• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it accepted that anime Goku Black can transform into a regular Super Saiyan based on Toriyama's notes?

I'm not sure, but SSR is supposed to give identical buffs as going from base form to SSB.

I'm not sure, but SSR is supposed to give identical buffs as going from base form to SSB.
I'm aware. I'm simply asking if its accepted on this wiki that he could've transformed into a regular Super Saiyan since he was noted by WoG to be capable of that before his zenkai boosts that granted him Super Saiyan Rosé

I know that, in fact that was the point. Trunks was also able to toss aside SSR Goku Black in his SSJ2 form shortly after; that's just a showcase consistency that zenkais often buff Goku and Vegeta to where even a post zenkai base saiyan sometimes surpasses a pre-zenkai SSB. Vegeta went from getting stomped by a base Goku Black to eventually being able to stomp a SSR Goku. Same sort of thing happened between Goku and Vegeta back in U6, and happens multiple times throughout ToP. Then came the Broly movie where Goku initially matched a wrath state Broly in base form when Vegeta couldn't in blue.

I was responding to Null there.

As for if Black is capable of turning into regular SSJ, I don't think there was any discussions about that. I personally don't mind the idea that he can, but he never did transform like that.

Yes there is. He achieved it after imprinting on his first battle with Goku
No, he copied Goku fighting style, as he said: this fighting style suit this body more. Nothing stated he Zenkai his way to Rose. He achieved Rose off-screen. But to be fair SSB is just SSJ but use God Ki instead, as Black stated the color of Blue is the result of mortal using God power, so SSR is just SSB version of Black which while not directly stated, most assumed that it is due to Zamasu being already divine being

No, he copied Goku fighting style, as he said: this fighting style suit this body more. Nothing stated he Zenkai his way to Rose. He achieved Rose off-screen. But to be fair SSB is just SSJ but use God Ki instead, as Black stated the color of Blue is the result of mortal using God power, so SSR is just SSB version of Black which while not directly stated, most assumed that it is due to Zamasu being already divine being
He kept his base power low enough to take a beating that he could recover and get stronger from. Mind you, Trunks said Goku Black in his base form is stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku, but he was holding back so he could properly imprint on his fight with Super Saiyan 2 Goku. I'm not denying he copied Goku's fighting style, but he also deliberately abused the Saiyan Power to get an increase

Yeah. Zamasu directly said it in the manga and while the anime doesn't have it, Black do say that with Rosé he finally caught up to Goku's transformation, referring to SSB

He kept his base power low enough to take a beating that he could recover and get stronger from. Mind you, Trunks said Goku Black in his base form is stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku, but he was holding back so he could properly imprint on his fight with Super Saiyan 2 Goku. I'm not denying he copied Goku's fighting style, but he also deliberately abused the Saiyan Power to get an increase
1. Trunks only guessing that Black probably stronger than SSJ3 Goku, but even then Black still need to get pretty serious to fight SSJ2 Goku, so your headcanon is kinda not work actually
2. No one said he not increased in power, but nothing indicated that he somehow magically get a new transformation because he get only one beating from Goku
3. With Goku body and possibly his memory along with what was shown on Godtube the U7 vs U6 tournament, Black is know well about SSJ and SSB, and has them, problem is how to transform, which happened entirely off-screen, unlike Manga he did Zenkai his way to SSR

So what if it happened off screen? You said it yourself, he was unable to transform into the divine form. That is, until we see him able to do it, AFTER he got the zenkai

I'm not saying this under the impression that he didn't know of the divine form, but that he was unable to until y'know

And though they don't explicitly say it, context points toward the zenkai boost advancing him to be able to transform into a Super Saiyan Rosé

In Episode 50, Goku Black got a taste of the "power of the Super Saiyan, Son Goku".

In Episode 51, Goku Black resolved to conquer the power that he witnessed during his fight with Super Saiyan Goku, the memories of their battle having engrained themselves in his very body and soul which allowed him to access more of Goku's abilities.

In Episode 56, Goku Black confessed to not even knowing what a Saiyan wielding God Ki looked like...

...but still confidently declared that he had mastered Goku's power.

What say you?

In Episode 56, Goku Black confessed to not even knowing what a Saiyan wielding God Ki looked like...
He meant in the flesh

When Black was still Zamasu, he saw Goku's match with Hit on GodTube. He knows what the form is. Black just wanted to witness it firsthand

Back