• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jasper vs Bismuth

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I don't know. This match just stuck out to me. Who should win here? Obviously, non-corrupted Jasper.

Round 1: Nothing on them at all.

Round 2: Jasper has the Gem De-stabilizer. Bismuth has the Breaking Point.

Bismuth by BB
HelmetJasperDP

Im guessing Bismuth doesnt have the Breaking Point in this fight?

Edit: Whoops, didnt see the change in the OP

Round 1: This is a really, REALLY close call, but im gonna give this one to Bismuth with EXTREMELY high difficulty. Her prior experience fighting Quartz soldiers will be an extremely vital part of her victory, as well as her versatility with her shapeshifting weapon hands. Jasper isnt going down without an extremely hard fight though, and her better mobility will cause a lot of problems, but Bismuth should take this in the end.

Round 2: Jasper should take this. Bismuth has never dealt with a Gem Destabilizer before, and even Garnet was poofed in her initial encounter, only beating Jasper after she knew what the destabilizer was capable of and knowing to destroy it asap, and only getting the chance to do so because she was captured instead of being shattered on the spot. Bismuth wont get these opportunities in this fight.

My votes are

Round 1 - I actually think Jasper wins here. We know how easily Pearl could deal with Quartzes, and even assuming that Garnet and Bismuth defeating a battalion of Quartzes by themselves is just an exaggeration, they still had no problem with them. And here's Jasper, who managed to severely damage Garnet by herself and only lost because she got thrown at ship's power source. The fight is a close one, but I think Jasper isn't something Bismuth was used to dealing during the war.

Round 2 - So, we are giving Jasper Gem-oneshotter, while Bismuth can only use one of her hands and doesn't know what destabilizer does? Seriously, giving Breaking Point to anyone is only going to make them weaker

Round 1 This is wayyyy to even to call. I'd either go inconclusive or with Jasper. Since I heard somewhere "Jasper poofed 1000 quartz soilders upon awakening" or something like that. But I can't recall. So I'm going with inconclusive since it's too close to call.

Round 2: Depends entirely upon who gets the first hit. I'd probably give it to Bismuth since she's been shown to be able to consistently keep up with garnet amethyst and pearl at once and was able to keep up with a diamond. But that's just my two cents. I don't recall entirely how the breaking point works. But Bismuth would most likely recognize that what Jasper was waving around was a weapon and attempt to disarm her. I'd give this to bismuth with Very high difficulty

Kople700 said:
"I don't recall entirely how the breaking point works."
It apparently can kill a gem instantly if it is aimed at their gem, and here at its functions:

- it basically functions like a piston/jackhammer, quickly snapping forward to break the gem of the opponent, then retracting very quickly(this is most likely the one shot function)

- can also be used as a fast punching attack

- possibly can break gem weapons easily(presumably stronger than them to avoid other gems from simply blocking it)

also we were never shown its true potential, but we have been shown it can at least break volcanic rock and gems, and can presumably break diamonds and any other gem(which can survive continental scale attacks)

also some drawbacks include:

-needing 5 seconds to rev-up the one-shot function(at least when we saw it used on the fake gem models, though top rev-up speed may be faster)

-becomes very hot after use

- only effective when target is directly in front of it

Back