• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a clac for reducing people to ashes

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
In Outer Worlds, plasma hits can reduce people to a pile of dust, is there an already set calc for something like that?

DontTalkDT made one long ago, I think it was 9-A, but it may vary depending of the mass of the affected.

Are they instantly reduced to ashes? Also, does the weapon have an official description?

That do not seems a conventional reducing to ashes/sublimination effect, it seems more like a type of transmutation; as subliminating ones blood would cause the body to explode (that is not the case here).

It's specifically the plasma's heat that is doing that, though it is rather weird.

N-rays can also have the same effect (wtih the same animation but with purple), but that makes the target release radiation until they fall apart.

Also, note that a pile of ash is left behind after the plasma and N-ray hits, hence why I wanted to assume that the water is vaporized.

Sorry for triple post, but one of the game achievments directly says: We All Fall Dow

Turn 100 enemies to ash with plasma damage

I don't think its AP, but rather, anyone stroke by the weapon its infused with radiation that cause some kind of atomic dissociation that slowly makes the target to fall apart (as the attack do not one-shot, consder it radiant damage).

Antoniofer said:
I don't think its AP, but rather, anyone stroke by the weapon its infused with radiation that cause some kind of atomic dissociation that slowly makes the target to fall apart (as the attack do not one-shot, consder it radiant damage).
That's the N-rays. There is also plasma which is... plasma.

A rifle which fires balls of super-heated plasma, which can be overcharged for a larger blast. This weapon consumes ammunition quickly, and its plasma balls have a medium-sized blast radius.

Well, I'm pretty sure it would not scale to AP with the new heat crt anyways, so whatever.

The temperature in wich its heated would be needed if the target its not one-shotted (don't think that going for the head counts).

Oh, you can do that. Pretty much everyone on Terra 2, from the above shown Primals to most people, die in a single hit. Humans (except the player with perks) need armor with plasma resistance to take the blasts.

There was a calc based on the temperatures used in cremations. It was '''Small Building level'''.

Reducing humans to ashes is the same as vaporizing them. 9-A.

Pretty sure their flesh isn't vaporized, but since the water vaping alone is 9-A, that likely scales still.

And best of all, the same weapons can be modded to create kinetic energy and electric discharge while maintaining the same damage, so it probably scales to AP in general.

I've seen some energy beams vaporize weaklings and physically push back people durable enough to not die on the first go and sometimes even send them flying so yeah, it prolly would work.

Back