• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Vergil's combat speed FTL?

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
You may or may not agree with what I say right now but I whole heartedly believe that Vergil can reach combat speeds of FTL or Sub Relavistic at the least. I will explain why and show feats demonstrating so

Vergil manages to tag Dante avoiding a blitz

Now before you go on about why you think Dante is nowhere near that speed take a look a this scan from the manga. The contents are that Dante gets imapled by a laser beam from an Enigma who are able of shooting demonic laser beams at people. Then Dante manages to avoid 5 laser beams before killing it. And last time I checked laser beams mostly travelled at FTL speeds. And Vergil managed to tag a bloodlusted Dante.

Judgment Cut End

Vergil completley vanishes off screen appearing as he leaves 4 after images go to slice in different places at the same time. He lets loose with a cyclone of slashes devasting anything his path and appears to the centre before his after images do. Yes Vergil does use this move outside of gameplay. He manages to use it against the skeleton army that was present in the illusion. Thats why there where so many corpses there by the way. (Showing the army) (Killing them all) Hope that leaves you satisfied. Also due to him going invisible light was not able to go onto him due to the speed he was going at.

Other feats

Vergil managed to kick at lightning speeds according to the DMC lore. Beowulf Combo y,—,Bx y,Bx y Lightning fast kicks rock an opponent with speed and fury. Official Beowulf move description

Has teleported a estimate of 20 metres in less than a second (pre dmc3)

Has shown tremoundous speed at using Force Edge

Can slow down his perception of time

Slows it down again while cutting up enemies

Blitzes enemies in slow motion,throws his sheath that impales a demon and travels fast enough to throw Yamoto like a boomarang and reseath his sword. All in slow motion.

Conclusion

Vergil is very VERY fast.

I don't really see any mistakes, but then again I don't really know much about DMC. However, considering that Dante is MHS and that currently Vergil is only Hypersonic+ compared to FTL, that doesn't seem very consistent for the DMCverse.

SomebodyStupid said:
I don't really see any mistakes, but then again I don't really know much about DMC. However, considering that Dante is MHS and that currently Vergil is only Hypersonic+ compared to FTL, that doesn't seem very consistent for the DMCverse.
Dante has also managed to tap into extremley fast speeds also. When Vergil and Dante fought they managed to catch the rain and when they clashed blades the rain finally fell down.

Even so Vergil's feats as I have posted would definatley make him out to be FTL

SomebodyStupid said:
Hmmmm, maybe more people should have a take on this
I actually had a chat with The Everlasting and he appears to agree with my take on Vergil's speed. However the more the merrier

SomebodyStupid said:
Nice, you know you're probely right when an admin agrees with you.
Maybe so. But I want to be extremley sure before I make a false claim.

The only reason why there speed is so low is becuase what may of been done is that they just looked at Vergil's travel speed which admittidly does not look impressive and applied it for combat stats also. However Vergil's combat speed as stated is much more impressive than travel speed.

So unless anyone is strongly against my claims I think there wont be much issue with changing Vergils stats to this.

Well, I've always thought of the verse as being FTL, but I was under the notion that no one else agreed with this and therefore didn't bother. Since this is being brought up here, I'll say now I can support this.

There is also Beowulf, who last I checked attacked Dante with actual light, so there's that.

Of course, if Vergil is FTL then a lot of the rest of the verse is as well, so that should be taken into account.

I don't thing his Movment speed is FTL But I do agree his reactions sure are more then likely that (Relativistic at lower ends)

Yeah, afterimages don't necessarily correlate to speed, just for future reference, a lot of characters can do that. What you're banking on is more or less the light beams being actual light.

And honestly, I see no reason to assume they're not, but hey, that's just me.

MethodMan11 said:
We don't know if those lasers are lightspeed at all.

and after images are sure as hell not FTL by anymean
I am not saying its the after images I read the fallacy page.

He just goes so fast that light cannot catchup with him turning Vergil invisible. In short he refracts light during that attack.

I have posted the link of combo videos from both Vergil and Dante with that you can see both of the sons of Sparda at their best

Vergil : [[1]]

Dante : [[2]]

He just goes so fast that light cannot catchup with him turning Vergil invisible. In short he refracts light during that attack.

How do we know he Reflacts light he could simply be moving to fast for the enemy's to see

Dbfan and critic said:
How do we know he Reflacts light he could simply be moving to fast for the enemy's to see

I am not sure what to think of your answer. We can clearly see Vergil goes invisible and stays that way until the move ends.

That's probably just faster-than-the-eye-can-see by a lot. Otherwise, again, a lot of characters would suddenly be FTL.

Not to mention, last I checked it's possible to refract light by moving fast in real life, whereas FTL travel is not, so even if this is the case then it wouldn't quite be that high.

ThePerpetual said:
That's probably just faster-than-the-eye-can-see by a lot. Otherwise, again, a lot of characters would suddenly be FTL.
Not to mention, last I checked it's possible to refract light by moving fast in real life, whereas FTL travel is not, so even if this is the case then it wouldn't quite be that high.
Im not saying Vergil's travel speed is FTL its his combat speed which is. He can completley take down armies of demons/skeletons in less than seconds.

And with powerscaling feats from Dante who managed to fight a being who attacks Dante with pure light and Dante being able to avoid the hits would place his speed under the same belt. And with Vergil being able to tag a bloodlusted amped up Dante its extremley impressive.

Afterimages don´t indicate that high speed, not even close. For the rest: A light speed character could run 7.5 times around earth in a second. Non of that appears even close to FTL speed.

So the thing we really should talk about is Dantes speed.

Dodging lasers is from some distance is only Relativistic+ (except quantified otherwise).

