• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Irrelevant Deletion Organization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Let me preface this thread by saying that this isn't about evaluating Tier 1 stuff, so please don't run away the moment you see the words 1-A. This is just some simple uncontroversial editing work.

After over 1.5 years of debate we have finally reached enough staff consensus to perform the speed edit that became necessary after the tiering system revision.
What the decision was in the end, is to delete Irrelevant speed so that Immeasurable now simply covers all cases of above infinite speed.
Hence, we need to remove Irrelevant speed from all pages.
Luckily, Irrelevant could always only be given to very high-tier characters meaning that we can narrow down the pages that have it. We have a total 363 pages that are potential candidates, which I have listed here.

What this thread is about is to recruit volunteers from amongst the staff that can edit locked pages and then divide up the list between us.
Once you got your share of the pages assigned to you, all you have to do is look through them one by one and change any 'Irrelevant' speed statistic to 'Unknown' for the time being. (I imagine most of those will later get Immeasurable speed, but let's keep it simple for now)
Edit: As others have pointed out, if it's clear that a character will get Immeasurable speed due to being such in a lesser key (or scaling) changing them to straight Immeasurable instead of unknown is fine, too.

We are not starting immediately and once we do you have a few days to complete your share.

So yeah, who can help out? The more help out the less work everyone involved has~

Last edited:
I bail, kthnxbye

But for real tho, does this also involve removing Irrelevant LS? Or has that already been done?

Thank you very much to DontTalk and everybody else who are willing to help out with this.

However, how should we figure out what speed statistics that should be applied instead for so many pages?

However, how should we figure out what speed statistics that should be applied instead for so many pages?
For now we will just set them to unknown (leaving their prior justifications if there are any).
Afterwards, I will make a thread to handle the simple cases. I imagine the majority of all cases will be set to Immeasurable due to scaling above some Immeasurable character.
Once that's done we will probably have only a few verses left, which is when supporters will just need to start doing CRTs to handle the rating for those.

Okay, but then somebody needs to write down a list of all the pages that have been (/will be) changed in this manner.

Okay, but then somebody needs to write down a list of all the pages that have been (/will be) changed in this manner.
Wouldn't it be easier to have the supporters of the affected verses come to us to have them re-ranked?
If someone gives me a list of all the pages, I can cover them all. 🗿
There is a list, but it's not necessary for you to cover all of them. We have 6 volunteers by now (you and me included), so we are down to doing 60 pages each.

I swear to god I'm in the middle of pulling a revision involving making a lot of people Irrelevant and y'all pull this on me all of sudden.

I agree with Medeus, If they had "Immesurable" in a previous (weaker key) then we would save time by adding directly it in one edit than coming back at it...if they don't have then just unknown. In rest, likely some characters will have to be looked over to see what speed they can get if they didn't have any but as DT said there will be a thread later.

I don't mind helping out if given a section of pages to edit.

Also, I think Irrelevant speed characters who already have Immeasurable speed for different/weaker keys can simply be edited to Immeasurable especially. Prime examples being the SMT pages.
Yeah, if you spot a page where it's self-evident that they will get Immeasurable then just putting them at Immeasurable is fine, too.

Alright, we got 7 people, that's enough to get this done, I think. That 52 pages to go through for everyone. As said, either set Irrelevant speed to unknown or, if it's obvious that they get Immeasurable due to previous keys, to Immeasurable. When in doubt unknown is always ok.

So here's the list I will use to divide the work.
@Zaratthustra: You do #1 Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos) to #52 Calliope (Homestuck)
@Nehz_XZX: You do #53 MSPA Reader to #104 Death of the Endless
@Qawsedf234: You do #105 Delirium of the Endless to #156 Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei)
@LordGriffin1000: You do #157 Fumi Kanno to #208 Ouroboros Maia (Shin Megami Tensei)
@Colonel_Krukov: You do #209 Parvati (Shin Megami Tensei) to #260 White Rider (Shin Megami Tensei)
@DarkDragonMedeus: You do #261 Wonder Woman (Post-Flashpoint) to #312 Yaldabaoth (SCP Foundation)
@Me: The whole rest

Might be best to leave a summary for the edits that points here.
You may start immediately.

