• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei fights a real dragon. Issei vs Dragonite

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Issei is at his strongest. Dragonite is holding a dragon scale.

Assume both of them are at their 'at least sub-relavistic' speed (if this is troublesome I'll equalise speed)

Who wins and why?

Dragonite: 4

Issei: 10

The real cal howard said:
Dragon Rage one-shots.
How does that one-shot? In gameplay terminology, Dragon Rage is a move that is guaranteed to deal 40 HP worth of damage, unless the opponent is a Fairy type.

Personally, I'm backing Issei FRA. He's a bit too much in terms of his abilities for Dragonite to deal with.

Dragonite is Large Island level+. He (?) no-diffs.

Divide has no such feats of working on attacks much stronger than the user. Vali had to use Half Dimension on Loki's attacks, and he couldn't completely eliminate them. Compression Divider didn't really work on Crom's fireball.

Issei's Divide is nowhere near as advanced as Vali's in the first place. Dragonite stomps.

Boosted gear helps a lot against any Ap advantage if it's not super huge, and considering the fact that this version of Issei should be hundreds of times stronger than the feat he scales from, I wouldn't say its an AP stomp at all.

@Yung

That's true. I mean, I don't see any problem with him being hundreds of times stronger than his Volume 5 self, just that I don't think this sort of thing is allowed in versus threads. If that's the case, Boost, Ascalon and Divide are going to be relevant, I guess.

I was hoping that Issei having 'far higher' in his profile would constitute to something.

Also, how does Dragon Rage one-shot? It's not based on AP of the user after all.

Can close this if you still think it's a stomp

I understand what you mean, Burning, but I personally don't see the difference between Issei at Diabolos and Dragonite being THAT big. The difference in power should be much closer considering the estimate used in his profile is a safe minimum, and I lean towards thinking it should be close enough that dividing and reflecting could severely impair Dragonite.

Add to that Ascalon, Penetrate, etc... I have to give Issei my vote, if this isn't closed because of mismatch.

That was p much my thought process. The difference in power honestly shouldn't be that big, especially given Issei's abilities to bridge the gap.

Votes have been updated on OP.

You guys are severely underestimating the power difference... If you wank Issei to the extreme of being at the peak of his tier, he's still more than 6 times weaker than Dragonite. Reflect and Divide become useless when Dragonite gets up close, and even more since Dragon Dance is a thing. Reason Dragon Rage bypasses Divide is because it does set damage. No amount of attack lowering changes that. Boost is negated by the power difference as well as Dragon Dance. Penetrate is useful for getting past Multiscale, but is useless otherwise. Thunder Wave cripples Issei. Ascalon would be helpful if it weren't for again, that astounding power difference.

Do you forget that Issei divided Euclid and Vali who were significantly more powerful?

Dragon Dance loses time. Issei will not wait.

Dragon Rage is not very powerful.

Thunder and Draco Meteor can fail.

Issei can defeat Dragonite by transfer the power of Ascalon/Ascalon II to Infinity Blaster+Longinus Smasher.

I vote for Issei

I mean Dragonite has the immediate AP advantage from the very start of the match. So right from the very start, Issei has to worry about that. Even if Issei divides Dragonites AP, Dragonite could still just as easily regain that strength back via Stat amping itself continually throughout the matchup.

Also, nothing suggests that Issei could also half Dragonites durability, and speed both of which can also be amped during the fight by Dragonite which would mean that Issei has no way of hurting Dragonite continually throughout the fight. Also, Dragonite should be able to stat reduce Issei as well during the fight.

@Lucian

Both who are in turn, significantly weaker than Dragonite.

What? That makes no sense. Did you mistype and mean to say takes rather than loses?

Doesn't need to be. It just needs to hurt.

Can't learn those moves, and even if it could, so can literally everything. This is an actual fight, not an RPG littered with game mechanics.

Again, absurd power difference. Not to mention Multiscale and Inner Focus allow Dragonite to no-sell that first hit (so long as it's not Penetrate) and hit back much, much harder.

Also, Agility.

@The real cal howard

LOL. Divide will work anyway. I do not even see Dragonite with a crushing advantage if this is Issei DxD form.

Are you giving unlimited moves to Dragonite?

