• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is STTGL too OP to use in versus threads?

Merely because of the fact that he can change the probability of... anything.

Which means anyone who hasn't shown, or been outright stated to have that power, can't defeat him, due to STTGL being able to change the probability of being hit by their attack.

Probability control is pretty much useless against anything on a higher scale than STTGL, so no. Not to mention most things above its tier already have that power or powers to counter that.

No. It has already been defeated by the Demi-Fiend in a matchup. Now if you were to say Elder God Demonbane or Yog-Sothoth, then I might agree with you.

KuuIchigo said:
No? STTGL can be defeated.
How though? STTGL can change the probability of ANYTHING. Lets say "The Creator" from Umineko tries to wipe him from existence or something. By just thinking, STTGL can change the probability of him being wiped from existence completely instantly to 0. It basically makes any attack you can think of moot since he can just change the probability of it hurting him.

Jmanghan said:
KuuIchigo said:
How though? STTGL can change the probability of ANYTHING. Lets say "The Creator" from Umineko tries to wipe him from existence or something. By just thinking, STTGL can change the probability of him being wiped from existence completely instantly to 0. It basically makes any attack you can think of moot since he can just change the probability of it hurting him.
It isn't exactly limited to how much more powerful the character is then him, either.

Jmanghan said:
It isn't exactly limited to how much more powerful the character is then him, either.
Yes, it is. Besides, as I said, almost everything beyond STTGL has far, faaaaaaaar better powers than that, anyway. As for the creator, you do realize this is a being that is unimaginable to entities who toy with states of existence that STTGL couldn't even dream of reaching, right?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Probability control is pretty much useless against anything on a higher scale than STTGL, so no. Not to mention most things above its tier already have that power or powers to counter that.
...It isn't limited to someone more powerful then him though.

Jmanghan said:
...It isn't limited to someone more powerful then him though.
Yes, it is. That is a huge NLF. Again, as I said, STTGL's probability control is some of the best you can get from its level, but almost everything beyond it has powers far, far greater than that.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Jmanghan said:
Yes, it is. Besides, as I said, almost everything beyond STTGL has far, faaaaaaaar better powers than that, anyway. As for the creator, you do realize this is a being that is unimaginable to entities who toy with states of existence that STTGL couldn't even dream of reaching, right?
Ok, I have an example, the Anti-Spiral, in the movie, at any time, could've become bigger, and more powerful then TTGL, as shown once STTGL is created. Yet even though the Anti-Spiral was more powerful then TTGL, it still wasn't able to bypass their Probability Alteration.

You realize STTGL did the same thing, right? The AS was never really beyond Team Dai Gurren, at least not by a significant amount. There are a significant amount of things far beyond STTGL's plane of existence, which not only wouldn't care about lower dimensional probability, but could also bypass everything it could do and simply make it cease to exist on a conceptual level.

Jmanghan said:
KuuIchigo said:
How though? STTGL can change the probability of ANYTHING. Lets say "The Creator" from Umineko tries to wipe him from existence or something. By just thinking, STTGL can change the probability of him being wiped from existence
Yep, Beatrice's lowest manifestation can beat the Creator because she is immune to probability manipulation due to her infinite nothingness nature.

Oh, no, she can't. Because she is crap tier in the verse.

Natse said:
No. It has already been defeated by the Demi-Fiend in a matchup. Now if you were to say Elder God Demonbane or Yog-Sothoth, then I might agree with you.
You're putting a 2-C to 2-B(don't remember the exact tier) against two 1-A seems unfair

OtakuLife101 said:
You're putting a 2-C to 2-B(don't remember the exact tier) against two 1-A seems unfair
I'm pretty sure he meant Elder God Demonbane and Yog were too OP for vs matches, not that they should be put against STTGL.

Bit of a necro, but no, plenty of characters make STTGL run for his money. He's strong, but a joke compared to the likes of Elder God Demonbane. A multiversal should be enough to best STTGL, forget trying to pit him against the likes of hyperversal or higher.

Eh, no, just no.

A 5-dimensional entity would curb stomp STTGL, and an 6-dimensional entity would curb stomp said 5-dimensional entity, and an 7-dimensional entity would curb stomp said 6-dimensional entity, and an 8-dimensional entity would curb stomp said 7-dimensional entity, and an 9-dimensional entity would curb stomp said 8-dimensional entity, and an 10-dimensional entity would curb stomp said 9-dimensional entity, and this goes on and on, till infinity.

Pitting STTGL who is "only" 2-C against 1-A entities would be an massive spite match. You can forget about High 1-A figures like EGD.

Not even KIND of. I could give you several characters that could beat STTGL so easily, it would be pitiful. But so as not to derail the topic of this thread, I'll refrain from doing so. The person above me pretty much summed up the reasons why probability control means less than nothing against anyone higher tier than it.

Yep, Beatrice's lowest manifestation can beat the Creator because she is immune to probability manipulation due to her infinite nothingness nature.

Oh, no, she can't. Because she is crap tier in the verse.

Sarcasm aside I agree with this. Several beings have similar or far better hax abilities to SSTGL, if they are are faced with someone of a higher Tier then a curbstomp battle of epic proportions would occur. Just look at Lambadalta, the witch of certainty, vs Featherine.

While beings of lower tiers can harm beings of higher tiers people forget that this does not apply to all characters but rather, characters who are "glass canons" so to speak (for eg.Saruhi) especially when Low 2-C and higher are involved where the concept of infinity is introduced and accentuated with each higher level.

Jmanghan said:
KuuIchigo said:
LMAO

Back