• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there any verse type that you stay away from?

I don't mean verses by name. But like you go "Oh, I liked this verse. I'd like to work on their pages." Then you see what you have to work with and then you go "Nope, someone else deal with this."

I'll go first
Verses that have huge inconsistencies between their lore and the medium that you experience. I mostly deal with video games so I'm talking about when you see God, creator of the infinite multiverse and his children who can travel across the infinite multiverse, and they get taken out by a farmboy with a rusty sword.

I mean by scaling the farm boy should get both infinite speed and, what, multiversal AP. So he better never have needed to take a carriage anywhere. Or missed the train. Or been unable to escape human jail cells. Here lies the rub. Fiction makes up whatever rules it wants especially with godly beings. I've seen God and his children nearly get gunned down by the LAPD and that is not an exaggeration. If an author so chooses, he can make god have an allergic reaction to an apple. I can understand the idea of nerfing something to make a game playable. But at some point of time it just becomes too messy.

So if you're a warrior of infinite speed and you took an entire day to stop a finite army of demons of finite speed? Or the game lets me kill god or demi god with a garden shovel? Yeah, I ain't dealin with dat shit.

Verses that are too large/convoluted.
Needs no explanation. DC/Marvel have entire pages talking about how things scale. And the description about everything scaling to Aunt May sums it up.

Not dealin with that. If you have a ninja who can block bullets with ease and you have a normal guy who has to take cover from arrows. Then those two face off in an even fight? Yeah, I'm not dealing with discussions that the guy who can't handle arrows will speed scale to the guy who can handle bullets.

Shit that deals with light and lightning.
Ok, I guess I shouldn't put it like that. Some of the pages I work on deal with those.

But let me put it this way. Lightning and light rarely move at the right speeds in fiction. They might or they might not. But as you might notice from the speed ratings lighting is several orders of magnitudes faster than modern ballistics So if you can casually dodge lighting, if I jump on a minigun and start shooting at you, your first instinct better not be to run and find cover. And if you're faster than light, if I take a laser pointer and start clicking it very fast, you better never get touched.

Here's the thing. Is the killer glow stick thrown at you actually moving at the speed of light then slowed down for a better viewing experience? Or is it really just a killer glowstick even if it does bounce of mirrors?

So if there's somebody with light speed or, hell, lightning speed ratings, that person better be able go zip zip zipping around Vergil-style and singing Bury the Light else I ain't touchin that. Somebody else can work out the logistics of their speed.

Anyways, that's my three.
What type of verses will you never touch?

Nasuverse, the last event got me hooked up because it was Latin America related, but before and likely afterwards I don't want to be around it.

Puella Magi, for reasons too old to explain.

Marvel Comics, I barely read any comics outside the monthly Iron Man, my interest has been burn out very greatly.
Etc.

Genshin Impact
Fn1Ep47aEAEOLoY.png

Also, MHA and CSM.
Can't stand em.

Any verse that necessitates reading through every piece of lore available to get a proper rating, mostly.

Like there are some interesting Indies games out there where I feel like they definitely DESERVE profiles, but I'm not going to scour through every stray document and info dump just to get a universal rating or some shit-

Any verse that necessitates reading through every piece of lore available to get a proper rating, mostly.

Like there are some interesting Indies games out there where I feel like they definitely DESERVE profiles, but I'm not going to scour through every stray document and info dump just to get a universal rating or some shit-
sadly, the more you delve into battleboarding, the more your mind will seek out the feat/abilities/statement

which brings me to this, any verse that don't have a lot of fans in battleboarding sense i tend to avoid in making the profile

sadly, the more you delve into battleboarding, the more your mind will seek out the feat/abilities/statement
Batteboarding can be legitimate brain rot sometimes icl.

Was reading this fable/philosophy book, where the main protagonist shapeshifted himself into wind and destroyed an entire army base. and My FIRST THOUGHT was wondering how much that would yield if someone calced it 😭. actual goonery.

Any verse that has a bunch of novels that are also canon to the main material that provide a hyper goon tier 1 rating and a bunch of hax.

Verses like DMC and Nasuverse get 99% of their hax and ratings from side-material and its GOOFY.

Honkai Impact.

The verse was overhauled a while ago, the pages were nuked, I have to look at mangas, novels, game and even past events of the game. The verse is now 4-B but can go up to 3-A to L-2C, L-1C to H-1C/1-A+. I would have to figure scaling, re-add some things that were removed from the Honkai energy page, re-create some pages, having to worry about cross-scaling from GGZ (that only exists in China), argue against supporters who have different views on scaling.

Any verse that has a bunch of novels that are also canon to the main material that provide a hyper goon tier 1 rating and a bunch of hax.

Verses like DMC and Nasuverse get 99% of their hax and ratings from side-material and its GOOFY.
Oof, Nasuverse. I feel that in my gut. Especially since what they cover is absurdly disconnected, their expanded stuff is talking about 10th dimensional beings and weapons that are 'the embodiment of cutting'. Buzz word salad? No thanks. I love Fate because of Saber but someone else can deal with dat shit.

Pretty much any verse that's in a rare and/or complex language where different translations contradict each other where just a single sentence can determine if a verse reaches tier 2 or tier 6 (depending on who ask and without using a WoG leading question).

Also any verse with several feats like this: Character A sliced a tree in half to gets some wood to build a fire however (insert a bunch of mathematical jargon with pseudo-norse mythology that makes the tree a 1-A structure) the fire is a "meta archetypal principle" that burns the very core ideas of what it means to be "real" and blah blah blah High 1-A burns!

^Pretty much any vain attempt to make a verse with complex and nuanced themes while attempting sound highly intelligent and epic yet in actuality its just a convoluted mess of stupidity, that smells of battle-boarding bait!

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, purely because I’ve heard exclusively unsavory things about its fanbase.

Genshin Impact for obvious reasons.

MHA (I actually like the series, I just got burned out at how mid it is at some point and haven’t touched the manga since).

Dragon Ball Heroes because it sucks

MHA (I actually like the series, I just got burned out at how mid it is at some point and haven’t touched the manga since).
Agreed it doesn't help the anime incessantly likes to water down key moments from the manga (moreso for the villain characters). After I realize
whenever MHA actually remembers other heroes from other nations with Star and Stripe, well she's literally brought in just to die (Shigaraki literally was given plot armour by OFA that protected him from New Order lol!) nerfing the main villain for the final act, what a way to treat the "world's strongest woman" or "America's No1 hero".
that's when I knew how small the worldbuilding was becoming.

Back