• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Madara's Calc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OFoSN5_7CQ 8:35+

In the english dub, discounting that Pain specifies to tens of millions of people this statement as clairified before doesn't equate to the total amount of people on the planet.

Using the forbidden jutsu to wipe nations in an instant will "Make the other nations QUAKE in fear."

And thats after the tens of millions of nations statement, so its still leveling to many nations having millions ((up to tens of millions)) of people per area.

Okay Damage. The Pain point is fair, if that's the case (Not something I would agree with at all though)

I think making this staff only will just drown out the opposing argument (Which in the opinion of most, if not all, of the supporters is the correct argument).

I mean, look at every post that before I came to the thread. They just agreed without giving it a second thought, which isn't a shot, it just means they know as much about Naruto.

The only thing I majorly disagree with is assuming that Naruto's population is 1-to-1 the same as our own. Whether or not that results in an upgrade or downgrade, is irrelevant. It's all about what's more accurate.

To me, this thread has highlighted how much we truly don't know about Naruto's world as a whole without making some form of assumption.

The population for the current is what we ALL can agree was too much. The fact is that not counting the animals that were also caught in the IT is what is staggering us here even when we show a dog getting caught in it.

Heavens Feel said:
>In the english dub
no.
Regardless, the wording is straight out of the manga other than "tens of millions"

All nations and all villages is still implied to be seperate from all at once as people some how got from the manga when in both the anime and the manga the same thing is said. There is no confirmation that the population caps at millions, just that taking out millions in a nation will scare people.

Are we actually using the english dub as a source of debate? That's...referring to the english manga, aye?

C2 of Omegon said:
The only thing I majorly disagree with is assuming that Naruto's population is 1-to-1 the same as our own. Whether or not that results in an upgrade or downgrade, is irrelevant. It's all about what's more accurate.
To me, this thread has highlighted how much we truly don't know about Naruto's world as a whole without making some form of assumption.
The guestimation of this all is straying away from "It can't possibly be like Earth" is the problem. By author intent a lot of things are being disregarded for the sake of finding a exagerrated lowball when evidence from the story show lifewiping.

A new problem is that the calculation to how crazy the lifewiping will be ignored.

BlackeJan said:
The population for the current is what we ALL can agree was too much. The fact is that not counting the animals that were also caught in the IT is what is staggering us here even when we show a dog getting caught in it.
There shouldn't be an arguement against animals not being included when we have already seen the result of the technique elsewhere. Life wiping.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11133/111338565/6782243-3914139974-2000

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c5a5be578a252ccb5a3a1b9554689ccd

BlackeJan said:
Exactly. I agree 7.7 for human population is too high.

The places where there's disagreement on my part is this.

1) I don't agree that it's not even in the billions, that's just absurd.

2) I believe we should add animals into the equation.

I don't even understand how you can deny the positive correlation between technology and well being. All the way back in 1804, we had 1 billion humans on his earth. This was a time with extremely low medical science when compared to Naruto.

I mean, up until well into the 20th century, a large number of people were still dying from infections. Which, even from what we've seen of it, Naruto's medical science has surpassed by a mile.

Eh, I used 75 billion things in the equation with 36 things per root using Damage's parameters and then put it into the kinetic energy calculator, reached High 6-A only.

I mean, Rin was able to perform eye transplant surgery in a matter of seconds or minutes in the middle of a battlefield...when she was 12. Their medical techniques are pretty solid if you ask me.

KLOL506 said:
Eh, I used 75 billion things in the equation with 36 things per root using Damage's parameters and then put it into the kinetic energy calculator, reached High 6-A only.
I talked to a CGM and those parameters were wayyyyy off.

LucyyXNyuXHana said:
The guestimation of this all is straying away from "It can't possibly be like Earth" is the problem. By author intent a lot of things are being disregarded for the sake of finding a exagerrated lowball when evidence from the story show lifewiping.
The problem is that Naruto's world, while being very similiar to our own in some ways, is very different in others.

I mean, Naruto's world has animals that are way larger than the ones we have on Earth. A turtle that is also an island? Tigers the size of a small building or raccoons mistaken for bears? Or how about the places that have mystical properties like the Falls of Truth? Or Mount Myoboku? Or how about they didn't even have a moon until Kaguya was sealed?

The animals point to a different kind of ecosystem then what we currently have on Earth. Not too mention that those places have been impacted by the prescense of chakra, which we certaintly don't have here.

It's less, 'It can't possibly be like Earth' and more 'There are similiarties but there are a lot of differences'. Really, you have a better chance of comparing Naruto's Earth to something out of Star Wars or 40K than our own Earth...

I don't think this thread's going anywhere. No alternative to 7.7 billion is agreed upon, and 7.7 billion is just as bad.

