• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
While I don't see many supporters of the verse or any staff members having their name on the Knowledgeable Members List, there are some notable problems that could use some proper adjustments.

Inuyasha's page is good, except the lifting strength is a little off; there's a variable tier but no calc. I do know that Inuyasha was never shown to have any major signs of upper limit lifting strength, but he does consistently lift large boulders rather casually; so Class-100 may be reasonable. This will also affect Sesshōmaru and Princess Kaguya as they're comparable, though in Sesshy's case, he's superior.

Other problems are what the priestesses Kagome Higurashi, Kikyo, and Kaguya's tiers. There's no calc on their profile that results in Town level, and their justifications are either comparable to Inuyasha or capable of harming Naraku. It's true they they're ultimately inferior to them in terms of raw power; and in the Priestesses case, their sacred energy is mostly a weakness to the demons, but they should likely scale to the low ends instead of giving a rough lowball. Same with their speed, I think the should have at least Supersonic+ combat speed and reactions scaling to Inuyasha's low end as well.

I can handle the edits, if they get approved, but I'd like more community input before I make the changes.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but more community input would be appreciated, yes.

I didn't see this earlier. Damn. My apologies.

Anyway, we do indeed need to fix up this verse's profiles.

Inuyasha should indeed get Class 100 lifting strength. He's consistently lifted and tossed around building sized trees and small building sized boulders. I'm also going to go ahead and add a reasoning to his durability now as there is an instance where he survived one of his own Kaze no Kizu blasts which was redirected right back at him.

Also, I believe the OBD calc'ed his power at 3.6 Megatons. If anyone has an account there and can view the calc, please post it here and put a link to it in his profile.

About Kagome and Kikyo:

They should get scaled to Low 7-B with sacred arrows (via managing to pierce Naraku's barriers and harm the likes of Inuyasha) but only against demons and evil entities. These arrows have no special effects against normal humans and animals; if they do, then I hope someone can provide scans.

As for their durability: How exactly are they in the 7-C range? I recall no impressive durability feats from either of them. And Kikyo on one occasion was outright one-shot by Naraku.

I think that Soldier Blue makes sense.

(You can ask Matthew if he can find the Inuyasha calculation for you, to copy it to a blog here.)

The calc came from RavenSupreme's blog, and yeah, Class-100 seems like the bare minimum for Inuyasha's lifting strength.

And agree with the case of scaling Kikyo and Kagome to their low ends, but Kikyo's arrows have caused explosions before; although, with relatively small area of effect. And as for their durability, Kagome actually has survived attacks from Sesshomaru, but she was holding the Tessaiga; which enhances the holder's durability. And Kikyo was revived as a spectre, whom Naraku spend almost the entire series struggling to kill her. Kikyo also has survived an attack from Naraku and being knocked into a sea of miasma. I personally think it's alright for their durability and their combat speed to scale to their low ends as well. Everything else regarding Kagome and Kikyo, such as striking strength, movement speed, and lifting strength should just be Athletic human.

That calc is for a feat of Sesshomaru's from end of series. Sesshomaru after attaining Bakusaiga was vastly superior to Inuyasha. I'll ask Matthew to take a look at the 3.6 Megaton Inuyasha calc on the OBD. That feat is Inuyasha's own after all.

About Kikyo and Kagome; Okay then. Makes sense.

But I'd still like to know where the Town level+ thing comes from. Based on what you said, it'd make more sense for them to scale to Low 7-B in durability. Question is whether that durability would apply only against demons and evil spirits due to their purification powers.

Town level was probably just a rough lowball that was just roughly compared to Small City level. Similar to how most Android Saga DBZ characters are Large Star level due to a rough calculation between Dwarf Star level+ First form Frieza and Solar System level SPC. But I agree that the Town level stuff is a little iffy.

And yeah, I know Sesshomaru is more powerful than Inuyasha physically, but Meido is an exception to that; Meido's the most powerful thing in the verse.

Kagome and Kikyo are basically the Princess Zelda's of the verse, but I think it's fine to have their durability be that high for Kikyo's case anyways. Kikyo's also a spectre, which would usually have higher durability than humans do. For Kagome, she could have something like for durability like, "At least Street level physically, likely Small City level against demonic and spiritual attacks."

I wonder if the others like miryoku, sango, kirara and shippo would receive the same treatment. I remember the wind tunnel can only be used sparingly and his stat can be determined by how much he can suck/BFR in that given time frame. and sangos boomerang can slice demons.

Miroku and Sango should be 9-A themselves. Miroku has shattered room sized boulders with a single strike and Sango is easily comparable. In terms of speed, they're both superhuman in terms of running speed due to being at least as fast as a horse. Their combat speeds and reflexes are likely comparable to Inuyasha's (they've both fought him).

