlike the manhwa, where it was piss poor danmaku for Tae, here it was described as literal rain from the sky that engulfed literally everything. Additionally, all of these just dura neg to your internal organs.

Additionally, his killing intent will slow down Engen a bit, which is kind of helpful here.

Also I honestly wanna make a Yoon-seok versus this guy, but Yoon-seok's bitch aura makes this unfair. Sadge. Though if they start hundreds of meters away then there might be a chance.

Kinda weird but okay. Not sure if it qualifies as CQC but eh. Are they the same ap as Engen? If not, then they'd probably get destroyed after a few hits considering Tae's forcefield that rebounds attacks. Additionally, Tae has his own Danmaku that he likes to use after leaping thousands of feet into the air.
They are the same AP as Engen yeah, if not higher.
How often does he go for this? Also, can't Tae just leap into the air to dodge them? Also, how does it even work? Is it AP, LS, or what? If LS, do we consider them to be as heavy as an actual mountain considering they are, well, shadows? If it's Ap, then it's not really going to be that major of a problem, as Tae's LS is Class K.
He pretty much spams his "Hell" moves, especially Samghata, against opponents he takes seriously. He spams it so much that for Tae to actually jump out of the way of the mountains he would need to jump way more than just "thousands of feet", as Engen's mountains can get this large.

They aren't actual mountains. Engen's darkness doesn't have a specific density we can assume, so the weight of Hell: Saṃghāta can't be calculated, and to begin with, to crush someone you need higher AP, not LS.
Which is kind of gonna be a problem considering his force field. Additionally, if he ever doesn't opt to do that, or sees Tae is just destroyed and doesn't need to cut his head, then Tae kind of just RPL to the point that all of Engen's attacks won't do anything to him.

Also, has he ever done smth like this? Like, immediately chopping someone's head? Because the moment Tae regenerates, his RPL will kick in.
Engen can just layer several attacks on top of each other to break the force-field, with spamming multiple attacks at once being something he does... literally all the time.

Also, he usually opts to crush their entire body at once and not just their head lol.
That said, is Engen good at dodging danmaku?
He doesn't need to be. He can just cover himself in layers of darkness, or summon darkness creatures to protect himself or just swat Tae out of the air before he executes his attack. He's not gonna let Tae execute any attacks, he's gonna try and crush his entire body instantly.

Hm, then yeah, I don't really see Tae winning this if this dude just likes to spam mountain crush or layer himself with defenses.

That said, I don't think it's a stomp as Tae still very much has a viable wincon, which is Engen just messing up one time or smth before his RPL kicks in and just becoming immune to every attack.

Voting Engen, low-diff.

Also I honestly wanna make a Yoon-seok versus this guy, but Yoon-seok's bitch aura makes this unfair. Sadge. Though if they start hundreds of meters away then there might be a chance.
Honestly if we could assume a specific density of Engen's darkness we could probably get... MUCH higher LS for him, but unfortunately we can't cause it's not any actual material.
Voting Engen, low-diff.
Noted.

Back