• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's Been Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we provide some kind of warning advice to our members (at the top of our versus forum?) to not overfocus on fighting discussions, as they easily encourage hostility and negativity and drain the joy out of the stories themselves? We mainly focus on the statistics themselves, and have plenty of relaxed for fun threads about the stories themselves as well, for example.
Some people like to debate in VS Threads to, Ant. That's not the point of this goodbye thread.

Yes, but I was thinking that we would avoid similar burnouts in the future if people are warned to keep their focuses on fighting discussions under control in limited quantities.

Anyway, sorry about derailing. We can take it up in our staff forum later.

Should we provide some kind of warning advice to our members (at the top of our versus forum?) to not overfocus on fighting discussions, as they easily encourage hostility and negativity and drain the joy out of the stories themselves? We mainly focus on character statistics, and have plenty of relaxed for fun threads about the stories themselves as well, for example.
Seems like a good idea to me

I had similar issues, but for the exact opposite reasons. While powerscaling does bring a sense of pride to me if done right, it does feel like I'm being ghosted as of late when I try to get new verses into the wiki (I mean Okaa-san Online, Debby the Corsifa is Emulous, frickin' SPEED BUGGY). Which is funny because before the forced forum move, it was easy for me to get the wiki into almost anything. Like, I simply put Maple from the light novel series BOFURI into the wiki and quickly people were invested in the series, primarily because I think she is one of the tankiest characters to be posted on the wiki as a whole, but y'know. It just gets to a point where I get tired of bumping calcs even. Maybe it is better to just sit back and enjoy what I get into.

Should we provide some kind of warning advice to our members (at the top of our versus forum?) to not overfocus on fighting discussions, as they easily encourage hostility and negativity and drain the joy out of the stories themselves? We mainly focus on character statistics, and have plenty of relaxed for fun threads about the stories themselves as well, for example.
Sounds fine by me. An announcement/reminder would be a good place to start, but it'll take more than that that's for sure.

Well, I would appreciate if people who think they have a good draft for a very concise/to the point warning text to be added to our versus forum description would send me a PM about it.

I haven't spoken to you much, if at all, but from what I've seen from you - you seemed like a pretty chill guy.
Really sucks for you to go so soon (from my point of view), but I understand where you're coming from, and I wish you luck on your future endeavours.

Laters, man.
D6C6FF701814049E0DDB56A8F30E2C5FB9819CE2

It’s a shame you had to leave this way, but I entirely understand. I know exactly what you’ve been through, the frustrations you’ve dealt with, and the amazing things you were capable of accomplishing while under these pressures. Believe me, it’s definitely hard being the leader and header of a verse, and you took on the role of a leader for several verses. Everyone came to you for guidance because you proved you could lead the revisions that cane with the series that you focused on. That alone is proof of just how amazing you were as a staff member. So no longer having you here will certainly be a loss for us all. But everyone has to hand up the coat some day. I am glad I was able to meet you and become friends with you via VSBW and thank you for everything you’ve done. You’ve helped me out more times than I can count and for that, I will always be grateful.

See you King and good luck on whatever you do next

So I'm done. Resigning, quitting, whatever, everything. I'm done powerscaling altogether. Also resigning from my staff position.
jojo-bizarre-adventure-i-refuse.gif

I can't believe you're leaving before seeing my Bijū thread ya goon 🗿

No, but in all seriousness, this genuinely sucks.
I think I speak to everyone else here when I say that the wiki will NOT be the same without you. You're definitely one of the best mods we've ever had, and it's definitely a massive blow to the site. 100%.

At the same time, I totally get where you're coming from with this. I'm also getting to the point where I'm becoming seriously disillusioned with the VS debating community and VS debating in general. Of course, real life issues and stress can also contribute. I feel like the only thing keeping me going at this point is my feelings of obligation towards fixing certain verses and my love for indexing, rather than pure enjoyment, which I suppose isn't the most healthy thing for a hobby, but it certainly has its highs I suppose.
The point is that it can be stressful, tedious, and even rage-inducing, so I completely understand and respect your decision.
I also hope I was never one of the people who contributed to your growing disdain for power-scaling and VS debating. I know we've started off our interactions with a bit of a rivalry, and have since butted head numerous times on many topics, but it was always in good fun. I'm proud and delighted to say you've become one of my best friends on and off the forum since then. I'm not ashamed to say that you've directly caused me to change my perspective on many topics, and I hope I've done the same for you.

I hope this decision increases your happiness and improves your mental health. At the same time, I'm definitely holding out hope to see you back as soon as possible, in your own time of course.

Until then, it's been real K "SupremeMRK" T. Love ya mate.

"No King rules forever."

I'm gonna miss you bro, but I understand that going too deep in vs debating can affect a person's mental health, so this is likely for the best. Take care King, and I hope you can eventually rid yourself from all the stress caused by this community.

Now scram before the waterworks kick in.

See you man.

