• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Magic in Fairy Tail increases physical abilities?

For exmplse,Natsu wasn't able tobeat s little monster without his fire magic,is that mean that his striking strength are far weaker and cant be scale to his feats when he use fire magic or mgaic increases physical abilities?

It is implied that magical power does in fact amp up their physical strength and defence e.g everyone was concerned when Laxus took a blast from Hades without any magical power in his body, but like with my Laxus example it doesn't have to be overt or obvious- Natsu was strong enough to pick up a stone slab many times his size without any obvious use of magic though his magical power wasn't hindered in any way

Also that isn't a "little" monster- looks like it's the size of a small bus

^I kinda dont really understand what you said,how you know that Natsu is capble to lift a stone slab many times his size due to his magic and not just due to his physical strength?

I said it's implied that magic amps their physical strength.

First chapter of FT, Natsu literally lifts and swings around the mast of a ship here then later during the Edolas arc Natsu can't fight the monster as u linked above then later in the Tenrou island arc everyone is concerned Laxus took a blast from Hades with no magic power and then later still Natsu picks up a stone slab many times his size.

Considering all these situations, the Edolas arc was the one time that his magic wasn't available to him and he didn't show his typical unnatural strength, that's why I said that it's implied magic boosts their natural physical strength- note I'm not saying this is correct but that's the implication.

i dont see how this connect,i means Natsu lift that mast in chapter 1,that stone slab feat was in almost 400 chapter latter,it can be just his own physical strength that increase since than,not that the magic make him stronger

Ur reading too much into the feats themselves and not the circumstances surrounding said feats. In chapter 1 Natsu's magic wasn't hindered in anyway and he showed off supernatural physical strength, in the link u posted almost a 100 chapters later his magic is cut off from him and he can't display those levels of supernatural strength then 400 chapters later- from chapter 1- his magic isn't hindered from him and he shows impressive physical power. Those 3 events suggest that quite a bit of his strength is from his magic power.

But again I stress this is only an assumption based on the evidence we have, there might be other cases where he still displays superhuman strength without his magic and that would make all I've said void and what happened in the Edolas arc PIS or simply an outlier

It's just a gag scene. Natsu wrecked a building quite a lot bigger than that monster with a normal punch. I mean in gag scenes Lucy one shots Natsu several times.

Did he destroy buildings only with his physical power? not with his magic?

Ethernano in the Fairy Tail verse has a lot in common with "chi" from other verses and does indeed amp physical stats except in certain cases. That's why Natsu & Wendy without magic are weak to the point that some fodder footsoldiers could capture them easily. With magic, they could have pummelled the lot of them no problem with physical strikes alone.

As for examples, I believe Davidsteel1 is doing a good job of providing them.

Those footsoldiers had magical weapons so no it's not just fodders, even with magic during GMG Natsu had troubles fighting foot soldiers cause of their weapons.

This is just a gag scene nothing else.

What's most affected by the lack of magic is their stamina.

Back