• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is existing in a place of no life or death type 2 transduality?

Although i have come to the conclusion that it might be, I've been told its not, since removing them is not a form of "transcendence" although they exist in a place without it

If I walked into another Dimension where Life and Death do not exist, then I would not have Transduality. It's simply an aspect of the dimension I entered and would disappear if I fought anywhere else.

The whole point of transduality, is to live independently of a duality. The Difference in existing in a dimension with life and death and one without is whether someone is capable of existing so. Life cannot "live" in a place with no "life" nor can the dead live in a place with no "death". Another example is conceptual manipulation, if the concept of humanity is gone all of humanity would be gone with it. Simply just saying anyone can live in any dimension even though the concept(s) they abide by was removed could be seen as a falicious, since not everyone has concept resistance

Last edited:
The whole point of transduality, is to live independently of a duality. The Difference in existing in a dimension with life and death and one without is whether someone is capable of existing so. Life cannot "live" in a place with no "life" nor can the dead live in a place with no "death". Another example is conceptual manipulation, if the concept of humanity is gone all of humanity would be gone with it. Simply just saying anyone can live in any dimension even though the concept(s) they abide by was removed could be seen as a falicious, since not everyone has concept resistance
It's still a property of the dimension, not the person. Sure they can exist in places without Life and Death, but that's not a part of their fundamental existence. Also for Transduality, you need more than existing without a duality, you need to be superior to that duality. That means some kind of proof that they are fundamentally beyond Life and Death (Not being able to Die and not qualifying as Alive) in and outside of that dimension.

All in all, existing in a dimension without Life and Death would just be unquantifiable and not proof for Transduality. And even if they had Transduality it would be Type 1, not Type 2 as they only transcend a single Duality.

Transduality isnt the amount of dualities that someone transcends, its the level of duality the amount is a something that comes with it. Do you have discord I'd be able to prove more of a point there

Transduality isnt the amount of dualities that someone transcends, its the level of duality the amount is a something that comes with it. Do you have discord I'd be able to prove more of a point there
Type 1 (Specific Transduality): Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of one or several specific dual systems.

Type 2 (False General Transduality): Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of all dual systems and concepts within the scope of an entire level of reality.

"Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of all dual systems and concepts" examples of type 1 are fire and ice, sound and silence. These duality are specific dualities that aren't superior to all dual systems. Life and death is a type 2 since its the distinction between objects and systems, whether inanimate objects are alive or dead, whether a concept is still existing (alive) or is destroyed (dead) the concept of life and death is removed and so is what participates in it. This reasoning is similar to people who stand outside of time and space. You said something about needing proof that they are beyond life and death. Lets say the character in question was the one who removed life and death their form of transcendence is the ability to erase the duality itself, so not only did he erase the duality, he existed in a place without it. To further prove my point the first paragraph of transduality states a transdual character’s fundamental existence might be definable as being in-between the numbers of 0 and 1, but also defined as being a “2”, or as standing outside of the code completely at the higher levels the last sentence proves that living outside of life and death or in a place without it counts as type 2 duality. Do you have discord

Last edited:
"Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of all dual systems and concepts" examples of type 1 are fire and ice, sound and silence. These duality are specific dualities that aren't superior to all dual systems. Life and death is a type 2 since its the distinction between objects and systems, whether inanimate objects are alive or dead, whether a concept is still existing (alive) or is destroyed (dead) the concept of life and death is removed and so is what participates in it. This reasoning is similar to people who stand outside of time and space. You said something about needing proof that they are beyond life and death. Lets say the character in question was the one who removed life and death their form of transcendence is the ability to erase the duality itself, so not only did he erase the duality, he existed in a place without it. To further prove my point the first paragraph of transduality states a transdual character’s fundamental existence might be definable as being in-between the numbers of 0 and 1, but also defined as being a “2”, or as standing outside of the code completely at the higher levels the last sentence proves that living outside of life and death or in a place without it counts as type 2 duality. Do you have discord
Sadly I do not have discord, and I understand where you're coming from but I stand by what I said. You should probably get other people's opinions though.

Back