I suggest we downgrade that madara to the tier of whatever his previous tier was like and say 'likely far higher' after it.

@Ayewale; the alternatives I'm currently using is 1 billion and 5.8 billion.

Also there is no need to downgrade Madara. He scales to 5-B via other calcs.

We should use that number as a fair assumption. Other verses get to much liberty when it comes to fair assumption. But suddenly now Naruto can't?

Naruto gets the spiky end of the stick when it comes to things like this, apparently.

Also, I agree with the alternative number.

If 1 billion is the low-end, and 5 billion is the high-end, what's the mid-end? I assume it's 3 billion or something?

AppleLord said:
We should use that number as a fair assumption. Other verses get to much liberty when it comes to fair assumption. But suddenly now Naruto can't?
How many times are people going to cry that Naruto gets treated unfairly?

First it was fans of One Piece when I started evaluating their calcs, and now fans of Naruto.

Sometimes I just think that people don't like too much scrutiny towards verses they like.

If other verses have a problem, then call them out on it on their own threads.

If he scales to 5-B with his other calcs then why has thread gone beyond 'the calc should be denied as a feat since it's incorrect'.

Ayewale said:
If he scales to 5-B with his other calcs then why has thread gone beyond 'the calc should be denied as a feat since it's incorrect'.
Because the thread has continued with the discussion of "Is there any way of fixing the calc?"

The old calc has already been removed from Madara's profile.

Ah. Anyways, on the topic on improving the calc, saying 'some millions of people' is the best we can do. Why does this have 200 replies?

Damage3245 said:
How many times are people going to cry that Naruto gets treated unfairly?

First it was fans of One Piece when I started evaluating their calcs, and now fans of Naruto.

Sometimes I just think that people don't like too much scrutiny towards verses they like.

If other verses have a problem, then call them out on it on their own threads.
U mispelled "scrutiny" with "bias"

Imagine calling Damage biased for revising your favorites verses' calcs with lower results when Damage has done that to every verse he is a part of:

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

My Hero Academia

Negima

I could go on.

Pretty sure he hasn't touched Bleach (if so its like a few times) but its funny u say that until he ACTUALLY starts doing bleach calcs then lets see if you can say that again

If you want i can be truthful here and start calling people out cause today took the #1 spot of the people who are straight bias

You literally took a small part of what he said and act like it counters his claim..

Damage always points out flaws, even minor things like some circular reasoning that doesn't change tiers at all in RWBY.

@blackjan today out of all days ? you've have missed some days then because this pretty chill compared to a real biased debate .

Ayewale said:
Ah. Anyways, on the topic on improving the calc, saying 'some millions of people' is the best we can do. Why does this have 200 replies?
This calc can't land on millions. I don't know how 400 replies in and people are still declining the inclusion of animals-- the objective of the technique is lifewiping. That end result has been showcased a few times already.

@LucyyXNyuXHana; the objective of the technique is not Lifewiping. The objective is to turned captured humans into White Zetsu husks to create Kaguya's Army.

Why do you keep mentioning this life wiping as if it takes a minute or so? That isn't the end result with what Madara did like at all and has nothing to do with the calc.

Damage3245 said:
@LucyyXNyuXHana; the objective of the technique is not Lifewiping. The objective is to turned captured humans into White Zetsu husks to create Kaguya's Army.
Madara was being manipulated by Black Zestu to think he could accomplish a dream of his own-- the end goal was to revive Kaguya.

Kaguya wanted to create her army and fend from Momoshiki and Kinshiki and keep the planet as her lovely zone- thats also for her choice. She liked playing god.

"Some Ōtsutsuki, such as Momoshiki and Kinshiki, harvest the God Tree's fruit until it and its respective planet die, at which point they go looking for a new one.[4] Kaguya, after consuming the fruit of Earth's God Tree, chose to settle on the planet and use the power she gained in order to single-handedly rule over the human populations.[2]"

The other places this happened throughout the universe ended up with Planets being lifewiped. This is what the technique is for. If Kaguya won the battle sure she would've probably retaken the planet as her own and play mom again but we have already been informed that the technique is for conquering planets.

Kaguya wanted ALL her chakra back. Naruto, Sasuke, and the rest of the globe. She's stated that multiple times.

The whole reason why Momoshiki and Kinshiki came after Kaguya is to check on why the hell she hasn't reported back on the Shinju Tree for planet Earth.

Lastly, we know for sure even other juubi exist as shown in the Boruto manga.

SPOILERS: Jigen has his own Juubi that he keeps as a pet until whatever we know its purpose for, but he was Kaguya's partnered Otsutsuki.

The end goal for Otsutsuki is still unknown but we know they're intergalactic planet hunters. Even in the novels Momoshiki wiped a solar system and moved on like some Saiyan Saga Arc shit

Back