• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Vergil's combat speed FTL?

No not at all. I make jokes about how stupid I can be at times, all the time. But sure, make your own little whims about me being the big bad wolf to your notion of light speed. Just because something refracts off a surface doesn't make it light speed. "Demonic attributes are more potent" isn't a good reason to consider something light speed either.

But yes, be the upstart. Overthrow King Davy. Davy takes to taxing too bad, so every tax comes with a joke at your expense. Davy just does everything wrong, he doesn't back-up his claims or anything. He isn't known for understanding concepts outside the box or trying to get one of his most liked series worse off than it was before if the "truth" isn't really the truth. It's not like he doesn't like the Devil May Cry series. Nope, he's just being an a**hole at the expense of one person. Because he's some imaginary king.

Sure, let's go with that, funny dude.

Sure. You still didn't provide any evidence about the several laser beams Dante faces during all DMC games not being light speed. Maybe you want to post some little narutoforums calc or some OBD pixel count or some dumb thing like that? kek.

And stop talking like you're some sort of victim because people don't agree with you, it's pathetic man.

Simply because either they were aim-dodging them, and to the fact that the guys have problems dodging volley of bullets in cutscene power to the max. Take your pick.

The fact that he got hit by the first one, and then started dodging the other tells me nothing. Cutting bullets (I didn't say they couldn't dodge them) doesn't mean anything. Doesn't mean characters can't take hits from bullets and have. Through obvious battles such as Vergil and his brother Dante, unless I'm mistaken, Ebony and Ivory are the main weapons used by Dante. Maybe it's his demonic power boosting their speed to further compliment fighting demons, but they still have problems dodging them in some instances.

Dodging the lasers five times after taking a hit, you don't understand that after taking the hit that he could have judged the trajectory or how it worked from taking said hit. So why couldn't he? It means that all he would need to do is use that first shot to take into account how to dodge the first laser beam instead of taking more. That way, he wouldn't take anymore. Are we saying that batman is supersonic after taking a single bullet and then dodging them consecutively, because that's still aim dodging.

I'm guessing an inexperienced demon hunter and expert combatant doesn't learn from their mistakes now. That's hilarious.

Davy0 said:
The fact that he got hit by the first one, and then started dodging the other tells me nothing. Cutting bullets (I didn't say they couldn't dodge them) doesn't mean anything. Doesn't mean characters can't take hits from bullets and have. Through obvious battles such as Vergil and his brother Dante, unless I'm mistaken, Ebony and Ivory are the main weapons used by Dante. Maybe it's his demonic power boosting their speed to further compliment fighting demons, but they still have problems dodging them in some instances.
Dodging the lasers five times after taking a hit, you don't understand that after taking the hit that he could have judged the trajectory or how it worked from taking said hit. So why couldn't he? It means that all he would need to do is use that first shot to take into account how to dodge the first laser beam instead of taking more. That way, he wouldn't take anymore. Are we saying that batman is supersonic after taking a single bullet and then dodging them consecutively, because that's still aim dodging.

I'm guessing an inexperienced demon hunter and expert combatant doesn't learn from their mistakes now. That's hilarious.
Dante has tanked a laser. Why would you even say he cant tank a bullet after I showed you that.

You saying Dante is aim dodging is assuming things Dante gets hit from behind then blitzes the Enigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs

Except before that he knew that Red Hood had the gun. And that Red Hood would aim for his head, because Batman had a good deal of experience with dealing with guns before that. So Batman is capable of discerning when someone is about to shoot through context clues and the like. Has an excellent source of hearing (meaning he can tell when a gun is about to fire) and can thus manage to dodge it. If you couldn't tell, before the bullet was about to fire, he'd even readied himself to take out Red Hood should he have needed to. Even gesturing his head as he readied to fire the gun. He had all the cues to dodge the gun, so that makes the "Super Sonic Reflexes" thing less credible. If he hadn't showed said cues, it would have been more of a believable feat.

I never stated he couldn't tank a bullet. I said they had problems dealing with an excesssive amount of them. Sorry if you didn't understand that. Dante's an Island Level Buster and tanks those regularly, why wouldn't he be capable of tanking a bullet (a regular one anyway).

Doesn't change the fact does it.

Davy0 said:
I never stated he couldn't tank a bullet. I said they had problems dealing with an excesssive amount of them. Sorry if you didn't understand that. Dante's an Island Level Buster and tanks those regularly, why wouldn't he be capable of tanking a bullet (a regular one anyway).
Doesn't change the fact does it.

Yeah too bad Dante has had gunfights where he litreally shoots the bullets to knock them away reacting to each and every one. I would post a gif/link but I cant be bothered to atm.

(Face palms and sighs) You didn't just see what I said did you... Yet you're asking me to believe in what you're trying to state. That's a riot.

Which isn't relevant in the slightest when you literally watch him move out of the bullet's way after it fires, and faster than the bullet moves as well. No amount of preparing for something makes you faster, let alone superhumanly so to such a degree.

Except Batman is Faster Than the Eye, which would give him enough speed to do that, but not outright dodge a consecutive number of bullets like crazy. Otherwise their would be no need for him to have aim-dodging and still aim-dodge in his more prominent roles in comics.

That is what we call a low-end feat, those happen all the time. Besides, just because you are fast enough to dodge something doesn't mean you successfully will every single time.

Yes, and that's why he's staying at Faster Than the Eye, unless you can show me more times when he didn't used some sort of special movement (such as shifting, hop-stepping, cuing) to dodge bullets. He's not low-end Supersonic, he's faster than the eye, he readies himself. Batman is preparedness incarnate.

From the looks of things Vergil's either Massivley Hypersonic or Sub Revalistic in combat speeds due to tagging laser dodger Dante and his incredibly fast Judgment cut.

Actual Sub-Relativistic Combat Speed, After-images are something many fictions can accomplish. Humans can accomplish it by punching at a fast rate (martial artists like boxers handspeeds) or even waving their hands back and forth. Dodging something without it being as much of a problem, etc. It's more of an ease thing in my book. How easily, how effortlessly can one accomplish this. But it's not really on me though. It's about what the whole of VS Battle thinks. If Vs Battle thinks they are Sub-Relative I'm inclined to believe you, as this place is more a democracy and I accept it if people who I know have good credentials, who understand how the characters and mechanics work, who are calculators, etc... Know what they are saying. And I would be inclined to believe them because of their proofs, and how they do their own work.

Oh and PS.

I do like being called a King though. I didn't know I had that kinda sway over people. YO! EVERYONE! MY NAME IS NOW KING DAVY! RESPECT ME AS YOUR RULER AND ALL AROUND COMICAL JESTER! LOVE AND WORSHIP ME!

Davy0 said:
Actual Sub-Relativistic Combat Speed, After-images are something many fictions can accomplish. Humans can accomplish it by punching at a fast rate (martial artists like boxers handspeeds) or even waving their hands back and forth. Dodging something without it being as much of a problem, etc. It's more of an ease thing in my book. How easily, how effortlessly can one accomplish this. But it's not really on me though. It's about what the whole of VS Battle thinks. If Vs Battle thinks they are Sub-Relative I'm inclined to believe you, as this place is more a democracy and I accept it if people who I know have good credentials, who understand how the characters and mechanics work, who are calculators, etc... Know what they are saying. And I would be inclined to believe them because of their proofs, and how they do their own work.

So you want me to show you actual sub revalistic combat speed or anything suggesting it? Ill take the challenge.

Like I said, ask someone else about it. I'm done with arguing as I've made up my mind until I see what others state.

Back