• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees Vs ... a Magikarp

Status
Not open for further replies.
imaginym, since when does a regular magikarp learn that? btw, we dont know if we use event pokemons in this fight, likely not since those are rare

BattleReviews said:
imaginym, since when does a regular magikarp learn that? btw, we dont know if we use event pokemons in this fight, likely not since those are rare
Meh, it's likely gonna be inconclusive anyway so just let him bask in the fruits of his research.

I can't tell if you're serious or not...

Magikarp can beat pikachu. Pikachu can annoy arceus. Therefore, Magikarp and everyone who scales (including james and everyone who scales to james) is 2-B. Everything else is just PIS obv ovo

TheNeolancer said:
Magikarp: 1
Inconclusive: 6
I didn't vote for Magikarp. It's better to say that we need more info for me to vote. The basis of Magikarp having a chance to win depends on a few things: "Do we allow TCG-only moves?", "How do we treat Flail's power increasing?", "Can it apply with Stamina Loss alone?", & "What is a defined value for Jason's durability?".

The last one is important. Magikarp's AP is 0.5 KG of TNT.

But we don't actually know how high on Wall Level Jason's durability is.

Magikarp & Jason both have Wall Level AP, & the strongest Wall Level character would be 8194 times stronger than the weakest Wall Level character.

Not only that, but our page on Regenerationn says: Low-Mid: Able to regenerate limbs/fatal wounds. Still die from decapitation. In machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

Jason himself is an example of that level of Regenerationn. I don't know his franchise that well, but what proof is there that if his unknown value Wall Level Durability was hundreds of times weaker than Magikarp's 0.5KG AP that Jason WOULDN'T lose if he somehow got his head blown apart by a Tackle?

Yes, he has High-Mid Regenerationn as well ( High-Mid: Able to regenerate from being blown into pieces. ) but that's over time, & if he ends up in a state where he can't harm others for a day, or "unconscious" for an hour, he loses.

As for the moves.... While you could argue that the Event Moves aren't things learned by Ordinary Magikarp, I find it dubious that the Magikarp in the TCG aren't ordinary Magikarp.

The titles of the sets/expansions they're from aren't much of a basis, IMHO, much less vague ones like "Mysterious Treasures" (Especially when the original name of that set was Secret of the Lakes, in reference to the Lake Trio from Gen 4.), & not much about the card's name or art says it isn't ordinary. It's not some Rocket Experiment Pokemon or something.

They don't appear to be trainer-owned, since they're in what appears to be a seemingly natural environment, so the moves aren't products of trainer intervention, like with the Event Pokemon either, which have Original Trainers, at least, arguably.

But yeah. My vote isn't "Magikarp wins". My stance is we can't know who'd win without a defined value for Jason's Wall Level durability.

On Magikarp's page, it's stated that Magikarp can't live outside of water forever. Jason's stamina is limitless, so sometime he'd eventually be able to wear Magikarp down. Could he possibly just wait until that moment to grab magikarp and either take it out of the water or (if leaving the water is not possible) hold Magikarp above it until it suffocates due to lack of water?

Magikarp technically does have Wall Level AP. If it can stun him by flailing or Tackling while in his grip -& it's liable to be slippery fresh out of the water & in its element in the lake- or damage him enough to push his grip away or the like, it might be able to break free, & considering Magikarp are known for their jumping. Also, I wonder if Magikarp's pushing feats from Magikarp Jump got calc'd. Although I doubt it can match Jason's Lifting Strength for flipping a car.

Angeltripper said:
On Magikarp's page, it's stated that Magikarp can't live outside of water forever. Jason's stamina is limitless, so sometime he'd eventually be able to wear Magikarp down. Could he possibly just wait until that moment to grab magikarp and either take it out of the water or (if leaving the water is not possible) hold Magikarp above it until it suffocates due to lack of water?
Also seen in gen4 when the bomb destroys lake valor. Many magikarp are still alive and stay alive flopping out of water

Also seen in gen4 when the bomb destroys lake valor. Many magikarp are still alive and stay alive flopping out of water
By that logic you could literally just stand in lake valor forever, since those are sprites that don't change until you complete the quest that returns water back into valor. I'm sure a magikarp could last longer out of water than a regular fish, but it still needs water or it will eventually die.

About the Fish on Land scenario, there's still two things wrong with it:

A.) I was imagining the battle field to be a 4.5ft deep ocean w/ no land in sight.

B.) Even with land nearby, it'll be impossible get it involluntally on land.

-For ***** and giggles, I left speed unequalized

-It's super hard to hold onto a wet fish with you're bare arms, especially one that has a higher ap than you.

Canon composite Jason and elder Magikarp both have wall level AP. And jason is at least 6 feet, so holding Magikarp up is a possibility. Fair enough on the wet fish point though. I don't know how much grip an undead has, so I can't say Jason could grip it better than a normal human.

Never mind. It's a WILD Magikarp.
Unless Magikarp suddenly got its own Z-Crystal I've never heard of before, then you mean Z-Splash, I'd assume. And Magikarp is FAR from the only Pokemon that can use Z-Splash. You just need the move & a Normalium-Z. http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/moves/splash/

Oh. By the way, wasn't there an event where Magikarp had Hydro Pump?

Royalty1702 said:
Never mind. It's a WILD Magikarp.
Unless Magikarp suddenly got its own Z-Crystal I've never heard of before, then you mean Z-Splash, I'd assume. And Magikarp is FAR from the only Pokemon that can use Z-Splash. You just need the move & a Normalium-Z. http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/moves/splash/ Oh. By the way, wasn't there an event where Magikarp had Hydro Pump?

since thats water, it could be some undeads weakness, but i dunno, is a very strong move and keeping jason distance, maybe if not crashing him into something

Janemba901 said:
Well.......... they could become best buds and go to the pub :)
It's actually pretty funny to imagine a undead serial killer and a giant orange fish drinking beer together.

Janemba901 said:
Royalty1702 said:
Well, I vote Magikarp because he can just spam Bounce.
I'm pretty sure bounce can't get past Jason's regen
How fast DOES Jason regenerate? Does he have any feats showing how fast he heals?

Also, we STILL don't know his durability, so for all we know, Magikarp is 10s to 100s of times stronger than Jason's dura. It's wall level, yes, but wall level is STILL a huge range.

Imaginym said:
Janemba901 said:
Royalty1702 said:
Well, I vote Magikarp because he can just spam Bounce.
I'm pretty sure bounce can't get past Jason's rege
How fast DOES Jason regenerate? Does he have any feats showing how fast he heals?
Also, we STILL don't know his durability, so for all we know, Magikarp is 10s to 100s of times stronger than Jason's dura. It's wall level, yes, but wall level is STILL a huge range.
Well he was able to regenerate his eyes in Freddy vs Jason (As seen here https://youtu.be/Yu0xpn5YeOM?t=10m39s and here his eyes are suddenly back if you look close enough https://youtu.be/Yu0xpn5YeOM ) however an it's unspecified amount of time but it's most likely along the lines of 20 seconds or a minute(Can't really tell since the movie focused on other stuff while his eyes we're regenerating however his hand seemed to regenerate slower and does Jason X count? If so there is this: https://youtu.be/YEHbl1gwuZ8?t=1m11s but I haven't seen the full movie so I have no clue when they started escaping out of the place but it was likely 3 minutes if not a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back