• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this considered a form of Durability Negation?

I doubt it, though I'm not sure about reality, bones and muscles are generally seen as the toughest body parts in fiction.

Of course in certain cases it could, such as when dealing with force fields, armor, and people who use techniques that specifically act like an external defense, or toughen the skin or muscles. But it would be case by case.

Blahblah9755 said:
I doubt it, though I'm not sure about reality, bones and muscles are generally seen as the toughest body parts in fiction.
He doesn't only affect the spine with his Telekinesis, he can affect organs with it as well.

Oh, I didn't see your reply, sorry. Directly attacking/affecting vital organs is a form of partial durability negation. It's actually the first one listed on the Durability Negation page, its effectiveness would depend on the opponent though.

Well, depends on the context.

If the target's innards are explicitly shown to be less durable than the outside (i.e. Berserker surviving Excalibur Morga head-on when Caliburn killed him seven times after cutting into him), then yeah, that would be true.

But if this has been shown to not be the case (i.e. characters who eat bombs), then it would not be.

That's a good point. However shouldn't it be the opposite? Unless stated otherwise, a character's organs are supposed to be weaker than the outside?

@Scarlet

Probably, given that punching someone in the heart directly would do much more damage than punching someone in the chest normally.

Back