• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have always placed priority over actual calculations over guidebooks and stuff when it came to character feats. We did this with the Flash (Wally West) as well as various Naruto calcs/profiles in general.

Actual feats > guidebooks.

I would go with EM's calculation for Iron Man's speed for this one.

It is just that this places him at Sub-Relativistic+ speed, so I wonder if this is to be considered an outlier?

Also, Marvel is a special case regarding guidebooks, in lack of better options. Please read the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics page.

So Sub-relativistic+. Shouldn't this be regarded as an outlier though? Reed Richards also has several feats in this range.

Otherwise, I'm fine with this.

Well, the difference is that Iron Man may be amplified by his armor to an unknown degree, whereas Reed Richards is just officially listed at "normal" speed period.

As usual, Marvel's enormous inconsistency is risking to wreak havoc on our ratings, as rating characters in the "normal" range as sub-relativistic+ would automatically scale to every single Marvel character.

Well Spidey is subrel with precog right? So subrel IM catching him would make sense.

It'd also make sense that he can at least throw down with Thor with his armors, though he still gets rekt.

Hmm. The Marvel ratings only account for Tony's speed stat while not in the Iron Man suit, correct?

Would him possibly having this affect our current Marvel characters pages tiering and stats?

I think not. He's normal human out of the suit but its stated somewhere that the suit amps his reflexes right?

Going by Ant's words, i suppose so? Cause Tony normally fights enemies WHILE in his Iron Man suit.

We may have him at Subsonic speed give or take but we know that it's while NOT in the suit. With the suit, it should give him an unknown amount of speed increase.....i think?

Edit: I stand corrected. Just remembered what one of the handbooks rated him as w/o his suit.

I do not know if his suit is officially supposed to amplify his speed and reflexes, but if we rate Reed Richards as Sub-relativistic+, it would likely scale to everybody.

Relativistic actually and the only time I can remember that being stated was during Civil War years after. I searched on the wikia but it wasn't stated anywhere.

The suit amping his reflexes is believable however, in a denotative matter at least so sure. I agree with the upgrade.

So, do you think that we should rate his combat speed as "Possibly Sub-Relativistic+" or just his reflexes?

I never really understood how we could make a clear logical distinction between the two?

Combat speed is that of the significant motion (s) being made whilst reflexes define the things they are able to react to. So, deflecting something moving at the speed of light, or performing several motions the time it takes a bullet to hit its target is combat speed.

Whilst noticing an object moving at a not insignificant percentage of light is scaled to simply reflexes as no significant action is made.

We can say Sub-relativistic+ with armour (because apparently the armour does boost his speed).

Reflexes = he can at least react to it as he can see it but ultimately cannot do so in quick succession or something

Combat speed = can consistently react to and counterattack

methinks anyway

Something like that right? I remember him amping his reflexes by connecting his brain synapses to the armor or something like that.

Hey guys, i hope i don't burst anyones bubbles, but i found another Iron Man speed calc but this one is FAR lower than EM's recent one linked above.

Here. It's #8.

I brought this up in case we don't manage to implement the Sub-Rela+ calc of EM's.

Well, reacting to something should also mean moving one's body swift enough to intercept it.

So, what do everybody else think? Should we upgrade Iron Man with armor to Sub-Relativistic+ combat speed?

@CrossverseCrisis Well, as usual Marvel is the king of inconsistency.

Just trying to be safe, Antvasima. Just trying to be safe....

Well it looks like Lina, TMR, and Gemmy has agreed so far.

Maybe we could go: Subsonic reflexes(or whatever rating for normal humans in Marvel are), Possibly Sub-Relativistic+ with armor. Relativistic flight speed.

Okay. I will change his and War Machine's ratings with armor. I just hope that people will not start to demand that we change all characters to the same level.

Well the calc in Reed's profile did say this.

This gives Reed's speed here as 85.825 m/s. Keep in mind he was severely weakened.

Well, that is part of the reason why we have an "At least" before Reed's speed rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back