• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He isn't proficient with it, what? For not being the main user, he's able to summon and maintain the Gedo Mazo for ages and continuously the chains whilst spamming Kamui. People don't give Obito credit for having a huge amount of chakra. Though he doesn't use the paths in character I agree I'm just displaying win-cons. Obito isn't stupid enough to not use abilities that won't win him the fight and sacrifice chakra. The only reasons he didn't against Kakashi was because it was a personal bout and against Naruto he wanted to conserve chakra. Here in a non-personal 1v1 he has no reason to not use them if he has to.

He caught Nagato off-guard the entire time.

Itachi only has the Totsuka and he isn't tagging Obito like at all because of Kamui, whilst Obito could possibly tag him with Kamui like he almost did to Naruto multiple times if it weren't for Guy and Kakashi and like he did to Kakashi.

Metalija said:
Yes it is. Talk to me when Itachi controls a perfect jinchuriki like a puppet for 10 years, or when he controls Kurama with a base Sharingan.
Thats like saying, come back to me when Obito kills someone by literally nuking their mind. Those are 2 different types of mind manipulation levels.

Yes it is. Talk to me when Itachi controls a perfect jinchuriki like a puppet for 10 years, or when he controls Kurama with a base Sharingan.

Have you read Itachi shinden lol? 13 year old Itachi has more impressive genjutsu feats than Obito lol

Obito can't tag Itachi with Kamui without leaving himself vulnerable.

10 years of mind control, huh? How about making someone live through 80 years of a fully-fleshed-out life in the span of 10 picoseconds?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Obito can't tag Itachi with Kamui without leaving himself vulnerable.

10 years of mind control, huh? How about making someone live through 80 years of a fully-fleshed-out life in the span of 10 picoseconds?
Exactly lol

Tsukuyomi is broken by MS though but can control Jinchuriki. Controlling a Jinchiriki for a years plus being able to affect a Jinchuriki with a potent illusion.

Obito has never been tagged when using Kamui to suck something up iirc and he has feats of doing it to Kakshi and almost Naruto. Not seeing Itachi avoid it literally every single time.

EmperorRorepme said:
Tsukuyomi is broken by MS though but can control Jinchuriki. Controlling a Jinchiriki for a years plus being able to affect a Jinchuriki with a potent illusion.
Jin resistance is not as strong as MS resistance, especially when you're at Itachi's level of proficiency. The only genjutsu that'll affect them are Kotoamatsukami and IT.

EmperorRorepme said:
Obito has never been tagged when using Kamui to suck something up iirc and he has feats of doing it to Kakshi and almost Naruto. Not seeing Itachi avoid it literally every single time.
BFR requires him to materialize. That's a fact.

And before hitting someone he also has to materialize. Not to mention physical damage is meaningless against an edo

Itachi nuking the mind of his girlfriend is less impressive to me than controling Kurama with a base sharingan, or a perfect jinchuriki for 10 years. And I was talking about controling someone with genjutsu so i wasn't counting Itachis Tsukuyomi because Kuglao said that Itachi will force Obito to kill himself which is why i said that Obito mind control is stronger.

And before hitting someone he also has to materialize. Not to mention physical damage is meaningless against an edo

Didn't say it wasn't a fact. I said it's unlikely for Itachi to avoid it every single time considering the feats he has of sucking people in. No one has addressed where I said he can catch him off guard by coming out of the ground and Naruto only avoided it because of emotion sensing.

Even in the case that Itachi manages to hit him, what significant damage can Itachi inflict if Obito can tank KCM2 Rasengans to the face.

Metalija said:
Itachi nuking the mind of his girlfriend is less impressive to me than controling Kurama with a base sharingan, or a perfect jinchuriki for 10 years. And I was talking about controling someone with genjutsu so i wasn't counting Itachis Tsukuyomi because Kuglao said that Itachi will force Obito to kill himself which is why i said that Obito mind control is stronger.
Controlling Kurama really isn't all that impressive. BoS Sasuke could enter Naruto's mind and suppress kurama easily. Kurama even compared Sasuke to Madara lol. And that version of Sasuke was literally in a genjutsu for his entire fight with Itachi lol.

