• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting Strength page revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved this thread to our staff forum, as it concerns a policy page revision, and all such discussions should always be handled here.

Can somebody explain what needs to be evaluated here, along with the conclusions here so far, please?

I moved this thread to our staff forum, as it concerns a policy page revision, and all such discussions should always be handled here.

Can somebody explain what needs to be evaluated here, along with the conclusions here so far, please?
Basically, the current lifting strength rules allow any being if 4D and above natural existence to gain immeasurable lifting strength since they -by virtue of being 4D- would not have a lower limit than a 3D being can measure . Zamasu from DBS therefore was brought up in a CRT to gain this, the OP disagreed with the notion that simply being a 4D existence allowed this and made this thread to re-evaluate the lifting strength rules

I believe the OP is trying to argue that a 4D being must move or carry a 4D object before immeasurable strength should be given

Okay. I think that @Eficiente seems to make sense in that case, given that fiction is recurrently inconsistent in this area.

Last edited:
But the fact that their body is 4D would mean that they can literally support 4D weight wouldn't it?

I mean, unless the alternative is that they have 0 LS, I'd the argument is that they haven't shown the feat of lifting anything

You can't assign a 3D strength tier to a 4D organism (in terms of its existence, not simply ascending to a higher dimension), unless I am wrong

to all regular users: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules#Staff_Forum_Discussions
  • Only staff members with evaluation rights can authorize regular members to participate in Staff Discussion threads. Thread Moderators and Administrators can only grant permission for a single post at a time; only Bureaucrats have the discretion to grant permission for indefinite posting rights. If a staff member determines that a regular member has misused their granted privileges, another staff member can remove them.
post where you got permission to talk in this staff thread or stop commenting, of course, i am kind of breaking this rule myself now, but i feel like someone should say this before things go out of hand, if staff sees problem with me doing this i would appreciate a notification so that i will not do it again, nut i still belive someone should talk about it for normal users

When Lifting Strength allows lift or move a space-time continuum / an area of space that is [[Tiering System FAQ#Q: What is qualitative superiority?|qualitatively superior]] than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space, and up to any bigger, more complex structures. This spaces don't inhereditary have a weight on this level opposing any force trying to move them (Unless specific franchises may have it as such), meaning that simply being as large as them doesn't grant this level of Lifting Strength, it needs to be proven through [[feats]] or [[Powerscaling|scaling]].

I'd add some clarifications here, since this gives off the impression that you absolutely need to be shown lifting something to have Immeasurable Lifting Strength, which certainly doesn't apply to all cases. Say, suppose there's a higher plane that sees the universe as fiction, but is, from its own perspective, a perfectly normal world. Even lifting a cup in there would be Immeasurable Lifting Strength, which is obviously something that we can take characters who live there as being able to do for granted.

I'd add some clarifications here, since this gives off the impression that you absolutely need to be shown lifting something to have Immeasurable Lifting Strength, which certainly doesn't apply to all cases. Say, suppose there's a higher plane that sees the universe as fiction, but is, from its own perspective, a perfectly normal world. Even lifting a cup in there would be Immeasurable Lifting Strength, which is obviously something that we can take characters who live there as being able to do for granted.
Fair enough, it was mostly focused that simply being Omnipresent won't grant it. But lifting upper dimensional object such as a sheet of paper containing a timeline due to being native of a qualitively superior realm to a universe still counts.

I would argue that's not the impression it gives, but sure. Doing that is a feat by explaining the setting, so something is lifted.

Regardless, putting the descriptions of Infinite and Imm. outside the list the page has makes so it's less wonky to increase the amount of text they have, so that could be done if something about it is added.

I think that Ultima's suggested adjustment seems fine to apply.

Not up to me. Ultima Reality wanted to add (/ change?) some wording, or maybe he doesn't mind that anymore.

^ This was the issue I had with the current wording on the Lifting Strength page, specifically with the "Being as large as said structures doesn't give you this rating" thing. I'm not exactly sure how I'd convey the idea in few terms, at the moment, though, so I welcome suggestions on all fronts.

Okay. Thank you for your reply.

Are any of the rest of you here willing to help out in that regard please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back