Alright so is it getting deleted completely or just deleting the rule that any 1-A gets it?
Completely. All speed above infinite is just varying levels of Immeasurable now.

So, if it already as Immeasurable in a previous key, it automatically gets it? If the previous key has something lower than immeasurable, should it get "[previous speed], likely "higher"?

So, if it already as Immeasurable in a previous key, it automatically gets it? If the previous key has something lower than immeasurable, should it get "[previous speed], likely "higher"?
If its Nigh-Omnipresent or Omnipresent nothing needs to be changed. If the last key has Immeasurable then just also give it Immeasurable since the justification would be the same just at a higher mathematical level. If the last key has some different speed then either "Unknown" or "At least [Previous speed]".

If it has Immeasurable in a previous key you can set the speed to Immeasurable, yeah.
If it has another speed I would just set it to unknown for the time being.

Alright, done with my part. Didn't have to give out very many unknowns.

I finished mine. Also, several of the ones I went through (Shin Megami Tensei) profiles were ridicules. I had to go through their AP justification to find the characters their suppose to scale to in speed because they had no justification for their speed (I'm referring to some of the Devil Survivor 2 profiles). Others, like some of the ones that just say "Irrelevent when incarnated" but lucky for them the characters they were linked to in their AP justification has Immeasurable speed in place already.

I find it ridicules that several of these guys have all been walking around with literally no justification for their speed ratings. No one should half to navigate through the characters AP scaling to find the reasoning for their speed rating. Anyway, I gave Immeasurable to those who had Immeasurable in previous keys, and to those who scaled to other Immeasurable characters. However, those with Irrelevent speed no justification, I made Unknown (Because the characters they scaled to were still Irrelevant in speed so I didn't know who was getting Immeasurable).

Almost every SMT character is Immeasurable via scaling anyway; we're talking about a verse that's full of even fodder 8-A demons having consistent Immeasurable speed feats. But that's off topic.

Almost every SMT character is Immeasurable via scaling anyway; we're talking about a verse that's full of even fodder 8-A demons having consistent Immeasurable speed feats. But that's off topic.
I''m talking about them not having a description with that justification at all on the rating and thus needing to go through their AP to find a character with the actual justification for the other characters speed. If they have Immesurable Speed feats that's good for them but it needs to be on their speed rating justification. Whatever though, those knowledgeable on the series can handle that.

Last edited:
I finished mine. Also, several of the ones I went through (Shin Megami Tensei) profiles were ridicules. I had to go through their AP justification to find the characters their suppose to scale to in speed because they had no justification for their speed (I'm referring to some of the Devil Survivor 2 profiles). Others, like some of the ones that just say "Irrelevent when incarnated" but lucky for them the characters they were linked to in their AP justification has Immeasurable speed in place already.

I find it ridicules that several of these guys have all been walking around with literally no justification for their speed ratings. No one should half to navigate through the characters AP scaling to find the reasoning for their speed rating. Anyway, I gave Immeasurable to those who had Immeasurable in previous keys, and to those who scaled to other Immeasurable characters. However, those with Irrelevent speed no justification, I made Unknown (Because the characters they scaled to were still Irrelevant in speed so I didn't know who was getting Immeasurable).
I''m talking about them not having a description with that justification at all on the rating and thus needing to go through their AP to find a character with the actual justification for the other characters speed. If they have Immesurable Speed feats that's good for them but it needs to be on their speed rating justification. Whatever though, those knowledgeable on the series can handle that.
@Elizhaa @CrimsonStarFallen @Ultima_Reality @Matthew_Schroeder @Edwellken @Solacis @Yobo_Blue

Would any of you be willing to provide instructions here please? Should all of the Shin Megami Tensei profile pages that had their speed levels changed from Irrelevant to Unknown (Irrelevant speed is being removed), be changed to Immeasurable speed instead?

Also, @DontTalkDT , have you updated our Speed page definitions according to our conclusions in our previous discussion?
I have for now just removed Irrelevant speed.
I think aside from that we wanted to add an explanation as for how Omnipresence also can be temporal omnipresence. I can add that part later today. Was there anything else?

Well, it would likely be useful to add a concise explanation near the bottom of the page regarding why we removed irrelevant speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back