• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei , Vali and Tokyo ghoul God tiers speed change

Status
Not open for further replies.
the low end here would be sub relativistic, High end Relativistic.

also can't see any comments on that post so I would be interested to see some responses to this.

^Funnily enough there is a quote from the LN that says Vali moved at lightspeed, I dismissed it as obvious hyperbole at the time but it may not look so hyperbolish, depending on this calc.

In DxD there are also abilities which reflect magical attacks. I can think of at least two. How do we know the "flash" simply wasn't the light of a magic attack that moves much slower and rebounded off a magical mirror?

No he said it was a flash. I read the quote.

Magical attacks can very easily be described as masses of light. Heck, Issei could be expected to use that word considering just how many magical attacks in DxD are light based

...it can be a form of light magic and not be light speed at all e.g. light spears or really anything the angels use ever.

Magical Light would be treated the same as Magical lightning, not the same thing, or same speed specifically.

So magical light from the sun should be treated as light then? I don't see where you are going with that line of thought.

Light spears are not lightspeed. That's wanking. There is way too much in the anime, manga and LN to suggest they are not.

you kidding me magical light from the sun Lol what ?

Sasuke called Kirin a jutsu despite the fact that he was merely redirecting lightning from clouds so no.

And again the calcer clearly pointed out that she was a devil and not a fallen angel your example is invalid...

Kirin is not a jutsu nor is it relevant. It was stated by Zetsu to be "above an actual Jutsu" in power

My point is not invalid. Light magic is light magic, not light.

1.Sasuke and zetsu both called it a jutsu zetsu only said its scale would be above what they could normally produce

2.Magical light which behaves as light should : [Due to the characteristics of my ability, I have powers to cover those weaknesses. That's why I have summoned a mirror.]

Nope

Derpmaster9000 said:
How in the world did Issei and vali get to relativistic speed? This seems like wank to me but I could be wrong
There's like 2 or 3 quotes I remember right now from different characters in different volumes about Vali moving at the speed of light when in his normal Balance breaker.

The first one is Kiba in Vol 3 when Vali blitzes Kokabiel, the second one is Issei in Volume 4 when he literally SAYS he himself is keeping up with Vali at LS.The third one is Issei again in volume 7(I think, could be 8) when they fight Loki. Issei says Vali moves at the speed of light when he arrives to fight Fenrir.

There's probably more but I remember only those right now.

Honestly I don't know how you would think this is wank when Issei and Sairaorg were making wormholes just by fistfighting in vol 9

Because magic, lightspeed statements and the fact that "light magic" =/= beams of light

I've also literally given an example in DxD canon where a magic attack was reflected, just like light.

Alakabamm said:
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Alice
You posting Sacred gears does not make a point man. Mirror Alice is not a mirror, it's a sacred gear that looks like a mirror and has the power to reflect attacks. Of course it will reflect attacks, it's ability is not reflecting magic, is reflecting attacks. That's similar to people saying Shirohige was so strong he could create earthquakes, well his fruit's power was making earthquakes.

And Night Reflection despite it's name doesn't reflect things, it absorbs attacks using shadows and then proceeds to redirect them. Again not magic but attacks. You can shoot a bullet and it will be redirected.

Unless you have proof Crocell just casually summoned a sacred gear-tier relic then it's not really an argument.

Those are sacred gears, they're not just your run of the mill items/magic items.

Sacred Gears aren't exactly the tip top of the magic in DxD you know, especially in their base form. This guy was a member of Sairaorg's peerage; it's believable that he can cast something simple like "reflect magic" and it just so happen that the reflect magic spell looks like a mirror (just like Tsubaki's SG does).

That's plenty of evidence and probably far more than I need to debunk a very casual lightspeed statement like this one.

Alakabamm said:
Sacred Gears aren't exactly the tip top of the magic in DxD you know, especially in their base form. This guy was a member of Sairaorg's peerage; it's believable that he can cast something simple like "reflect magic" and it just so happen that the reflect magic spell looks like a mirror (just like Tsubaki's SG does).

That's plenty of evidence and probably far more than I need to debunk a very casual lightspeed statement like this one.
Doesn't matter if they're not top tier or whatnot.

And cool but the thing is that you're not posting any evidence at all. You're posting your headcanon and comparing a summoned item we know nothing of to Sacred Gears. Like I said if you have some evidence about him summoning a super magic mirror that reflects magic attacks or whatever then ok, but there are statements about characters like Issei or Vali being LS. Mid-high tiers having relativistic speeds is not crazy at all.

I'm not posting anything close to headcanon and you better check yourself before being rude to me.

Alakabamm said:
I'm not posting anything close to headcanon and you better check yourself before be rude to me.
How am I being rude? Stop acting like a victim for no reason. It's pathetic.

Yes you are posting your headcanon "but this item we know nothing of JUST SO HAPPENS to have the same effect as that one sacred gear because I say so". Seems like a headcanon to me, but whatever.

Faisal Shourov said:
Guys lets calm done and discuss with peace
I'm perfectly calm. But I can't really have an argument with someone that thinks replying to them is "rude". What are we 10?

I will refer you to the rules section of this wiki, specifically.

• Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using hate-speech (ethnic, homophobic, against autistic, disabled, or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist or offensive language.
  • You can leave comments in the forums if you want to argue about a character's power or point out things that seem wrong, but don't be rude, obnoxious, unreasonable, or overly argumentative. Also, try to keep the forum threads on point, and to not veer off-topic.
Now if you will actually address my arguments instead of resorting to calling it headcanon, I will have a discussion about it with you. But continuing to call it headcanon like that will not get anything - including support for this upgrade - out of me.

Telling you that you're posting a headcanon is not rude, it's just calling you out for posting things only you believe without any support from the source material.

I already replied to you as to why you're posting a headcanon and I already refered to your "argument"(headcanon). You have no evidence that the unnamed mirror he summoned JUST happened to be sacred-gear tier relic like Mirror Alice.

Anyway I'm not going to repeat myself because I was very clear up there.

I have support from the source material in multiple ways, maybe you missed it.

Sacred gears don't have a tier in regards to what types of magic they reflect. Sacred gears only have tiers amongst themselves.

Let's stick to the topic please. Inoue initially did not directly insult you, so I think that it seems mostly okay this time. The "pathetic" comment was kind of rude though, but we will not get anywhere if we go back and forth about that, so lets bygones be bygones please.

Wait, if that's true, then should characters in Fairy Tail who fought Sting be Lightspeed and above as his magic is "Light Dragon Slayer Magic"?

FTL Natsu is confirmed.

Same with Lightspeed Flash from OPM due to his name and main power is Super Speed?

FTL Boros, Garou, and Saitama confirmed.

Joking aside, as long as the calc is legit and not an outlier or inconsistency in DxD, I see no reason not to add this.

Also, if statements from the narrator/character can count as legit, then does that mean Tsuna from Hitman Reborn be FTL again? A guy he fought said he can move at the Speed of Light.

I may be wrong here if what you are saying is true but the fact that issei and vali's speed is noted here after all the light novels that have come out as being mhs if I remember correctly then these statements are all most likely a clear case of hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back