• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi's sword upgrade

There's literally no evidence of this.
I have to say that Deagonx is correct.

We can't just conjecture our way into it having Limited Durability Negation, we have to have some degree of evidence, not just logically sound guesses.
They never said "everything they said is wrong"

They're saying that the durability negation part of attacking the soul directly is wrong

His points were easy to read, plus ik him offsite so I've been hearing only 1 side for a while.

Totsuka Blade is a spiritual blade.
They know that.
They're not disagreeing with that.

But the Totsuka blade doesn't act like a durability negating blade.

It doesn't phase through opponents, it physically harms them, and blood can rest on the blade.

The databook is honestly flat out wrong at that point saying it has no physical form when it can physically interact with others, can have regular blood interact with it, and is also called liquid by the databook as well.

Now, that "cut down any enemy" argument is such bs.

Kinshiki has dura neg for being able to obliterate all things?
What about Temari who can "eliminate any enemy that stands in her way"?
Same for Madara cutting down all things?
Or nobody inverse standing a chance to Sasuke's speed?
Maybe Kakashi's Raikiri being able to cut through anything?

That argument is just trying to quantify hyperbole. It shouldn't count.

On top of that, can yall chill tf out?
Bruh you are ignoring Totsuka’s feats with Nagato.

Is the page your mentioning the one I linked? I likely got the raw somewhere maybe.
I meant in general. Sometimes when Japanese write "soul", it can also be "mind". Whoever made the translation you showed likely went with the "mind" interpretation, as "consciousness".

That's why the raw would be better.

That he stabbed him and sealed him?

Same exact thing as Orochimaru.

Only thing different is that edos don't have blood drawn from opposing attacks, so we can't really see how it would interact if he was flesh and blood.
That’s my point we can’t disregard a blatant “it’s a spiritual blade “ statement made multiple times cause it has blood on it which might have also been affected by the Totsuka sealing ability.

There is nothing that shows it says otherwise though , no evidence.
the damn blood
cause it has blood on it which might have also been affected by the Totsuka sealing ability.
headcanon

the totsuka blade turns things it seals into spiritual matter, which is why the physical snakes absorbed into it transformed into spiritual matter

it would've turned orange and merged with the blade, which it didn't even start to do yet

don't ignore the antifeats and uplift the supports and say that it's "clear cut" and "no evidence otherwise"

that goes for everyone in here for both sides

the damn blood

headcanon

the totsuka blade turns things it seals into spiritual matter, which is why the physical snakes absorbed into it transformed into spiritual matter

it would've turned orange and merged with the blade, which it didn't even start to do yet

don't ignore the antifeats and uplift the supports and say that it's "clear cut" and "no evidence otherwise"

that goes for everyone in here for both sides
Bruh like I said there is nothing in that panel that says it couldn't have also Absorbed the '' damn blood".

It's like me saying cause I cut you with a conceptual blade and the only thing noticeable from my perspective was " Physical damage", it didn't affect you on a conceptual level.

There are no anti-feats from what I have seen rereading it, It even supports it by saying it can seal anything( possibly blood included).

Am not trying to just side the OP , its logical and something that can be easily deduced from OP , Unless there is appropriate evidence to disprove it.

Bruh like I said there is nothing in that panel that says it couldn't have also Absorbed the '' damn blood".

It's like me saying cause I cut you with a conceptual blade and the only thing noticeable was " Physical damage" it didn't affect you on a conceptual level.

There are no anti-feats from what I have seen rereading it, It even supports it by saying it can seal anything( possibly blood included).

Am not trying to just side the OP , its logical and something that can be easily deduced from that , Unless there is appropriate evidence to show Otherwise.
Nobody said it didn't absorb the blood.

I said the blood rested on the blade.

The blade produced blood and blood rested on the blade prior to being sealed.

Nobody said it didn't absorb the blood.

I said the blood rested on the blade.

The blade produced blood and blood rested on the blade prior to being sealed.
Check that scan again , The blood was getting absorbed it (which made it look like it was Resting) , You can even see the blood flowing more towards the Totsuka blade(moving from the left side to the right side).

No. Christ.

