• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
For the first golden sun match, let's give the main protagonist a pretty good challenge and see if he'll come out on top, or just fall flat on his face against this beast. Speed is equalized as usual, takes place in the Tolbi Colosseum 10 meters away from each other, and both characters have all the abilities in their arsenal at once.

Isaac: 8

Dusknoir:

Inconclusive:

Gs-isaac
477Dusknoir PMD Explorers

> Tolbi Colosseum

> All the abilities at their arsenal

Is Isaac restricted of his weapons? Like, does he only get a Claymore and shabby plate mail and an herb and a nut like he would at the Tolbi Colloso?

No, it's just a place that I put them in cause it felt fitting for a one on one match for a Golden sun character. So basically he gets his best gear.

Just curious about this, but can the Djinn and Summons outmaneuver Dusknoir's Psychic and other moves in that category?

Isaac will just completely no-sell his Intangibility and Non-corporeality, and I don't know how good Dusknoir's Power Nullification is, but Isaac's can nullify almost everything Dusknoir can do, if not just literally all of it. Dusknoir scales from much higher Large Island level+ feats, and Isaac doesn't have many ways of meeting win conditions. Even if he halved Dusknoir's attack and doubled his own, he would still be a bit weaker. He would have to land a really powerful summon to put him down, and for that, I'm going to vote inconclusive.

What I mean is that if the Djinn or Summons are brought into play by Isaac, could Dusknoir stop them with a move like Psychic. As one could see whenever Psychic is used in the anime, a Pokémon can essentially freeze their targets in place, and then toss them around like ragdolls. Now, tossing around something like Gaia may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm wondering if through a move like that, he could render them immobile, at least for a bit.

Isaac's Power Nullification abilities are abilities that nullify status buffs, some innate abilities, and any ability that involves the usage of Psynergy. After analysing Psynergy, that covers quite a lot of bases: spiritual, mental, physical, magical, psychic, and elemental abilities.

@Hadou the AP difference may not be that big of a deal when Isaac has numerous OHK and durability negating abilities.

Well, most of his One-Hit Killing abilities require the opponent to actually be alive for them to wo-

Wait.

remembers that they work on ghosts and dura negation is also factored i

Changing my vote to Isaac for being able to Power Null and then presumably oneshot.

Oh, dang, you're right. Voting for Isaac due to Hadou's reasoning.

Well that's what happens when you have a JRPG with a diverse Job class system.

Eh, was about to bring up the same point that Hadou since Dusknoir is already dead but if the technique has worked on undead/spirits/ghosts in the Golden Sun verse then I see no reason it wouldn't work on Dusknoir. Sadly, the ghost didn't stand a ghost of a chance.

And just got this submitted since it's a decisive win. Can someone close this thread please???

@Gargoyle Nothing, I just felt the need to use that pic cause it looked kinda funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back