Not to mention itachi is definitely superior in genjutsu to 14 year old Obito

Didn't say it wasn't a fact. I said it's unlikely for Itachi to avoid it every single time considering the feats he has of sucking people in. No one has addressed where I said he can catch him off guard by coming out of the ground and Naruto only avoided it because of emotion sensing.

Even in the case that Itachi manages to hit him, what significant damage can Itachi inflict if Obito can tank KCM2 Rasengans to the face.

You do realize itachi has precog too right? His reactions are also pretty insane considering he can react to kirin and summon susanoo while blind and dying. Also keeping up with sage kabuto easily.

Obito also has precognition and Sharingan precognition doesn't stop them being tagged by every single attack. As we see through the course of the series most notably, Sasuke vs Bee. This still doesn't solve coming out of the ground either.

Reacting to Kirin is still slower then reacting to KCM2 Naruto.

Sage Kabuto is pretty fast and comparable to EMS Sasuke in speed who did go on to team up with KCM2 Naruto later on. So you could at least scale Itachi's speed to Obito this way but this still doesn't solve coming through the ground which Itachi cannot precog or sense at all.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Metalija said:
Controlling Kurama really isn't all that impressive. BoS Sasuke could enter Naruto's mind and suppress kurama easily. Kurama even compared Sasuke to Madara lol. And that version of Sasuke was literally in a genjutsu for his entire fight with Itachi lol.
Not to mention itachi is definitely superior in genjutsu to 14 year old Obito
Controling Kurama with an MS is not impressive, but controling him with a base Sharingan IS very impressive. Also why are you mentioning Sasuke? Suppresing the Nine tails chakra from leaking outside of Naruto is far less impressive than actually controlling the Nine Tails lol

Kurama doesn't even have genjutsu resistance. Jinchuriki do because the Bijuu inside them can break them out of it. And even Sasuke could mess with Kurama.

EmperorRorepme said:
Obito also has precognition and Sharingan precognition doesn't stop them being tagged by every single attack. As we see through the course of the series most notably, Sasuke vs Bee. This still doesn't solve coming out of the ground either.

Reacting to Kirin is still slower then reacting to KCM2 Naruto.

Sage Kabuto is pretty fast and comparable to EMS Sasuke in speed who did go on to team up with KCM2 Naruto later on. So you could at least scale Itachi's speed to Obito this way but this still doesn't solve coming through the ground which Itachi cannot precog or sense at all.
Obito doesn't scale to kcm2 naruto in any way shape or form lol. Kcm2 is Rel not sub-rel. They're both more comparable to kcm Naruto not kcm2, except possibly in terms of reactions scaling to Sasuke.

EmperorRorepme said:
He literally has a plethora of feats reacting and fighting KCM2 Naruto.
I don't even remember him physically fighting that version of Naruto tbh

"Kurama has no genjutsu resistance" Then why was it said that you need an MS in order to control him? Why did Jiraiya say that controling Kurama is almost impossible? If Kurama has no genjutsu resistance that means that any random Uchiha can control him, which is bullshit.

Metalija said:
"Kurama has no genjutsu resistance" Then why was it said that you need an MS in order to control him? Why did Jiraiya say that controling Kurama is almost impossible? If Kurama has no genjutsu resistance that means that any random Uchiha can control him, which is bullshit.
Actually not bullshit at all. In fact, the sharingan being able to control kurama is the reason why the Uchiha were suspected of the kyubi attack and persecuted in the first place lol. This is a major plot point and can't be overlooked.

Slacjow said:
Its heavily implied in the series that only MS can control a Bijuu.
Well that's not true anyway because of Obito's feats lol. And everyone in the village blaming the Uchiha for it, even though they know None of them have MS with the possible exception of Fugaku.

How would the village know if some of them have an MS? And just because Obito controled Kurama with a base sharingan doesn't mean that everyone can. Obito is just that good.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Slacjow said:
Its heavily implied in the series that only MS can control a Bijuu.
Well that's not true anyway because of Obito's feats lol. And everyone in the village blaming the Uchiha for it, even though they know None of them have MS with the possible exception of Fugaku.
I agree with u Obito used his base sharingan on kurama
Dfeeyrttyr

Kurama was never stated to have any form of resistance. If I missed the statement or something could someone please post it here? (Genuinely asking, not being sarcastic or anything).

Actually nvm. Why are we even wasting our time on Genjutsu when it certainly won't have any bearing on this fight anyway.