His point is that it does not phase through opponents, it physically interacts with the world. As evidence by the fact that the blood literally got smeared on it.
Bruh like I said just because a conceptual weapon damaged you physically with evidence dosent mean it wouldn't also conceptually, IF it is truly Physical it shouldn't even be able to interact with souls to seal them away.

Bruh like I said just because a conceptual weapon damaged you physically dosent mean it wouldn't also conceptually,
There's no evidence whatsoever that the Totsuka blade damages someone's spirit or any such nonsense.

IF it is truly Physical it shouldn't even be able to interact with souls to seal them away.
It has an embedded sealing Jutsu, the blade itself doesn't interact with souls.

There's no evidence whatsoever that the Totsuka blade damages someone's spirit or any such nonsense.

It has an embedded sealing Jutsu, the blade itself doesn't interact with souls.
Soul Manipulation means to be able to affect souls , it's a spiritual blade by nature and it's been stated multiple times to be so .

For it to seal the Soul it has to be able to interact with it.

We can disregard databook statements if a manga showing says otherwise.
The manga also says the Totsuka Blade has no physical form
14.jpg

And I'm not even really sure why the fact that it draws blood proves it doesn't have a physical form? Just because it can interact with things that are physical doesn't mean it is physical itself. A ghost can give a person chills by passing through them, that's "interacting" with something physical, but the ghost isn't physical. The definition of physical is just that it's material or related to the body. You can't just look at all these statements for the spirit weapons not being physical and say "Nah they physical." If it was one isolated statement maybe, but there's a preponderance of evidence for a reason. It's clearly what Kishimoto intended, even if you think he didn't portray it properly.

The point is that it doesn't ignore damn durability

Because yall act like since it's a spiritual tool that can "cut down any enemy", it needs dura neg

The proof for durability negation is dogshit
With just those I agree the evidence is lackluster. But it's not just that.

-they're stated to be magical, matchless weapons
-Susanoo boasts an "absolutely perfect" offense and defense because of the spirit weapons, which is followed up by the "hyperbolic" statement, which isn't really cause it's just reiterating what was said before, it's absolutely perfect because no enemy can withstand its attacks or damage it
-can cut down any enemy is in a pair with a statement about the Yata Mirror having infinite defense, making it consistent for the spirit weapons to have infinite capability
-material/astral bodies and ninjutsu/physical attacks lose their meaning against the spirit weapons
-Zetsu stated that because of the Yata Mirror's infinite durability AND the Totsuka Blade, Itachi's invincible, implying that the Totsuka Blade has a similar all powerful aspect to the Yata Mirror

There's just quite a bit of consistency to the infinite ability of the spirit weapons being in a pair. For one to ignore all AP and the other to not ignore all durability despite the statements referring to both of them together would be pretty irrational.

Yata Mirror: Deflect all things
You: Infinite Durability

This is exactly why I'm skeptical about this. These reaches in logic.

Find me a statement of it negating durability and it just not being something that can be chalked up to a simple hyperbole

Yata Mirror: Deflect all things
You: Infinite Durability

This is exactly why I'm skeptical about this. These reaches in logic.
...How is that a reach in logic? If it can deflect all things, it can defend from all things, so it has infinite durability. Maybe durability isn't the right word for it since it doesn't have conventional durability, but my point is just that no attack can breach it. And again, this is backed up by multiple statements. There's the Zetsu one, there's the statement in the databook that it can repel any attack, that all attacks lose their meaning against it, and that it can change every one of its properties to negate incoming attacks,
Find me a statement of it negating durability and it just not being something that can be chalked up to a simple hyperbole
That perfect irrefutable statement doesn't exist. If it did, we wouldn't be spending so much time arguing linguistics on these statements. Evidence doesn't need to be objective to be valid. At some point, when there's enough consistency, big statements stop being hyperbole and start to just be true. If there were say 100 statements all along the lines of what has been presented so far, would you just call that hyperbole too and dismiss it? I mean you could, but it'd be pretty absurd. Even 7 is a pretty insane number for just 2 different pages of evidence.

Evidence doesn't need to be objective to be valid.
But evidence needs to be valid.

But so far it's just headass.

Ok, how would the statements about the spirit weapons have to be worded for you to accept their ignoring AP/Durability properties to be valid?

Back