The one thing that already makes me doubtful of that being real photon lasers are that you wrote "demonic laser beams". Light is neither demonic or anything else in that matter, so that description would already hint at that beam being a magical beam and not necessarily real light. Usually lasers also have to show some light like attributes or have in their functionality be closer described, in order to be accepted as real life photon lasers.

DontTalk said:
Afterimages don´t indicate that high speed, not even close. For the rest: A light speed character could run 7.5 times around earth in a second. Non of that appears even close to FTL speed.

So the thing we really should talk about is Dantes speed.

Dodging lasers is from some distance is only Relativistic+ (except quantified otherwise).

The one thing that already makes me doubtful of that being real photon lasers are that you wrote "demonic laser beams". Light is neither demonic or anything else in that matter, so that description would already hint at that beam being a magical beam and not necessarily real light. Usually lasers also have to show some light like attributes or have in their functionality be closer described, in order to be accepted as real life photon lasers.
However Dante was able to avoid AOE attacks from Beowulf that consist of pure light. And Vergil was able to tag Dante and even managed to blitz Beowulf himself.

I am not really familiar with the series, so I can not say much to that like this.

It would be good if you could show the scenes where that happened and the descriptions / attributes that prove that it was real light.

DontTalk said:
I am not really familiar with the series, so I can not say much to that like this.
It would be good if you could show the scenes where that happened and the descriptions / attributes that prove that it was real light.
I will say this again. Vergil has insanley fast combat speeds but not so good travel speeds.

Note how Dante avoids Beowulfs lightblast

Shows the avoiding light feat I mentioned earlier

Is dodging lasers always a FTL feat?... I mean, some characters can dodge stuff because they can anticipate the attack and move accordingly. Is not always that they're FTL.

hmm... what makes you conclude that this is real light?

Also it seems like a pillar of light and he doesn´t dodge in the direction the light rays go, but in the direction the pillar extends into, so that even if it is a photon laser the extension speed of the light pillar would be the speed he dodges, which is not necessarily light speed.

http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/198-laser - Some "real" lasers aren't going to have all the properties of lasers in reality, but it needs at least three of the rules in 2 for it to be a real laser and if it fires in "bolts" or curves it definitely can't be a real laser. Beowulf's laser isn't a real laser as we don't see how it fires, the light can be changed and controlled as a concussive force rather than an actual laser which burns through whatever it hits. And things like that.

Short point to this story. Beowulf's laser isn't real.

Nobody was talking about beowulf's laser though.

He said enigma was firing lasers and Dante dodging them. And "Demonic/hell" elements in DMC are much more powerful than real world elements(hellfire being hotter than magma is an example, fodder demons like Frosts using Ice are canonically absolute zero).

So Vergil ranging from relativistic to LS doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Also there's 2 Dante respect threads in comicvine that shows a lot of feats from Dante dodging laser beam attacks too(there's videos, a lot of them so anyone might want to CTRL+F Light), quite a few really. Dante in DMC1 refracts a laser beam from Mundus and it's pretty clear. The fact that it refracts makes it more obvious.

Dante and Vergil don't move as in running at lightspeed but it's obvious they can fight/react at that kind of speed. I actually never understood why does VSbattles or OBD(well obd is kinda bad but i'm not getting into that) put them in those lower tiers when there's just SO MANY feats, at least for Dante and Vergil/Nelo Angelo can definetely be scaled to some of them.

Inoue211 said:
Nobody was talking about beowulf's laser though.
He said enigma was firing lasers and Dante dodging them. And "Demonic/hell" elements in DMC are much more powerful than real world elements(hellfire being hotter than magma is an example, fodder demons like Frosts using Ice are canonically absolute zero).

So Vergil ranging from relativistic to LS doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Also there's 2 Dante respect threads in comicvine that shows a lot of feats from Dante dodging laser beam attacks too(there's videos, a lot of them so anyone might want to CTRL+F Light), quite a few really. Dante in DMC1 refracts a laser beam from Mundus and it's pretty clear. The fact that it refracts makes it more obvious.

Dante and Vergil don't move as in running at lightspeed but it's obvious they can fight/react at that kind of speed. I actually never understood why does VSbattles or OBD(well obd is kinda bad but i'm not getting into that) put them in those lower tiers when there's just SO MANY feats, at least for Dante and Vergil/Nelo Angelo can definetely be scaled to some of them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Demonic lasers should be alot more potent than ours are. Same goes with weapons,armor and pretty much anything. Atleast class them as the same instead of anything else.

Not unless you prove it. Lasers are lasers. They shouldn't "burn hotter" or "move faster" than actual lasers. If they are light-speed then they work like lasers plain and simple, and yours seem to be the generic kind. So it doesn't matter.

Good for your post and respect threads. What does that have to do with the fact that those lasers aren't real lasers.

Yeah. Yeah I'm baiting you because those aren't real lasers. I'm such a good baiter. Might I use a worm, so that you become the fish. The bait is so tantalizing it consumes your very soul.

But yeah. Not real lasers.

And you know they aren't real lasers because you checked the videos I said. Oh well except you didn't check?

'k.

Cool. So long as we are in agreement that those aren't real lasers. Can someone lock this thread.

Kek. So you don't even bother in doing research and just deny everything because you want to.

This wiki goes from bad to worse every day. Pathetic

I don't do research. You don't know who I am on here. You're pretty funny. May want to search on my profile why that's a silly notion. Might wanna stop being so ridiculous because you aren't getting your way. But ho-hum.

I know pretty well who you are. Do I care? no.

Do you think you're some sort of king and nobody is allowed to go against your "wise" judgement and skills? You're pretty funny.

Might want to stop being so dumb and do some research before denying things you clearly don't know about, people like you drag this wiki down.

Back