• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a formula to calculate the force of a landing? (Knowing speed and mass)

Well I just mean the force generated or the force applied to an object upon impact with the ground, thanks for the formula by the way.
For force, it depends but its usually
F = M * A
M = Mass
A = Acceleration, with the answers being in newtons.
To convert that to joules, use...
W = F * Displacement (Distance in meters) for Joules.

Though, I might be using the wrong thing, give more context?

For force, it depends but its usually
F = M * A
M = Mass
A = Acceleration, with the answers being in newtons.
To convert that to joules, use...
W = F * Displacement (Distance in meters) for Joules.

Though, I might be using the wrong thing, give more context?
So in Murder Drones Epsiode 4: Cabin Fever (Around 17:32 - 19:07), Uzi gets thrown into the air and then crash lands back down. I'm trying to calculate how much force she tanked.

OOOOOH. GPE would work. Simply find the distance and weight of Uzi.
I ended up using the website (Approximating Uzi's weight with the ASIMO robot which is almost the same size as Uzi), but the calcs ended up being at Wall Level which is less than Uzi's current tier (Small Building), so I guess this one was a bit of a waste of time.

After a bit, you will hit Terminal Velocity, at which point, it's just KE=1/2mv², where v is the terminal velocity. For a human, it's 52 or 53 m/s, and they hit terminal velocity at around 450 meters.

After a bit, you will hit Terminal Velocity, at which point, it's just KE=1/2mv², where v is the terminal velocity. For a human, it's 52 or 53 m/s, and they hit terminal velocity at around 450 meters.
So you can use the formula for Kinetic Energy to calculate the force she took right?

Back