Unless someone genuinely thinks Obito can put Itachi in a genjutsu LOL

Also keep in mind, Itachi is already under Kotoamatsukami, so even if Obito is capable of Normally putting Itachi in a genjutsu( he's not lol), he'd have to undo or outdo kotoamatsukami, which isn't happening as it's the strongest MS genjutsu period.

I started the whole genjutsu argument because someone said that Itachi was gonna make Obito kill himself with genjutsu lol. But genjutsu is not really a factor in this fight. Both fighters are practically immune to it. So its gonna come down to other techniques. Since speed is not equalized i vote Obito high difficulty.

Normal Sharingan can't control Bijuu,thats headcanon.

Obito's feat might be explained.

1.He already awakened MS which boosted his genjutsu.

2.He had Hashi's Cell's which might've boosted his Sharingan.

3.Outlier,Inconsistency,PIS.

If a basic Sharingan could control Bijuu Uchiha's wouldn't wait for years in opression and rebel already.But to control Kurama they needed MS which at that time only Shisui had,and he would never do that.Fugaku also had MS but he hid it because the clan would want to rebel with Kurama under Genjutsu.

Slacjow said:

If a basic Sharingan could control Bijuu Uchiha's wouldn't wait for years in opression and rebel already.But to control Kurama they needed MS which at that time only Shisui had,and he would never do that.Fugaku also had MS but he hid it because the clan would want to rebel with Kurama under Genjutsu.
They wanted to rebel BECAUSE they were oppressed by the village BECAUSE they suspected them of controlling the nine tails.

Anyway like we mentioned above arguing about genjutsu is pointless for this fight so let's stop derailing.

Slacjow said:

OK, well he also put a Perfect Jinchuuriki in a Genjutsu so strong he used him as a puppet just like he did with Kurama and I'm 90% sure he did that with his normal Sharingan too. Both of those things should be impossible, yet he did it, so his prowess with Genjutsu is quite frankly ridiculous. But like UchihaSlayer said, let's drop the Genjutsu argument.

Also has someone been keeping track of votes lol? I honestly lost track.

Not saying all the arguments are over yet. Just saying the op should probably keep track so we know where we stand.

Alright. It's time for me to solo this thread.

Anyone who thinks Edo Itachi actually has a chance against Obito, especially Rinnegan Obito needs to rewatch the series. If this was Obito with the Orange Mask we're talking about here, then we MIGHT have a matchup worth discussing.

Lets begin with AP. The only thing stopping this from being a total shitstomp is Obito not having his Edo Jinjurichi.

Obito pretty much fonoled KCM Naruto, Guy, B, and Kakashi at the same time. He could easily react to all of their attacks with no difficulty. Obito tanked a Rasengan from KCM Naruto with next to no damage. The only way any of them were able to damage Obito at all was thanks to Kakashi having Obito's other eye.

Next, I'm going to dismantle Itachi beating Nagato as an argument.

Now Itachi briefly traded blows with a fatigued KCM Naruto who before created like thousands of clones, and sent them across the planet. He wasn't stomping KCM Naruto and B at the same time. Nagato fondoled both of them with 0 difficulty, and nearly killed them both. Itachi couldn't dominate Naruto and B to the same extent.

Itachi didn't beat Nagato conventionally. He outhaxxed him. And Nagato wasn't even in control of his body at the time iirc. Quite frankly, Itachi would've been ****** against Nagato were it not for the Toutska blade. Let alone his Chibaku Tensei.

So no. Edo Itachi is at best somewhat relative to Nagato. But certainly not above him.

Now for Speed.

Obito eclipses pretty handily here. He could react to attacks coming towards him from behind. He could react to KCM Naruto without trouble, along with B, War Arc Kakashi, and Guy.

Itachi was trading blows with a fatigued KCM Naruto, who wasn't at full power.

So Obito is comftorably above Itachi in speed.

Abilities.

Amaterasu gets dodged with ease. Even if it does hit Obito, he can absorb it with the PReta Path, or push it off himself with Shinra Tensei.

Tsyukiyomi. Obito knows about Itachi's Genjutsu, and his Rinnegan would probably neg it anyways.

Susanoo. The Yata Mirror isn't going to block Kamui, and unless someone can prove to me that the Toutska Blade can hit intangible beings, that aint going to hit Obito either.

