• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason's Mental Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, a vs thread with Jason vs. a mind-haxxing character came up, and I realised I couldn't think of where his mind resistance feats came from, and looked around, only finding instances where he was mind maniped rather easily, namely by Freddy.

Can someone tell me where his resist feats to Mind Manip/Possession come from? Otherwise, it looks like he doesn't resist them, and is probably actually weak to them.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/uazST87.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FdtfaYO.jpg

Yeah I agree with it being removed. Nothing in the movies or comics supports it.

To be fair, it looked like Freddy literally stumbled upon Jason's fear of water in that movie as there's nothing to indicate he was going to use it beforehand...which actually is more embarrassing for Mr. Krueger than anything and he does possess the ability to hypnotize people into eating his heart so if he has some mind hax, he should be able to resist others on the same caliber.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, having a power doesn't automatically make you resistant to it.

Especially considering hypnosis doesn't really give him any conceivable way to resist mind manip, unlike advanced some forms of telepathy.

Freddy Krueger wasn't able to figure out his fear at the beginning of the fight so I'd assume that's where his Mind Hax Resistance comes from.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
Freddy Krueger wasn't able to figure out his fear at the beginning of the fight so I'd assume that's where his Mind Hax Resistance comes from.
Can you link me a scan/clip? Even then, being as generous as humanly possible that's resisting Fear Manipulation, not Mind Manip. I'll point to the scans above showing Freddy having absolutely no trouble opening him up like a book and mindhaxxing him.

You're also talking about the movie, where Freddy and Jason fought in the physical world, where Freddy has no such mind hax.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
https://youtu.be/W-B_K7fuQxc
They did indeed fight in the Dream World first before the Real world.
I don't see Freddy using mindhax on Jason anywhere in that video. He just ragdolls Jason for most of the fight until they chance upon a waterfall.

In the scans I provided, you can clearly see that he's mindhaxing Jason, and has no difficulty doing so.

How is a waterfall mind hax?

Again, being as generous as possible that's fear manipulation or just Freddy accidentally using his reality warping/dream manipulation effectively, and Jason shows no resistance to it.

But if he accidentally uses it, then that means that Jason had some resistance to it and Freddy was in Jason's head for a long time for the comic scans to happen.

I don't follow.

Jason is afraid of waterfalls, alright.

Freddy makes one by accident in the dreamworld, and finds Jason is afraid of it.

In my scans, Freddy uses the necronomicon, which has the explicit ability to possess/mind hax the undead and revenents, which Jason is a proud member of. It doesn't take him much more time than it takes for Freddy to joke around before he does it.

Am I missing something?

I don't think it's even Fear Manipulation. Fear Manipulaton would be something that makes someone automatically scared (barring resistances), conjuring something that makes people scared because of their fears is something else. Probably Perception Manipulation.

Isn't Freddy a nortious jobber/prone to messing around? It could just be him being stupid.

I think it should. Whenever Freddy tried to mess with Jason's mind he easily succeeded. The most he's ever done to my knowledge is mess with a amateur empath's emotion sense because he's really evil.

Okay. I suppose that you can probably remove the resistances then.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back