• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Madara's Calc

RegisNex1232 said:
You have made claims that we should assume things like there being 7.7 billion people in Naruto and other similar statements based off vague one liners. If you truly think that is evidence then I'm sorry to inform you that is incorrect. When you can find hard numbers for the number caught by IT please post it otherwise there's no need for you to post.
When you can come up with a non copy pasted reply you can carry on posting if not do not bother either.

Same with your "facts".

RegisNex1232 said:
You have made claims that we should assume things like there being 7.7 billion people in Naruto and other similar statements based off vague one liners. If you truly think that is evidence then I'm sorry to inform you that is incorrect. When you can find hard numbers for the number caught by IT please post it otherwise there's no need for you to post.
And the arguments continue to be misrepresented. That was never and has never been the argument we used.

The argument has always been that there is a causal relationship between technological advancement and population growth. This is a fact. However, it continues to be ignored in favor of random points being brought up that have nothing to do with the primary argument.

YungManzi said:
What is even being argued at this point? Why are people still trying to say the world population of Naruto is in the millions?

There's actual reasons to suggest otherwise and the only thing against it is; "Naruto is not Earth", or, "Naruto humans aren't earth humans."

At this point it's a tired argument because the points being mentioned have already been addressed.
The actual reasons are 'Naruto Earth is like Earth' and that's it. Nothing else is given or explained, simply stubborn insistence that this must be accepted and that Damage's thoughts in the OP are incorrect. The tiring argument is having to repeat this to everyone bringing up the same points without a single shred of evidence. If you are going to do that then what is the point of posting other than to stonewall?

RegisNex1232 said:
The actual reasons are 'Naruto Earth is like Earth' and that's it. Nothing else is given or explained, simply stubborn insistence that this must be accepted and that Damage's thoughts in the OP are incorrect. The tiring argument is having to repeat this to everyone bringing up the same points without a single shred of evidence. If you are going to do that then what is the point of posting other than to stonewall?
Hey look, he is describing himself?

Its honestly ironic.

My point was there is far too many unknowns to even decide that, like I said we literally don't even know what the other half of the planet looks like.

This could easily be solved by just dropped the population method as suggested above earlier.

What's worse Narutos earth is like ours.

It literally shares the same religions as our planet and teachings and this should definitely be more than enough to prove that it's literally like ours

When you all have an argument with supporting evidence, Rocker, Jvando, Astral, Yung please post then. Otherwise try not to derail, stonewall or complain that your assumptions aren't being blindly accepted without reason.

Lol cool ignore evidence that was posted hours ago

U not accepting means nothing to the overall debate at hand on this thread

RegisNex1232 said:
When you all have an argument with supporting evidence, Rocker, Jvando, Astral, Yung please post then. Otherwise try not to derail, stonewall or complain that your assumptions aren't being blindly accepted without reason.
Very cool regis, when you can follow your own rules come back to us. Else you can stop copy pasting now. You are literally wasting the thread replies.

@Regis I'll just quote myself earlier on, because you're heavily misrepresenting my argument.

YungManzi said:
No Damage to me it's more like;
1) You're more likely to survive natural disasters and disease the more advanced your civilization is (for obvious reasons). These things being the leading causes of death among humans, and the only things that could really harm population growth (On a world-wide scale).

2) Since humans in naruto are similar to or exactly the same as humans in the real world biologically, it is very safe to assume they would have similar growth rates.
Second point being that, there's no reason to think Naruto humans wouldn't have as many kids as irl humans.

RegisNex1232 said:
So, you're outright ignoring all the legitimate points being brought up so far, and now you're asking for evidence?

How about you bring out legit evidence that the Narutoverse Earth doesn't hold more than a billion living beings. Since you started this argument, which isn't even the OP's argument to begin with, the burden of proof is on you.

There's no reason to think that they do have as many kids as IRL humans either, especially to the point of billions people. Considering that we never see anything of that amount unlike fictional/media depictions of say Japanese cities. The comparisons can't be made since quite a few things are different. Again, please bring actual evidence please.

