• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 2 general discussion

Viltrumites seem to be comparable to each other in the same way humans are comparable to one another.

Like the strongest humans would likely stomp the more average ones but they aren't completely impervious to them.

Of course, the gaps between them are a lot bigger, but that's how I see it. They're just a really strong species.
I'm just used to "stronger" meaning "stomp"

And Lucan broke Nolan’s back

No, if you get a well placed blow on your opponent it’s pretty gg it’s the same with viltrumtes just on a more absurd scale
Yeah but Lucan flew in from miles away just to break his back while Nolan tore his stomach open like tissue paper with just an arm movement while he was being choked against a wall

The human comparison you made was on-point cuz humans can have 9-C punches

Yeah but he flew in from miles away just to break his back while Nolan tore him open like tissue paper with just an arm movement while he was being choked against a wall

The human comparison you made was on-point cuz humans can have 9-C punches
Didn’t look like that much if a wind up tbh. he can probably do the same to Nolan if given the chance. Viltrumtes have already been shown to cut thing with there hands like with Allen

Didn’t look like that much if a wind up tbh. he can probably do the same to Nolan if given the chance. Viltrumtes have already been shown to cut thing with there hands like with Allen
We see him pop out of the sky so it was definitely some wind-up

I suppose you're right about Viltrumites having some insane piercing damage tho

Him being able to do damage to Thragg and get him to basically say he's #2 relative to him is definitely enough imo.

There's also the fact that he was still stronger than Mark when he fought and defeated Conquest.
Tbf conquest played around with Mark during the first fight and the second needed Mark to take advantage of him needing to breath

(technically with comic knowledge we know this shouldn't be very legit but as said before we gotta go with what he have xD)
We also have him igniting fusion in the Flaxan atmosphere which is in the hundreds of millions of degrees

I really hope they dont **** their heat resistance like they did in the comics

Like come on, it doesn't take a genius to realize that Black Hole death ring > Suns surface

I plan on making a CRT here soon to finalize the heat and cold scaling of Mark and Nolan

episode was a big disappointment for me compared to the comics

and Omni man casually spilling Lucas guts with a casually swipe is nonsense

I did have my problems with the episode

Mainly the pacing

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to space not 1, not 2, but 3 sub-plots in between the most hype fight of the season?

They should have just gotten that out of the way at the beginning of the episode and given us a continuous fight for the last like 15 minutes

Overall 8/10

I did not like that there was WAY too much going on at the same time. It was so annoying watching the fight get chopped up

What I did like is that Mark gives Nolan exactly what he deserved unlike in the comics

Also one other thing

Read my books???

Nolan could have said a million better things to get the point across that he wants his son to remember his good side, but that has to be the weirdest choice of words they could have gone for to express that

Nolan is literally of royal blood and Thragg even said that he would have been the most fit to lead in his absence. That would definitely put him above him.
I mean, he was made emperor ONLY because he was Argall’s blood, whom the Viltrumites in the same moment told Thragg they followed not for his strength, but for his wisdom. In addition, Argall’s blood only provides more resistance to scourge, not extra strength. I don’t think Thragg said any of that. He said that opposite, IIRC; that he’s too weak to lead (the Viltrumites told him the wisdom thing right after).

Probably could argue Nolan surpassed conquest at some point in the story probably eos when he became king
Already emperor for like 5 years by the Sun fight.

How comparable are Viltrumites to each other if they can box with number 2 and even break his back?
I mean they have stuff like flight which’d help them hurt others comparable to them moreso than humans can to each other. Hence why Lucan could do that to him

I mean, he was made emperor ONLY because he was Argall’s blood, whom the Viltrumites in the same moment told Thragg they followed not for his strength, but for his wisdom. In addition, Argall’s blood only provides more resistance to scourge, not extra strength. I don’t think Thragg said any of that. He said that opposite, IIRC; that he’s too weak to lead (the Viltrumites told him the wisdom thing right after).
Read the final fight again.

Also one other thing

Read my books???

Nolan could have said a million better things to get the point across that he wants his son to remember his good side, but that has to be the weirdest choice of words they could have gone for to express that
It’s an important thing for the comics lol. Don’t think he could’ve said it any other way really. He wasn’t trying to remind Mark that he did good with that like specifically. Take it literally

I can see the logic behind Nolan being the second strongest since they sent three Viltrumites after him and call him "the great Nolan"

That and him having the strength to justify his badass quote saying that the empire sent those three to their deaths

Back