• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jenny Wakeman vs. Danny Phanton (Battle of the Teen Heroes) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
RIf you were asked about teenager heroes that were featured on Nickelodeon, you might think of the two combatants we have today. And while they're both very different, one being a super robot and the other being a human-ghost hybrid, who is the better hero? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have XJ-9, commonly known as Jenny Wakema, from My Life As A Teenage Robot, and in the red corner, we have Danny Phantom from the show of the same name.

Danny Phantom Ecto-Skeleton
Jenny
-The battle is to the death, incapacitation or KO. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed prep time.

-The battle takes place in Amity Park, giving Danny the home-court advantage.

-To level this playing field, Danny starts in his Ecto-Skeleton.

-Speed Is Equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Jenny: 0

Danny: 7 (Derpyrebound, Ahmed Sake Salman, LordGriffin1000, Poinciana1971, RapidMotorcycle19, Eficiente, Litentric Teon)

Inconclusive:

You need to eaualize their speed, otherwise Jenny blitzes hard.

Anyway, if speed is Equalized I'll say it's Inconclusive.

Jenny is 53.09 Kilotons

Danny is 24.50 Kilotons

So Jenny has the AP and Durability advantege. She can also see him if he goes Invisibile with her inferred vision but obviously she'd need to activate it so if he did it, it would likely catch her of gaurd if he acts quick enough.

Danny also can duplicate himself to get the Numbers advantage and can go Intangible, which will be a big help. His Possession however is useless given she's a robot but he won't no that until he tries but that could lead to him pulling out her internal parts once he realizes she isn't human.

Both have energy attacks but Danny also has his ability to unleash electrictiy which could help and his Ghostly Wail which would definitely cause her harm considering it could cause harm to beings much more powerful than Danny himself.

However Danny lacks stamina in his Ecto Suit because it takes a lot of power which would be really bad for him so he would half to not fool around (which he already knows not to while wearing the suit).

So I say Inconclusive (if speed is Equalized).

LordGriffin1000 said:
You need to eaualize their speed, otherwise Jenny blitzes hard.
Anyway, if speed is Equalized I'll say it's Inconclusive.
Right, sorry. I knew I needed to equalize speed, but I didn't for some reason. Speed is equalized now.

Intangibility and invisibility have been stated to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT abilities in many episodes. Invisibility is complete discoloration with black lines. Intangibility light blue outline with lighter blue for coloration. We see this in the intro as well when he is phasing through a brick wall (intangibility) and when he stuffs Dash in a locker (invisible). Tucker even said in Splitting Images the following when "Danny" (Poindexter in Danny's body) phased through the floor while Mr. Lancer, Jack, and Maddie were right there (preoccupied):

[Poindexter (in Danny's body) phases up intangibly through the floor behind Maddie. Tucker sees and gasps', then goes over to block Poindexter from view' as he turns tangible agai.]

Tucker: Uh, no ghost here, Mr. and Mrs. F.

Mr. Lancer: Only a girl trying to create a diversion for her own needs.

Sam: Right. Right. No ghosts here.

[The adults run off.]

Tucker: Watch it, Danny. Your parents almost caught your intangible act.

Also, definition time from an official dictionary:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/intangible

Intangible: Unable to be touched; not having physical presence.

'the moonlight made things seem intangible'

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/invisible

Invisible: Unable to be seen.

'this invisible gas is present to some extent in every home'

That means, his parents would have seen Danny as he came up and out of the floor. And there have also been other instances where others could see him and he would be intangible at that very moment. Sam even saw an intangible Danny messing with her in Fright Knight when he was poking her side from the other side of a wall.

So while Danny is intangible, Jenny does not need special vision to see him. She only needs it for when he is INVISIBLE. Granted, Danny has been shown using both powers at the same time.

Don't forget, Danny can go intangible and remain that way for 24+ hours (he did it in Reality Trip while keeping two other people and a giant jet intangible and invisible at the same time). And then he was fighting for an entire night in season one episode three, One of a Kind, thanks to Tucker tripping and releasing all the ghosts he caught.

