• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Italian vampire vs Italian jerkster

Low 2-C Dio vs 2-B Dimentio

Speed equalized

Wp content uploads JEOH OverHeavenDIO SS01 14640842191-1
Unbelievable... Never for a moment did I think you'd be able to intervene in my reality...But from its very nature, there can only be one reality... And the realty that I, Dio, create, is more than enough!

Super Dimentio
Now the Chaos Heart is mine! I will use it to destroy all worlds... and create perfect new ones! So, shall we get started? Now I have all I need... to become the king of all worlds!

Dario: 1 (Chariot190)

Luigi: 1 (DatOneWeeb)

Inconclusive:

What can DIO do against mindhax? If he can handle that, then he probably wins since Super Dimentio dosn't use much hax beyond that and just goes for physical attacks. If he can't, then he loses.

Pretty sure Dimentio has invulnerability to everything below 2-B.

Weren't the Chaos Hearts explicitly said to make him invincible to every known thing in the Mario cosmology? Pretty sure he was by all definitions of the word invincible to anything they could have throw at him, of course that doesn't include every power, just what exists in Mario.

Yes, because he was. Nothing in existence could harm him, they needed the Pure Hearts to negate the invulnerability, otherwise nothing was gonna be able to defeat him, it'd be ineffective, doesnt include every power but i should include powers that exist within the Mario, or at least Paper Mario verse. A 2-B power null was needed to do anything to him, otherwise he had the full protection of the chaos heart.

Edit: And if I recall Bleck, Tipi and several characters said as much too, maybe even the Dark Prog but I forget on that one, it's been a few years since I played it though.

The only things the Mario cast used, being the Mario cast, was physical attacks. It's NLF to assume he's immune to every hax in the marioverse.

"The 'Holy Power' of the 'Corpse' is fighting the infection!! If we get the 'next corpse part' on that rocky hill! Then we can negate my infection too!!"

So how is this resistance to mind control? All I see is resisting a disease. Unless the infection controls your mind? I need context, because this isn't a real resistance. Otherwise Dimentio snaps and mind controls. He can also just one-shot via void manipulation, make a ton of duplicates to attack, and other things. What are Dio's wincons?

Does it matter? Having 2-A range means Dio has an unlimited amount of choices where to put Dimentio at, it doesn't matter since the dimension in which they were originally starting at will always be there, along with Dimentio capable of creating Dimension D wherever he pleases.

> Unless the infection controls your mind?

Yes, those infected by Scary Monsters will obey every command the user gives once it takes effect, becoming mindless slaves to Diego basically (also dinosaurs too). Plus the corpse in EOH outright cancels out Dio's mindhax and corruption on others by just holding a piece toward them. Mind hax resistance is legit.

>it doesn't matter since the dimension in which they were originally starting at will always be there,

While true, if Dio puts Dimentio an infinite amount of universes away, we can't assume he could teleport back like that. And Dio can teleport to and from any dimension in his multiverse, including created ones like Dimension D, so that's a non-issue.

Hang on. Can the corpse reverse the infection when they are fully infected or only during? Because it seens like during they still have control of themselves. Otherwise this just seems like a limited resistance. Also, has the affection shown to affect two or more people at the same time with one attack? Otherwise Dimentio negs their resistance.

Dio teleporting to Dimentio in Dimension D is more of a good thing for Dimentio since he can just one-shot him there or trap him in a forcefield and blow him up in there. I mean Dimentio can create his own universes after all. He can also just straight up nuke his own universe where Dio is in and just end him there as he scales to Bleck who scales above his Dark Prognosticus self, in which he destroyed his universe.

Yes, it can and has completely reversed the infection after Gyro and both Johnny were completely turned and infected. Gyro ends up becoming completely infected later in the chapter and ends up working the enemy, but he lucks out and the Corpse Guardian deems him worthy, gives him the corpse eye and completely fixes him back to normal almost in like a second or two. You also ignored the part where the holy corpse can instantly negate Dio's mindhax, which can control a **** ton of characters at once.

You somehow misunderstood the point. Why would Dio teleport Dimentio to Dimension D? He'd just throw his ass across the multiverse if need be, don't know why you're assuming it'd be Dimention D he'd be teleported into, especially given they start off in Central Park and Dimentio kinda stopped using Dimension D because the benefits that it gives is void as the boost the enemy too. Trapping Dio in a forcefield ain't gonna work when the dude can teleport (across the multiverse and time, he can time travel). Dio can create his own dimensions as well, I'd argue his dimensions are larger than Dimension D as well given we can see countless stars, cosmic dust and nebulae within it, not really a good point.

Why would nuking the universe help when Dio can just teleport to a different one? Dio has Multiversal+ teleport, also time stop, that can stop those with resistance to time stop.

All your points are things Dio can easily and even in some cases, has dealt with.

Edit: Also Dio could just overwrite the forcefields, that's well within his ability given Dio has power null and negation. Forcefield traps won't work for multiple reason, unlike Mario and co who had no counter and got sent to hell.

Okay, so mind control is a no.

That want the point. The point was Dimension D can be created/summoned whenever Dimentio useless, making his BFR not so good in this situation. No reason why Dimentio wouldn't use it, the power increase is irrelevant because this is something he's not only aware of, but he's used it after his first boss battle. The forcefield isn't the main plus for him, it's the explosions that will happen. Why does the size of the dimensions matter? It doesn't change the fight, but it doesn't matter since Dimentio is already capable of recreating universes. This whole range thing just seems kinda wonky to me, if you're capable of traveling to different dimenions freely at anytime, why would the amount of it be relevant?

