• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku vs neon rematch

If he's restricted to just 5% then Neon freezes him, ice dust consistently can't be broken by people as strong as Deku without intense heat or an ap amp that makes them high 8-C

Yang broke Neon's ice dust by stomping the ground and punching a wall, no amp or heat required.

Aura doesn't last forever, the regen from it is negligible at best, and Neon burned through half of her stock in the fight with Yang without even taking damage. If Deku hits her she's going to run out and start losing bad.

Deku also has a large intelligence advantage, and his ability to analyze and counter fighting styles, as well as his more aerial focused mobility, will lead to him beating Neon quite handily.

Ionliosite said:
Neon via Aura and regen basically negating the above comnent.
I said arguably dude and it still doesn't negate the fact that he's almost as strong as Ruby and is smarter than Neon as well as not being as easy to bait or anger as Yang was

@King Yang broke out of her ice using her semblance yes

Neon was spamming her semblance, that's why

Yang did not break out of Neon's ice using her semblance. She just stomped the ground and punched a wall. No fire, no red eyes, no explosions. Just hitting her limb hard against something. Neon's ice is just not very durable in comparison to other ice dust. Probably because it's being applied in a single hit by small weapons, and is more for slight incapacitation instead of outright freezing like Ruby or Weiss.

Ice dust is consistently unbreakable by RWBY 8-C+s, the Nevermore couldnt break it, Roman couldnt break it, Nadir couldnt break it, even the Atlesian Paladin couldnt break it

Kingofwolves999 said:
No, she didn't. She just stomped and punched a wall. No red eyes or fire or anything.
Neither of those are a requirement to show she's using her semblance, especialyl given how her semblance is canonically stated to work

Also why wouldn't dust have varying durability in larger quantities? Neon uses a very small amount of dust in a small weapon, other characters like Ruby shoot dust that explodes into giant ice structures. I think it's easy to say more dust = bigger effect, and Neon just doesn't use a ton of dust in her nunchucks.

Name a point in time where Yang has used her semblance without red eyes or fire. Yang's Semblance, ESPECALLY in v1-3, is very easy to spot, because she only uses it when she's getting beat up and is low on aura. Your insistence that she's using it without a single tell in this moment, but later in the fight makes a very clear showing of activating her semblance, seems misplaced.

Every example you gave for people not breaking out of ice dust was when those characters were dealing with MUCH larger quantities than Neon uses. She uses her ice dust to annoy and handicap not incapacitate. The Nevermore's tail was trapped in a huge ice formation from Weiss, Torchiwick had his cane stuck in a blake sized block of ice, Nadir had his entire lower half frozen, and the Paladin took like 4 shots of ice dust shots from Ruby that were enhanced by Weiss's glyphs.

Neon uses less dust than the aforementioned examples, so it's easier to break out of.

Because it doesnt? Weiss was able to create small ice restraints that 8-C+s cant break out of

>because she only uses it when she's getting beat up and is low on aura

No that's volume 4 onward. Volume 1-3 Yang spams her semblance constantly, something that her father chastised her for regularly during her training.

I suggest making a CRT regarding this because we currently accept all ice Dust as being equal in durability

Just a remindeder deku won the last time

Only thing that changed is 5% now being stronger

V1-3 Yang was chastised because she used her Semblance like a temper tantrum that would carry her through fights by taking hits and dealing them back near the end regardless of the consequences, not because she could spam it with no provocation or sign of using it whenever she wanted to. Yang has never once used her semblance without some indication, whether that be fire or red eyes or glowing hair. Why do you think it's called burn in the first place? There is a clear visible effect when Yang uses her semblance every single time. You're attempting to create a scenario where Yang can use it without this effect with no evidence to support you.

What small ice restraints has Weiss used to hold down 8-c+s, and why do they matter when she uses a higher quantity of Dust than Neon by default?

Where was this accepted? I've looked all around and I don't see anywhere that ice dust has the exact same durability regardless of quantity or size. This is the first I've ever heard of this. Can you link me to the thread?

Yang took multiple hits before she shattered the Ice Dust, hence why her semblance was active

Because the quantity of Dust she used was less than what Neon used

It was accepted quite some time ago, its why Weiss is High 8-C with Dust

Like i said, if you disagree with this, please make a CRT. Im not going to argue things that were already accepted and have been on the profiles for a very long time in this thread.

And the comment immediately after it gave a counter to it

Plus Deku doesnt have an Ap or durability advantage

To summarize a bit:

AP/Striking Strength: Basically equal, they both backscale from High 8-C

Speed: Equalized as per the OP, Neon gains the advantage with her Semblance

Lifting Strength: Neon (Class K vs Deku's Class 5)

Durability: Neon (Her durability goes up to 4x her AP due to her Aura and her Ice is unbreakable by people on her AP level)

Stamina: Deku

Range: Basically equal, Neon has a very slight advantage with her Nunchucks

Intelligence: Relatively equal

I said he wins because he out thinks and outlasts Neon quite easily. Idk why that's being ignored right now. The only point of contention right now is whether Deku can break Neon's ice dust, and that's being CRT'd. Your point that she has aura and regen was countered by me a couple posts down from it, so your vote shouldn't count either then @Ionliosite.

Back