Lets not forget, Obito CAN use all of the Rinnegan's abilities. And frankly I don't buy the whole idea of it "being too taxing for him" This dude could casually control the Gedo Mazou, whitch originally screwed up Nagato's body. He controlled 6 Biju without effort. And later went on to have a huge portion of his chest destroyed, the Ten Tails extracted, and being forced to cast Rinne Tensei.

What I'm saying is that there's no reason Obito cannot use the Rinnegan's powers freely.

Now lets discuss win conditions.

Obito: Can seal Itachi vs Chibaku Tensei, Can BFR Itachi into Kamui, Can pull out his soul with the Human Path.

Itachi: Could seal Obito with the Toutska blade if he gets lucky.

Conclusion: Obito outmuscles, outspeeds, and outhaxes Itachi in this fight.

Normally I'd call something like this a stomp, but because of the Toutska Blade, and my favorable opinion of Itachi. I'm gonna throw him a bone and say he might win 1/10 battles. With Obito winning 9/10 handily.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Alright. It's time for me to solo this thread.

Anyone who thinks Edo Itachi actually has a chance against Obito, especially Rinnegan Obito needs to rewatch the series. If this was Obito with the Orange Mask we're talking about here, then we MIGHT have a matchup worth discussing.

Lets begin with AP. The only thing stopping this from being a total shitstomp is Obito not having his Edo Jinjurichi.

Obito pretty much fonoled KCM Naruto, Guy, B, and Kakashi at the same time. He could easily react to all of their attacks with no difficulty. Obito tanked a Rasengan from KCM Naruto with next to no damage. The only way any of them were able to damage Obito at all was thanks to Kakashi having Obito's other eye.

Next, I'm going to dismantle Itachi beating Nagato as an argument.

Now Itachi briefly traded blows with a fatigued KCM Naruto who before created like thousands of clones, and sent them across the planet. He wasn't stomping KCM Naruto and B at the same time. Nagato fondoled both of them with 0 difficulty, and nearly killed them both. Itachi couldn't dominate Naruto and B to the same extent.

Itachi didn't beat Nagato conventionally. He outhaxxed him. And Nagato wasn't even in control of his body at the time iirc. Quite frankly, Itachi would've been ****** against Nagato were it not for the Toutska blade. Let alone his Chibaku Tensei.

So no. Edo Itachi is at best somewhat relative to Nagato. But certainly not above him.

Now for Speed.

Obito eclipses pretty handily here. He could react to attacks coming towards him from behind. He could react to KCM Naruto without trouble, along with B, War Arc Kakashi, and Guy.

Itachi was trading blows with a fatigued KCM Naruto, who wasn't at full power.

So Obito is comftorably above Itachi in speed.

Abilities.

Amaterasu gets dodged with ease. Even if it does hit Obito, he can absorb it with the PReta Path, or push it off himself with Shinra Tensei.

Tsyukiyomi. Obito knows about Itachi's Genjutsu, and his Rinnegan would probably neg it anyways.

Susanoo. The Yata Mirror isn't going to block Kamui, and unless someone can prove to me that the Toutska Blade can hit intangible beings, that aint going to hit Obito either.

Lets not forget, Obito CAN use all of the Rinnegan's abilities. And frankly I don't buy the whole idea of it "being too taxing for him" This dude could casually control the Gedo Mazou, whitch originally screwed up Nagato's body. He controlled 6 Biju without effort. And later went on to have a huge portion of his chest destroyed, the Ten Tails extracted, and being forced to cast Rinne Tensei.

What I'm saying is that there's no reason Obito cannot use the Rinnegan's powers freely.

Now lets discuss win conditions.

Obito: Can seal Itachi vs Chibaku Tensei, Can BFR Itachi into Kamui, Can pull out his soul with the Human Path.

Itachi: Could seal Obito with the Toutska blade if he gets lucky.

Conclusion: Obito outmuscles, outspeeds, and outhaxes Itachi in this fight.

Normally I'd call something like this a stomp, but because of the Toutska Blade, and my favorable opinion of Itachi. I'm gonna throw him a bone and say he might win 1/10 battles. With Obito winning 9/10 handily.
AGREED, THANK YOU! FRA.

Back