• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible Planet feat discussion

Regardless of the verdict, I don't think this should remain scaled to beginning of series Mark, creates way too many logical scaling errors.

Regardless of the verdict, I don't think this should remain scaled to beginning of series Mark, creates way too many logical scaling errors.
The big thing is that Mark and Omni-Man both need different keys since Viltriumites get zenkai boosts. Allen and Omnipotus also need some reworking done.

Has such calculation work been published to a blog for proper evaluation yet?
I'll reply to Asura's calc since that would be the major one.

Also honestly, I feel we need to give Mark and Nolan different keys. Not only do Viltrumites get canonical in-universe power boosts, the profiles just assume they've always been Tier 6/5. Which would break the scaling.

When I get the chance I'll do a sphere cap end. But as a guess you're probably looking at something in the 5-C range after you take a third off for everyone.
5-C seems a bit low but I'll evaluate it when you get it done

actually, I'm pretty sure the earthquakes he does are really localized, so that might actually be the most solid way to calculate it.

I still want to downgrade BoS Mark, he busted his hand trying to punch a viltrumite on Thraxa, got his stuffing kicked in even with Nolan's help, and had to train afterward to reach that level, there is no way he scales.

Sure, but assuming said moon has visible crater walls that dwarf Moint Everest rather than being a closer shot than implied is also a thing.

Finally I made this
For mass couldn't we do this?
  • M = gr^2/G,
    • Where M = Mass in kilograms, g = gravitational acceleration, r = radius from core in meters, and G = universal gravitational constant
  • M = (9.80665 * 1.25) * 6,371,008.8^2 / (6.673 x 10^-11)
  • M = 12.2583125 * 40,589,753,129,677.44 / (6.673 x 10^-11)
  • M = 497,561,878,161,439.08372 / (6.673 x 10^-11)
  • M = 7.4563446e+24 Kilograms (4.453x Earth's mass)

I... don't really understand any of that or how it got 4.453 times earth's mass for a chunk of the planet's crust

I... don't really understand any of that or how it got 4.453 times earth's mass for a chunk of the planet's crust
That's the total planetary mass that you would filter down for your calc. Unless I'm mistaken about how you're finding mass.

I was just measuring how much was actually visible, the total mass isn't very accurate

One could probably argue that the density of the material should be much higher, but that's kinda iffy (It's unknown if it's even the same size as earth anyhow)

The core thing is just a misappropriation of the author's sense of scale, akin to someone of this tier dying in the sun later. Goku even had a core trouble in Super.

TBH if it's consistent this could mean Viltrumites can't survive high enough temperatures for long (and heat is separate from AP now)

It isn't, Dargoo never made the revisions and honestly it doesn't make too much sense anyways

Like I do sorta understand the reasoning but assuming they die to 9-B heat when they can easily withstand charging directly through a planet and sending chunks of it flying off at massively hypersonic speed is wack

Like, the friction alone would probably provide enough heat energy to be lethal if that was truly the case

akin to someone of this tier dying in the sun later.
Like I do sorta understand the reasoning but assuming they die to 9-B heat when they can easily withstand charging directly through a planet and sending chunks of it flying off at massively hypersonic speed is wack
TBH if it's consistent this could mean Viltrumites can't survive high enough temperatures for long (and heat is separate from AP now)
The Sun thing isn't PIS, its an inherit weakness of their durability. Extreme heats breaks down the bonds between their Smart Atoms, which is where they gain all of their superpowers from. The Sun's heat isn't what damages them in of itself, in fact if you read Issues 139 and 140 you see that being on the Sun's surface and being hit by plasma spikes only burns their clothes. Its only after prolonged exposure that they take damage, because said prolonged exposure destroys the atomic bonding that their powers come from.

It isn't, Dargoo never made the revisions and honestly it doesn't make too much sense anyways

Like, the friction alone would probably provide enough heat energy to be lethal if that was truly the case
So like, heat based feats are usable still? Or are we going with that split scaling thing still?

They're like, the can be separate for the most part we can't assume that a High 6-A would die to being lit on fire

We'd just add the weakness on every Viltrumite profile along with Allen.

The bigger thing we need to do is sort out how many keys Mark needs since he's not High 6-A in every incarnation.

Back