Danny also ripped a huge plate of titanium plating from a space shuttle in Reality Trip. Titanium is cited as being durable enough to withstand reentry and debris that the shuttle may encounter. What metal is Jenny made out of? This will make a HUGE difference in terms of battle.

And then there is the Ghostly Wail. How will Jenny defend herself against that? Sure, it weakens Danny, but if we are going by Post Phantom Planet, Danny could use it without being severely drained and was able to maintain ghost form and had enough energy to help in making the Earth intangible.

Then there is the big issue Jenny will have... Danny's ability to possess others. This includes electronics (Teacher of the Year) and non-living objects like a suit of armor and a bed sheet (both from Fright Knight). Don't ask me why he possessed the bed sheet... It was a silly idea he had... As for electronics, he used possession to hack into his favorite video game and he stated that his powers were "the ultimate cheat code." Jenny will do what she did when she dealt with Misty as they have no prior knowledge and will think Danny's possession is like Misty's when it is not. That is shut her brain off, which will make her beyond stupid. But even then, Danny will still have a grasp on her body and pulverize it by doing the whole "why are you hitting yourself?" gag.

So here is my final verdict. Danny gets my vote. His powers are definitely something that Jenny has no defenses against.

EDIT: Looking back on this, I forgot the fact he had the Ecto-Suit. In all honesty, with the points I mentioned, he doesn't need it.

@Derpyrebound

Why did you bring up the fact that Invisibility and Intangibility are two different things?.

Nobody said they were and I know he can do them at the same time.

I however did forget that he could overshadowed technology and inanimate objects.

Edit: I'll also agree that the Ghostly Wail doesn't weaken him like before but remember that he had the help of a large number of ghosts to turn the earth intangible.

He did however use said power to make a jet intangible for hours.

I however will change my vote to Danny because I completely forget he could overshadow tech, which means his Possession does work.

So Danny should take this thanks to Duplication, Possession, Intangibility, Electrictiy, and Invisibility.

Jenny does have the AP, Durability and Stamina advantege but Danny has the Hax advantage.

Heh, he's never going to get that publicist at this rate! XD Getting rid of the stupidly funny nickname is the only battle he is losing in this thread.

I only brought out the dictionary since you said that Jenny could use her special eyes to see him go intangible in the context of it being invisibility. At the same time, it was not clear if you were making the same mistake fanfiction writers like making when it comes to intangibility being both intangibility and invisiblity and vice versa. It's a mistake I find irritating as it is everywhere as I am a big grammar nut.

@Derpyrebound

My bad. I thought I wrote Invisibility. I'll change it.

Should need at least 3 more votes before this debate is finished. As for days...er, well, it depends on how many people get interested in it.

Out of all of the matchups I've done on here, only two have been concluded so far...

Correction. Only one vote before this debate is finished.

And that's it! If anyone has some hidden information that can allow Jenny to win, now's the time to spill it. Otherwise, I'll request that this gets added. (Or do it myself. Either way...)

Thundereld said:
Vs debating battle wiki has more info on her and all the links for links for her abilities.
We know that. However, here, Jenny lacks defenses against the level of possession Danny has (only Misty's kind as Misty requires an active brain; Danny's does not need to meet that requirement as he possessed things like BLANKETS and A SUIT OF ARMOR, both which lack brains unless you have one freaky blanket... I don't even want to see it [Barfs at the idea of a blanket with a biological brain.]).

On top of that, Danny can keep himself, two others, and entire, massive jet intangible and invisible for almost an entire day. That means, Danny could remain only intangible for a long period of time and Jenny would not have a means of hitting him as he cannot be touched/hit/damaged while intangible unless another ghost from his universe comes in and counters it (two intangible ghosts always creates a mess in terms of understanding as they can either phase through each other or slam into each other; it's happened too many times for me to count). This does not mean that Danny cannot strike while intangible. He (or specific body parts) has/have interacted with things while (he was) intangible. One example is turning his hand intangible so he could pull stuff out of his locker in one episode. From the intro, Danny stuffing Dash into a locker then slamming the door on him. Fright Knight, Danny, on the other side of a wall, was intangible and poked Sam in her side to spook her after his little escapade in the Ghost Zone to retrieve the Soul Shredder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back