Sango's Hiraikotsu could be Low 7-B post upgrade as it has proven itself capable of harming characters with Inuyasha's level of durability. It also once matched a Kaze no Kizu or Backlash wave from Tessaiga (but I have to first read the chapter in question to confirm).

I'm not sure about Miroku's black hole.

Shattering a room-sized boulder should likely be considerably higher than 9-A.

Not sure about Wind Tunnel's AP, but he'd have BFR and Durability negation thanks to that. I agree with the Supersonic+ combat speeds and the possible Low 7-B Hiraikotsu.

@Soldier Blue

So, what changes do you think are appropriate for the profiles based on the above?

Antvasima said:
@Soldier Blue

So, what changes do you think are appropriate for the profiles based on the above?
Inuyasha: It'd be best not to scale him from the end of series Sesshomaru calc as he is far less powerful. We should put him at just plain Low 7-B (Small City level) based on that 3.6 Megaton calc I mentioned before. But I'm still waiting for Matthew to give me at least a screenshot of that page.

Kikyo: 10-A to 9-C AP physically. Low 7-B against demons and spirits with purification spells and arrows. Athlete level movement speed, Subsonic attack speeds with purification arrows, possibly reactions comparable to Inuyasha (let's see what Medeus has to say about this). 10-A to 9-C durability normally and Low 7-B against demonic and spiritual attacks due to her purification powers (as agreed to above).

Kagome: 10-A AP physically. Low 7-B against demons and evil spirits with purification spells and arrows. Athlete level movement speed, Subsonic attack speeds with purification arrows. 10-A durability physically. I'm not sure about her durability against demonic and spiritual attacks. May be Low 7-B again as with Kikyo.

Lifting Strength and Striking Strength for both Kikyo and Kagome should Regular Human level or Athlete level.

Well, the low-end of Inuyasha's calc is Supersonic+, I personally think Kagome and Kikyo's combat speed of and reactions should scale to that end instead of giving a rough lowball at Subsonic, Athlete human movement speed I agree with though; but Inuyasha is still at least Supersonic+ and possibly Hypersonic+. I suppose we should wait for Matthew to find Inuyasha's AP calc, but depending how far in the series he performed it, having an at least still seems fine. It also should be noted that Inuyasha's AP might be far higher with Meido Zangetsuha.

I'd say 10-A physically for the Priestesses, and Low 7-B against demons I agree. Durability, I think Kagome would be Street level physically, and Small City level against demonic and spiritual attacks; Kikyo IMO could be strait up Small City level durability, but it should also be noted that she's undead.

Iirc, it usually requires Athlete Class lifting strength to pull the string of a bow hard enough to launch the arrow at great speeds, so I think Athlete Class for striking strength and lifting strength seems reasonable.

Yeah, good point. You reminded me of a documentary I once saw debunking some weapons myths (about swords and bows especially). I agree on the Athlete class lifting and striking strengths for Kikyo and Kagome.

Shattering room size boulders could be 8-C perhaps, and Kazaana (wind tunnel) is able to suck objects up to 600 - 700kg. Moryomaru's spear can dissolve entire mountains and he is one of the top tiers, that could possibly scale to Sesshomaru and maybe Inuyasha though I think that is more an aspect of durability nullification than AP. Kagome has auto barrier to solidify her durability.

Bump. I think this should be concluded since i saw that the profiles have inconsistancies and likely missing abilities.

Well, it seems like I accepted Soldier Blue's suggestions previously, but it is possible that this should be highlighted.

Sorry. I was going to take care of this but forgot about it after I couldn't get that 3.6 Megaton Inuyasha calc I wanted. The calc is on the OBD and is accepted there.

Okay I edited the existing Inuyasha profiles.

As for future profiles: Miroku, Sango, Bankotsu, Koga all certainly deserve profiles. May be I'll make them one day after doing a full re-read of the manga.

So shall I close this thread for now?

could inuyasha be higher with the black tessaiga? (being able to cut apart naraku's body)

Thank you. You can close the thread, yes.

Crzer07 said:
could inuyasha be higher with the black tessaiga? (being able to cut apart naraku's body)
That one ignores conventional durability. I don't think we can quanitfy it's attack potency.

Well, Meido is still the most powerful thing in the verse, so At least did seem reasonable to have in his profile, but I agree it's more so hax rather than AP.

Thread can be closed if all the pages were fixed.

Theres also that one time where he used the jewel shards to amp himself when trapped within a demons belly, dunno how much higher he could get with those.

Oh yeah, nearly all characters in Inuyasha could likely be noted to be much higher with Shikon jewel shards. Or in Kohaku and Koga's case, they could be Low 7-B with Shikon jewels and otherwise just scale to Miroku's feat naturally.

@Soldier Blue, Typo ^^

@Dark649 not sure. But I did notice that Inuyasha should have Soul Destruction via Meido. It was his Meido that destroys Naraku's soul in the Manga. source

Back