Yeah seems you don't know how having the same religions proves that the world in Naruto shares similar aspects to our real world.

It clearly proves that it's our earth unlike your belief that it's not. Just because it doesn't have the same geography as our doesn't mean the number of humans is lower

If anything the planet can actually be argued to be bigger than ours in the first place

Assuming that it doesn't have a similar number of inhabitants is pure ludicrous

This site even tells us to always assume that a planet in a fictional world is similar to ours unless it's stated not to be.

Crazy how everyone argues now that the planet is different but when someone tries to upgrade the size of the planet it's the same as our earth.

How the argument "The Narutoverse humans are biologically different, therefore they produce less offspring" got into this thread is flat out hilarious.

RegisNex1232 said:
>When you all have an argument with supporting evidence

>repeats the same rebuttal and continues to misconstrue the argument of the opposition in an effort to make their point illegitimate

Alright, I'll explain this again since you didn't see it the first dozen times it was posted

The argument isn't that "Naruto Earth is our Earth" so stop presenting that as the case. It's dishonest.

The argument is that Technological Advancement leads to (in a causal relationship) population growth and that since Naruto has a similar technological level to ours and based on the fact that Kishimoto literally stated he modeled it after our world, we can reasonably conclude that their population should be relative to ours.

"In Fact Kishi gives us a Time period in which Naruto is set

Shonen Jump:Your work seems to have a science fiction influence. Approximately speaking what is the technology level in the world of Naruto?

Masashi Kishimoto: Actually, the world of Naruto doesn't differ very much from our present time. TV, refrigerators and air conditioners exist in the world. The only exceptions are weapons and explosives, which I've decided to set in a much earlier era. That's why you don't see firearms.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/21318193@N00/discuss/72157623565977557/"

Maybe you should think of bringing up evidence instead of straw manning our arguments.

So, you're outright ignoring all the legitimate points being brought up so far, and now you're asking for evidence?

How about you bring out legit evidence that the Narutoverse Earth doesn't hold more than a billion living beings. Since you started this argument, which isn't even the OP's argument to begin with, the burden of proof is on you.

When people have not yet successfully provided proof for their fantastical hypotheses, why are they being blindly accepted without reason? If people could stop making such arguments and actually give evidence, it might become easier. Otherwise there's no point in entertaining such thoughts.

Technology isn't evidence and acting like it is is very dishonest considering the lack of depictions of such population numbers. It's not like Naruto Earth countries have massive cities like IRL cities like Tokyo, Dubai, Mumbai, NYC, London, etc.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
@Damage

Even though the calc was already removed, you should prob write a summary and ask staff about it before this spirals even further.

New calcs are being made

RegisNex1232 said:
There's no reason to think that they do have as many kids as IRL humans either, especially to the point of billions people. Considering that we never see anything of that amount unlike fictional/media depictions of say Japanese cities. The comparisons can't be made since quite a few things are different. Again, please bring actual evidence please.

The main argument isn't even from kids. Please stop dodging everything else

" Masashi Kishimoto: Actually, the world of Naruto doesn't differ very much from our present time. TV, refrigerators and air conditioners exist in the world. The only exceptions are weapons and explosives, which I've decided to set in a much earlier era. That's why you don't see firearms. "

He literally gives us Exceptions Regis. And world population is not one of them.

RegisNex1232 said:
Technology isn't evidence and acting like it is is very dishonest considering the lack of depictions of such population numbers. It's not like Naruto Earth countries have massive cities like IRL cities like Tokyo, Dubai, Mumbai, NYC, London, etc.
But it is, regardless of your opinion. Provably so, in fact. I doubt you even bothered to skim through the article I linked.

YungManzi said:
What more proof do you need Regis?

Kishimoto to come out and say that Naruto has the same population as IRL earth?