Even in the anime the rules of the RPG game are applied

I'm actually asking. Why do you think that? You have a Large Island+ character with means to boost his attack against an Island level character, without the +. Furthermore, DxD form?

No. Just all of the natural level-up (and breeding) moves. TM and tutoring moves aren't allowed.

What? No they're not. Not if they fall under game mechanics, anyway. Pokemon spam moves all the time, without having the other Pokemon get an edge in. Dodging happens often. Etc.

Dragon shot (no boost) shot in Balance Breaker form is Island Level.

DxD Form >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BxB form.

Ok.

I see. Although Dragonite has agility, it's not a big deal. Issei has fought with an opponent who was not even able to look.

@Lucian

The difference between Issei and Vali / Euclid back then is not remotely close to the one between Issei and Dragonite right now. And Vali was explicitly holding back since Issei was trash to him at that point.

Just imagine CxC Issei taking Ascalon and going to face the likes of Aŝi Dahāka, or DxD Issei going to face finite Ophis or Shiva. He'd be stomped even with Boost, Divide, and Ascalon.

That's the case here. Dragonite one-shots easily. We don't have anything to quantify DxD Issei, and it's a stretch to say he can take on someone in the highest end of Large Island level.

@Burning

Vali was going to use Juggernaut Drive. Do not you think it's tough enough?

Loki, Azi, Crom are enemies that reached the divine category and celestial class. Dragonite is not even a legendary pokemon at least.

Also, it has never been said that Divide does not work on bigger enemies. Unlike the Sagred Gear Canceller from Rizevim where this was clarified.

Nope. Issei was nowhere close to Vali, and Azazel confirmed it later. Vali was simply being impulsive.

That...doesn't mean anything. Dragonite scales to a feat above them. How they're classified in-series is irrelevant in a versus thread.

I'm talking about its showings. Vali had to use an advanced form of Divide in the form of Half Dimension on Loki's attacks. He even said something like "I won't be able to activate my power to halve if it's a God". Then he used Half Dimension on a casual Loki's attacks, still could not get rid of them, and they went on to damage him.

@Burning

I'm pretty sure Vali did not use Half Dimension against Loki. That was Divide that does not work on Loki, but it works on his attacks.

Even if Dragonite is strong, he still has his own weakness against the dragon type.

Ascalon itself causes damage to a dragon, so the disadvantage of Dragonite is double. With Issei using Ascalon and Ascalon ll, that weakness is absurdly exploited.

It was said that was an applied move that halves the territory around him. That's Half Dimension.

A casual Crom tanked one of Issei's blasts imbued with Ascalon and he was fine. The gap between Issei and Dragonite is much more than that between Issei and Crom with our current stats.

You need to take into account the very significant difference between them. Well, let's just hope Ishibumi gives us something good in Shin DxD.

It was Divide. Even Issei was surprised by calling it a new technique.

Crom has no weakness of his own like Dragonite. Still with only one of the canons, Issei eliminated the wing and hurt Crom skin. He can imbue Ascalon in Longinus Smasher.

Dragon Shot, Dragon Blaster, Crimsom Blaster, Longinus Smasher = Dragon aura. Any attack by Issei should be effective against Dragonite.

Ascalon hits this weakness even more.

A normal Divide doesn't work on the general surroundings though. It was said that it was an applied technique of his move that halves his territory. That's Half Dimension. Issei hasn't shown it in any case.

All Dragons are susceptible to dragon slaying attacks. The Holy Grail eliminated it to a significant extent for people like Grendel.

And it was a casual Crom that wasn't taking both him and Vali seriously. Do you honestly think CxC Issei has a chance against Crom? Dragonite would simply overpower his blasts and one-shot him in the process.

Loki releases a wave of magical-power which is glowing in a rainbow colour. Vali makes his wings bigger, and it seems like he is planning to take it head on.

[DivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivide!!]

The Divine-Dividing's ability was activated, and Loki's attack continues to get smaller.

"-It seems like I can use my ability to halve without touching it if it's an attack like this. But, this consumes a lot from me."

Is it an applied technique of his move which halves his territory? Even if it doesn't affect Loki's body, it works on his attack. It seems like he is also growing and attaining new ability. Scary!

Where is Half Dimension? Issei does not need to do this. Enough with what he did against Euclid.

Dragonite is weak to dragon type by itself. Do not ignore this please. Crom does not have this weakness.

Back