I agree that the existence of Vs Debating has ruined a lot of series given that it's something far too many people myself included seem to get too obsessive over. I am still far away from losing interest altogether, but I will admit it's not as fun as it was in 2017 and early 2018.

Anyway, I have always thought of you as one of the coolest fellow staff here and a good friend and it is a shame to see you go. And I was looking forward to some other revisions planned, but don't blame you for leaving. I do hope life goes well for you and take care.

ea193c08875fedd14918fb16163a8c3e.png

Last edited:
I've reached that point before but I generally don't throw myself at it like I use to but I understand what your saying. I use to go for the upgrades but then thought, "let me actually look at this from multiple perspectives."

Anywho, take care, you a real one.

giphy.gif

Thank you for everything 🙏 keep getting happier and stronger

also try to do whatever you like, hopefully you'll feel better with everything. be like a monkey🐵

you are the only one here I truly had fun being around and the only one here I could depend on kinda

Any help... Well not any any but kinda any help, you can ask me for anything 🐵👍
monkey-miss.gif

Last edited:
Again, all people here who feel like the versus debating is making them lose their appreciation of different otherwise enjoyable stories or this community as a whole, please just completely stop engaging in those particular discussions both here and elsewhere to detoxify your minds from it.

Fighting threads are not even remotely what this site is mainly supposed to be about anyway. Rather, we try to accurately analyse character statistics and to provide reliable information to the public at large, and we also have lots of non-fighting-oriented entertainment discussions in our General and Fun and Games forums. Take part in that to discuss the developments and characters that you enjoyed in your favourite stories instead.

This is still mostly a great community, but with all of the bad developments happening in the world, I do not think that it is mentally healthy to turn even the entertainment-focused parts of our minds into eternal battlefields. It may sound corny, but focus on the love you feel towards your favourite stories and anything and anybody else in this world instead of tiresome fictional warfare, along with trying to make ourselves useful by providing a reliable service to our over 1 million monthly visitors.

The above approach seems much more constructive to me at least, to generate a positive upward mental flow of energy instead of a destructive downward flow and mental implosion. If that is much of what we focus on here, it is no wonder that this community eventually turns more toxic and hostile.

Meaning, content revisions and entertainment discussions here are perfectly fine, but versus threads can be mentally unhealthy in the long run.

Last edited:
CRT’s can also be quite unhealthy… it’s the negative debating part that does it for me personally, and via what king has been complaining about it’s like that for him too and have seen others as well but there’s not much you can do to completely get rid of that toxicity kinda but 🤷‍♂️

Look, haven't been on the wiki for long, but to be honest, powerscaling was a bad idea, and I bet the people/person who came up with that idea, are currently lamenting (I wonder what happened to their life )
but, even with powerscaling, I still enjoy many series, video games and other things.
I hope you do well and you achieve your dream, that you do well, king tempest
the piece of everyone is all right(is in spanish,but still is good)

Have I felt the exact same emotions as you described in the OP?

Yes, many times.

Whatever you have described is mostly true. There is bias. On both sides. Changes you made will eventually get changed. People will sometimes praise you. And the same people will sometimes hate you too. They will ask for help, and they will also talk behind your back.

I've always personally felt that if you are going through these things, then you are doing your job right. Because the only way you can make everyone happy here is if you do it wrong. This is a site where people have different opinions about virtually everything, it's impossible to please everyone. You can't stop people from hating you because you had a different opinion, but you can feel good about not being a people pleaser, standing your ground, and doing what's right. Being in a position of responsibility is not easy here. And the greater the responsibility, the more you have to deal with these sort of things, and the more you learn, to the point where these things stop bothering you. At the end of the day you realize that there is no 100% agreement on anything and that's how it is, you just learn to deal with it.

From personal experience, taking a short break, to detoxify yourself, works wonders in these situations.

Last edited:
Have I felt the exact same emotions as you described in the OP?

Yes, many times.

Whatever you have described is mostly true. There is bias. On both sides. Changes you made will eventually get changed. People will sometimes praise you. And the same people will sometimes hate you too. They will ask for help, and they will also talk behind your back.

I've always personally felt that if you are going through these things, then you are doing your job right. Because the only way you can make everyone happy here is if you do it wrong. This is a site where people have different opinions about virtually everything, it's impossible to please everyone. You can't stop people from hating you because you had a different opinion, but you can feel good about not being a people pleaser, standing your ground, and doing what's right. Being in a position of responsibility is not easy here. And the greater the responsibility, the more you have to deal with these sort of things, and the more you learn, to the point where these things stop bothering you. At the end of the day you realize that there is no 100% agreement on anything and that's how it is, you just learn to deal with it.

From personal experience, taking a short break, to detoxify yourself, works wonders in these situations.
And that's why you shouldn't become a mod kids

Nah.. being a mod just amps the amount of members you interact with, you still will get the same thing without being a mod kinda but 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back