Seems like nothing else will satisfy you.
Why would anything else be satisfactory? Since when is imagined fanfiction or headcanon = facts about a verse? Why are you so insistent on not even attempting to meet such a level of support for argument?

there is no evidence that tell us how many living beings there in the naruto world.

assuming a number is even harder because the era it is supposed to be in is all over the place .

there is no evidence that the tree even captured animals in it's roots .

in those conditions i think 1 billion beings trapped in the tree as a high end is the best possible assumption .

Religion? Seriously?

What does that have to do with population? If you're trying to say that because there are certain elements from a religion, that they all exist in Naruto and thus it's world more like our own, you're reaching. There's literally hundreds if not thousands of various religions on our planet. I don't recall seeing that many represented and those that did only had some elements, not the full religion. Even then, mainly, if not all, were oriental.

In addition, I don't believe that we've never even seen the full scope of the Naruto world barring the Five Major Nations and the smaller ones surrounding. We've only ever seen like one continent. Our Earth has 7.

Right now, the opposition seems to want us to just make a lot of assumptions for how Naruto's Earth is just like ours when we really don't know a lot about it.

Rocker1189 said:
" Masashi Kishimoto: Actually, the world of Naruto doesn't differ very much from our present time. TV, refrigerators and air conditioners exist in the world. The only exceptions are weapons and explosives, which I've decided to set in a much earlier era. That's why you don't see firearms. "

He literally gives us Exceptions Regis. And world population is not one of them.
He says nothing about the population. Please don't attempt to mislead or trick people Rocker, and do try to meet the burden of proof necessary.

@Rocker1189; while I've already came to an agreement with Shadow regarding population ends, I don't think your point is relevant.

"He literally gives us Exceptions Regis. And world population is not one of them."

Kishimoto is talking specifically about how the technology of the world differs from Naruto Earth and IRL Earth. His statement doesn't mean "literally everything is the same between the two worlds except these pieces of technology."

Naeblis495 said:
there is no evidence that tell us how many living beings there in the naruto world.
assuming a number is even harder because the era it is supposed to be in is all over the place .

in those conditions i think 1 billion beings trapped in the tree as a high end is the best possible assumption .
There is:

No the era is pretty clear ^

Evidence has been posted above of a cat being released from it.

And I disagree.

0/3 points you got correct.

Naeblis495 said:

Huh? We literally see animals.

The god tree is stated to leave the whole planet devoid of any life

We know which animals even have chakra as well.

Context even tells us that the point of th e God Tree is to absorb all chakra from every living thing on the planet and we know some animals if not all have chakra

Damage3245 said:
@Rocker1189;
Kishimoto is talking specifically about how the technology of the world differs from Naruto Earth and IRL Earth. His statement doesn't mean "literally everything is the same between the two worlds except these pieces of technology."
Except he says that the world is not different from ours, he is clearly no just talking about tech.

Next does anyone even read e novels??? We literally see new counties which lay way way further away from the Fire nation

Next one of the countries called Redaku has had advanced technology since the age of Hagoromo

Until people actually bring facts stop talking about stuff just from Naruto which can easily be argued because it's based on your assumptions

Naeblis said:
Regis said:
Why would anything else be satisfactory? Since when is imagined fanfiction or headcanon = facts about a verse? Why are you so insistent on not even attempting to meet such a level of support for argument?
This is getting ridiculous.

RegisNex1232 said:
He says nothing about the population. Please don't attempt to mislead or trick people Rocker, and do try to meet the burden of proof necessary.
Please dont attempt to say that I am misleadig or tricking people in anyway without evidence Regis. Your ability to assume intent from replies is pretty poor to say the least.

Its pretty clear that nothing would satisfy you Regis.

i don't see any mention of population anywhere in that quote .

all i see from that "proof" , is a strand of cocoon being in front of a backround cat , not a single animal was showned being inside a cocoon and being drained .

disagree if you want .

Again, there is zero reason to wildly extrapolate population numbers without supporting depictions. When people stop trying to do so and deal in reality, maybe we might be able to discuss properly.

Back