Because this is assuming he knows this, this won't be an attack that takes a bit, no, Dimentio can straight up just nuke it instantly. We'd have to assume Dio's first thing in mind is that this attack will destroy the universe and that he will teleport immediately. Due to Dimemtio's range and Dio's lack of prior knowledge, I doubt this. Also, Dimentio already has resistance to time stop since he can move inside the Void, in which time doesn't exist there. Iirc, the Stop Watch doesn't affect him. In which that same Stop Watch can already characters who do resist time stop. His own time manipulation was capable of affecting the four heroes who also have resistance.

Can his power null work on 2-B beings? Because you know, it took 2-B power nullification to even remove his passive forcefields and invulnerability.

His power null works on a 2-A scale, so he should be able to null a 2-B ranged attack, Giorno stalemated a 2-B cuz of hax too, and HA Dio stomped him in his weakest key

On a 2-A scale? As in, it works against beings who are 2-A or just range? Because if it's range, then that doesn't matter here. Also, I can't find ny 2-B characters in the Jojo page, is it even on Dimentio's level?

...?

Using "A incons B, B beated C, thus A beats C" doesn't work. These are completely seperate characters from different verses. The only reason Goku won was via ap and resistances. This isn't the case here. Don't use other vs threads as evidence. Answer my question above, with evidence provided if the answer is yes.

So you ignore the fact that GER nulled Xeno Goku despite is a 2-B?

What stops Dio from doing that too, with a 2-B even weaker than X Goku?

So you ignore that unlike Goku, Dimentio need a multiversal item to power null him? Hell, GER didn't even win incon Power Null, it was with RoZ, which doesn't even sound like power nullification. Using other threads as evidence is faulty. Show legitimate scans.

>That want the point. The point was Dimension D can be created/summoned whenever Dimentio useless, making his BFR not so good in this situation.

Ok so Dimentio summons Dimension D and...? Are you insinuating that if Dimentio gets BFR'd he'd summon Dimension D then use that to get back to the main battle field? Because that isn't how it works. He gets BFR'd, Dimentio summons Dimension D and now he's in Dimension D across the multiverse and nothing has actually changed except he changed his location but hasn't made any progess in coming back, because summoning or creating his dimension an infinite amount of universes away isn't going to get him any closer to the universe Dio is.

>No reason why Dimentio wouldn't use it, the power increase is irrelevant because this is something he's not only aware of, but he's used it after his first boss battle. The forcefield isn't the main plus for him, it's the explosions that will happen.

How about because it wouldn't help him in any perceivable way? Yes, used in such a way that wouldn't matter here. Which is completely useless because Dio wouldn't be trapped inside the forcefieled so the explosions wouldn't hit him, that was kinda the point. Dimentio traps Dio in a forcefield, he then attempts to fill it up with explosions, but Dio has already overwrote the forcefield and got out or simply teleported out making the follow up explosions completely useless.

>Why does the size of the dimensions matter? It doesn't change the fight, but it doesn't matter since Dimentio is already capable of recreating universes. This whole range thing just seems kinda wonky to me, if you're capable of traveling to different dimenions freely at anytime, why would the amount of it be relevant?

Because Dimentio's range is infinitely less than how ar Dio can BFR? If you can teleport across the planet but someone BFR's your ass to the end of the galaxy, you're gonna have a hard time teleporting back. Now imagine that but times infinity. Because you were talking about Dimension D, which isn't universe sized, Chaos Heart Dimentio can create universes yeah but, again, this doesn't actually help him in anyway.

>Because this is assuming he knows this, this won't be an attack that takes a bit, no, Dimentio can straight up just nuke it instantly. We'd have to assume Dio's first thing in mind is that this attack will destroy the universe and that he will teleport immediately.

It ain't instant though? It's never shown to be completely instant, at the very least there's a pretty blatant cue to when it happens. Also time stop, Dio has it, he can just stop time and teleport out. Time stop gives Dio leeway in this as Dimentio (somehow) has zero resistance. And if Dio decides to teleport away, Dimentio is never reaching him again, yet Dio still has a few key abilities that work at that distance.

>Due to Dimemtio's range and Dio's lack of prior knowledge, I doubt this. Also, Dimentio already has resistance to time stop since he can move inside the Void, in which time doesn't exist there. Iirc, the Stop Watch doesn't affect him.

You say due to Dimentio's range yet Dio has infinitely better range? Seems like a moot point to me. Void feats don't count toward anything now fyi, there was a huge revision, they mean nothing on their own. And again, you missed the part where HA Dio's time stop can time stop those that resist time stop. Even if Dimentio had a resistance, he'd either need a complete immunity, which he doesn't, or a double resistance.

>In which that same Stop Watch can already characters who do resist time stop. His own time manipulation was capable of affecting the four heroes who also have resistance.

Literally nobody in paper Mario canon that is effected by the stop watch resists time stop. Bowser does, but only with the Star Rod. The stop watch effecting him doesn't mean it negates resistances because itonly ever effected Bowser when he didn't have his resistance. His time manipulation is just time slow, not stop. Also a moot point again, because

>Can his power null work on 2-B beings? Because you know, it took 2-B power nullification to even remove his passive forcefields and invulnerability.

Literally the only point you've made that's worth a damn no offense, I agree with you on that front, I think most pf Dio's powers are nulled here, but at the same time, BFR is still a wincondition, or maybe soul steal. Of which neither actually need to bypass said forcefields or invincibility to do their thing so I'm on the fence on the winner. Although I should remind you, this is still in character, a lot of the things you've brought up are out of character for Super Dimentio, at least in Dio's case, BFR and soul steal is something he's used quite a few times, especuially when the situation called for it.

Fyi, several things aint listed on his profile, like the time stop resistance, and if it's legit (it probably is, I dont doubt it but still aint listed), it'd still have to be a double resistance, in which the only way I can think of how'd reach that conclusion is null because Bowser lost the Star Rod.

Back