• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Irrelevant Deletion Organization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with my part of the edits though I noticed a few things that might need to get fixed as well. Pennywise, Maturin and The One Above All have an Irrelevant Range rating even though we don't list that on the range page. The Great Reason has for some reason Irrelevant stamina and I'm not sure what that is even supposed to mean.

Last edited:
Well, it would likely be useful to add a concise explanation near the bottom of the page regarding why we removed irrelevant speed.
Well, I suppose. How about:
Irrelevant was a speed tier priorly given to 1-A and above characters based on the assumptions that they transcend any form of space and time at any level of existence, no matter how high. In a Tiering Revision it was decided that space and time can exist at any level, even including Tier 0 ones. Hence this definition stopped making sense as, while a character might transcend all spacetime in their own verse, they can't be assumed to have the same transcendence when compared to other fictions that feature much bigger spaces and more dimensions of time. As such it became possible for high levels of Immeasurable speed to be faster than Irrelevant speed, which meant in effect that there ceased to be in practical difference between these speed tiers.
Hence the decision was made to delete Irrelevant speed as a speed level and just have all levels of speed that are baseline Immeasurable or above listed as Immeasurable speed instead.
I would suggest that we delete the note in a month or so, though. It makes sense now to inform people, but long term it will be weird to feature an explanation on why we don't list a speed tier.

Well, I suppose. How about:

I would suggest that we delete the note in a month or so, though. It makes sense now to inform people, but long term it will be weird to feature an explanation on why we don't list a speed tier.
Hmm, did we really agree that beyond-dimensional existence is no longer a valid concept? Because I recall a few fictions and spiritual philosophies that treat it as such.

Perhaps we should skip the note after all.

Hmm, did we really agree that beyond-dimensional existence is no longer a valid concept? Because I recall a few fictions and spiritual philosophies that treat it as such.
We didn't. But that's not what the note is saying. Beyond-dimensional existence is fine, just transcendence (as in, superiority) over space and time on every possible level isn't a thing we do anymore. We can't expect a 1-A character to have superiority above Tier 0 space, after all.
Perhaps we should skip the note after all.
That's also ok.

We didn't. But that's not what the note is saying. Beyond-dimensional existence is fine, just transcendence (as in, superiority) over space and time on every possible level isn't a thing we do anymore. We can't expect a 1-A character to have superiority above Tier 0 space, after all.
Okay. I likely initially misunderstood your wording then.
That's also ok.
Well, as long as the text is worded in such a way that other visitors do not misunderstand it in the same manner that I did, it is probably fine to include for a while.

Finished my pages.

The Fireman, JUDY, Mage (World of Darkness), Set (SCP Foundation), and Freddie Sykes

The following characters had scaling like for example: Unknown, Irrelevant with X or Immeasurable, Irrelevant with or another type of scaling so I put Unknown even it's repeated twice on the profile on the same key so I won't break it. This thing should be resolved/talked about between the knowledgeable members of the said profiles.

So after everybody have finished with their tasks here, can somebody write a list for all of the encountered problems and errors please? That way we can ask for evaluation help from knowledgeable members for the relevant verses.

Also, big thanks to everybody who are helping out here.

I believe everyone has finished their edits then, yes?
Good work everyone. Thank you for helping out.
In that case, I will soon create the thread for reranking the characters that were set to unknown.

@Antvasima: Regarding adding temporal Omnipresence to the speed description, would the following update of the Omnipresence description be ok:
Omnipresent (This is technically a state of being, rather than a speed, but has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic. Applies to characters that exist throughout all of a given space and/or time. For practical comparisons, each case requires more detailed consideration and explanations such as throughout which space the character is omnipresent and if they are omnipresent throughout time as well. Some characters can also be omnipresent only throughout time, but not space, which should also be noted on the profile)

@DontTalkDT

Maybe something like this would work?

Omnipresent (This is technically a state of being, rather than a speed, but has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic. It applies to characters that exist throughout all of a given space and/or time. For practical comparisons, each case requires more detailed consideration and explanations such as throughout which space the character is omnipresent and if they are omnipresent throughout time as well. Some characters can also be omnipresent only throughout time, but not space, which should be noted as "Temporal Omnipresence" in the affected profile pages.)

Also, big thanks for helping out from me as well.

So after everybody have finished with their tasks here, can somebody write a list for all of the encountered problems and errors please? That way we can ask for evaluation help from knowledgeable members for the relevant verses.
Anyway, I would still greatly appreciate help with this from our participants. It can be accomplished by reading the entire above thread and asking questions when necessary.

Also, I think the debate for whether or non-omnipresent character being able to keep up with character temporal omnipresent character in question qualifies as having Immeasurable combat speed for the former character should probably be saved for another thread. For me, I personally think it shouldn't for much of the same reason I don't think Temporal AoE should grant Immeasurable attack speed given that basically everyone with Low 2-C and above destructive capacity would have Immeasurable attack speed that otherwise scale to some other characters. But should be reserved in a new thread as I already know we have contradictory foot notes and the thoughts seem mixed/split amongst higher up staff.

@DontTalkDT

Maybe something like this would work?

Omnipresent (This is technically a state of being, rather than a speed, but has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic. It applies to characters that exist throughout all of a given space and/or time. For practical comparisons, each case requires more detailed consideration and explanations such as throughout which space the character is omnipresent and if they are omnipresent throughout time as well. Some characters can also be omnipresent only throughout time, but not space, which should be noted as "Temporal Omnipresence" in the affected profile pages.)
That seems good, yes. Shall I apply it?

@everyone: I have created the follow-up thread. Feel free to mention any character that needs to be updated there. I can also tag the supporters of verses that had their speed changed there.

Anyway, I would still greatly appreciate help with this from our participants. It can be accomplished by reading the entire above thread and asking questions when necessary.
I have created the follow-up thread. Feel free to mention any character that needs to be updated there. I can also tag the supporters of verses that had their speed changed there.
@Andytrenom @DarkDragonMedeus @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @Nehz_XZX @KLOL506 @LordGriffin1000 @Qawsedf234

Would you be willing to help out with this please?

Not sure how I can help here further, y'all already did all the work.

Well, I think that we need to go through the errors that were encountered during this revision in DontTalk's follow-up thread.

I'm done with my part of the edits though I noticed a few things that might need to get fixed as well. Pennywise, Maturin and The One Above All have an Irrelevant Range rating even though we don't list that on the range page. The Great Reason has for some reason Irrelevant stamina and I'm not sure what that is even supposed to mean.
I've already mentioned the things that I've noticed while applying the change.

Edit: Pennywise also has Irrelevant stamina listed.

Not sure how I can help here further, y'all already did all the work.
IDK any verses of my own that would be affected by this, that and I already have no idea about the cosmologies of the verses that once had this rating so I'd be a poor candidate to help.

I don't really know many of those 1-A verses aside from some limited knowledge for SMT; where pretty much all of them are Immeasurable via scaling anyway. Though, I have edited a few SCP profiles who had "Unknown, Irrelevant via a certain attack" I changed to "Unknown, higher via a certain attack" but I don't know that verse.

Not sure how I can help out further than I already have.

I informed DontTalk about this thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back