• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a reasonable reason as to why lifting strength bypasses telekinesis

Sniper670

He/Him
Why should your ability to lift a mountain stop me from telekinetically lifting you up exactly? Let's assume I've only been known to lift a just very fat human

Do you weigh as much as a mountain? I'm missing the logic here

It doesn't by itself actually, the reason why it tends to is because the character has flight, so they can push at any direction and thus cancel your telekinesis.

If not, the only thing they can cancel is attempts at immobilizing and pushing back them

That depends on whether or not a character has "super-anchoring", some do show such feats, others don't.
Also, characters whose powers make them their own leverage, should be able to overpower telekinesis, given sufficient stats.

What the others said. It's a misconception that higher LS by itself allows you to resist telekinesis unless stated or shown otherwise. Usually you'd also need flight in tandem to make that Resistance and LS from telekinesis stick.

Case by case, normally it doesn't unless there are either statements about the ability to resist telekinesis. Or a character with super human lifting strength can fly down harder than a telekinesis user can attempt to lift them or something like those lines.

Higher Lifting Strength typically does not equate to Resistance to Telekinesis. In fact, quite the opposite; bypassing Telekinesis through sheer force equates to a comparable Lifting Strength, rather than the latter automatically countering the former.

its just pushing against the TK with your lifting strength, if you have flight or leverage to push off of

Anyway about flight

Is flight anchored to LS in order to bypass TK?

I don't really see the difference between flight and running, and why flying will bypass it🤔

I assume with flight you would be able to exert your own force and leverage to move, even if you are being restrained in mid-air.

Of course this is only applicable to mind-related flight, if you depend on wings to flight and they can't move, then you will probably not be able to exert any force and move.

If said character can fly, i guess they can cancel the Telekinesis (if they have higher lifting strength)

Could someone with energy manipulation just.. cause an explosion of energy around themselves to break the tele? Sense the explosion orginates from then and the tele would effectively be trying to hold it on?

Could someone with energy manipulation just.. cause an explosion of energy around themselves to break the tele? Sense the explosion orginates from then and the tele would effectively be trying to hold it on?
I mean, if they've shown to be capable of doing that (like starkiller, for example, can break out of Darth Vader's telekinesis by doing something similar) then sure.

if they've never shown to be able to do that, probably not.

Back