• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Arrowverse High 1-C? Let's Find Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know the Speed Force is infinite and extends across an infinite multiverse. With that context and it being referred to as a 10 dimensional construct I would find it weird to assume the dimensions are compact or trivial in this case

Iirc a universe being 10 dimensional would be justified for high 1-C because in that case the dimensions aren't of a non-significant size.

Weren't standards changed to where you need to actually prove or have statements that "x dimensional space extends infinitely or universal sized in all axis"? The speed force can cover the multiverse even if it's additional axis or not significant enough in size to be tiered. Like the space between dimensions can hold universes and the multiverse obviously, while still being insignificant in its additional axis that allow for universes to remain completely parallel.

Weren't standards changed to where you need to actually prove or have statements that "x dimensional space extends infinitely or universal sized in all axis"? The speed force can cover the multiverse even if it's additional axis or not significant enough in size to be tiered. Like the space between dimensions can hold universes and the multiverse obviously, while still being insignificant in its additional axis that allow for universes to remain completely parallel.
You are correct in stating that the SF covering the multiverse does not necessitate that it's infinite in all its dimensions. However the SF is stated to be an endless void of time and energy and this should apply to all its axes by default. If a standard universe is stated to be infinite we also assume it is infinite across its 3 spatial axes, rather than only 1 or 2 of them.

You are correct in stating that the SF covering the multiverse does not necessitate that it's infinite in all its dimensions. However the SF is stated to be an endless void of time and energy and this should apply to all its axes by default. If a standard universe is stated to be infinite we also assume it is infinite across its 3 spatial axes, rather than only 1 or 2 of them.
well im not sure if that qualifies by the current standards to be honest with you, most staff in here thinks it doesn't just because of how strict they are.

well im not sure if that qualifies by the current standards to be honest with you, most staff in here thinks it doesn't just because of how strict they are.
The logical next step would be to downgrade everyone who destroys or crosses an infinite universe then.

I think its just for higher tiers, hey bro, i didnt make this standard.
Why does this standard suddenly apply for higher tiers but not lower ones? If something is logically sound for a lower tier and the only thing that changes is the amount of dimensions, then why does it suddenly become logically flawed?

Why does this standard suddenly apply for higher tiers but not lower ones? If something is logically sound for a lower tier and the only thing that changes is the amount of dimensions, then why does it suddenly become logically flawed?
idk bruh, i think for just standard universe, we base it off our own, so its axes would be significant by default, but when we reach the 4th dimension and onwards, it become more complicated.

I think there was a statement that the possibilities are spread out infinitely in this space. This should cover the whole 10-dimensional space iirc. Cuz, It's more comprehensive than a normal infinite size statement.

So, I see that you guys are using the following quote to justify that the dimensions are significant in size, extending infinitely through all 10 dimensions:

"Every existence multiplied by possibility. And spread out before space and time in infinite measure. -Mar Novu"

However, when we read the full context of the quote, it seems to be just about the infinite universes in the multiverse during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. It doesn't really refer to higher dimensions.

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One

Mar Novu : In the beginning, there was only one... a single black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release, and finally, the darkness broke, filling it with life. With the Multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility, and spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell, and rose again to cross realities grasping expanse. Life, a precious gift persevering in the face of every obstacle, until finally, the age of heroes was born. Chaos, the constant enemy of life, kept at bay by champions from across the Multiverse. Joining forces to fight on behalf of all creation, they found each other just in time. Because now, the entire Multiverse is about to come under attack. There is a malevolent force at work, one driven by a singular goal.

Alexander Knox : [on Earth-89 Gotham City] I hope you're watching, big guy.

Mar Novu : The destruction of all there is.

Ray Terrill : [on Earth-X] Oh, no!

Mar Novu : I have planned. There are those who say I have schemed. But the time for preparation has passed. The Crisis is now upon us all.

So, I see that you guys are using the following quote to justify that the dimensions are significant in size, extending infinitely through all 10 dimensions:

"Every existence multiplied by possibility. And spread out before space and time in infinite measure. -Mar Novu"

However, when we read the full context of the quote, it seems to be just about the infinite universes in the multiverse during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. It doesn't really refer to higher dimensions.

Mar Novu : In the beginning, there was only one... a single black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release, and finally, the darkness broke, filling it with life. With the Multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility, and spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell, and rose again to cross realities grasping expanse. Life, a precious gift persevering in the face of every obstacle, until finally, the age of heroes was born. Chaos, the constant enemy of life, kept at bay by champions from across the Multiverse. Joining forces to fight on behalf of all creation, they found each other just in time. Because now, the entire Multiverse is about to come under attack. There is a malevolent force at work, one driven by a singular goal.

Mar Novu : I have planned. There are those who say I have schemed. But the time for preparation has passed. The Crisis is now upon us all.
Yeah that doesn’t really do anything for this thread, only Jay Garrick’s statement matters.

He's not just talking about multiverse. He talks about the void before everything else, the big bang, life and chaos, the age of superheroes, civilizations, the multiverse, the multiverse under attack and existence. And mar novu never, ever speaks of the multiverse as existence. He refers to the multiverse as "Earths, Worlds, Universes, Multiverse, Realities..." but does not call it existence. Obviously he's not talking about the multiverse here because he never talks about the multiverse as existence.

Eh, the SF wasn’t destroyed during COIE so…
Also “existence” here is a universe. We literally see universes multiplying on-screen when he says this IIRC.

Also, Barry flung himself sidewise along the fourth dimension into the Multiverse shows that these dimensions are infinite or at least significant.

This is also supported by the fact that the crisis, which can reach infinite worlds and realities, does not affect the 5th dimension and The Forces of Nature and Cosmic Plane.

This is supported by the fact that the forces of nature, the Cosmic plane and the 5th Dimension are referred to as higher dimension and higher planes of existence.

There are also The Forces of Nature's constantly repeated statements that they are infinite. And even Spectre, who has a multiversal+ range, says that even when just looking at the speedforce, he cannot see it all because it is infinite.

Last edited:
Eh, the SF wasn’t destroyed during COIE so…
I don't understand what you mean
Also “existence” here is a universe. We literally see universes multiplying on-screen when he says this IIRC.
Existence is used here in the sense of what exists, not the universe. While talking about civilizations, they still show the proliferation of planets and the sun, which shows that what they say is not in the right proportion to what is shown.

Okay, let's assume that this statement is talking about the universe. Still, this doesn't change anything. This statement has been put forward in support of infinity statements, and I have presented other arguments in support of it in my previous message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back