• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death vs Imagine Breaker (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malox1696 said:
claymores already don't work there is no difference between timed bombs and claymore (they just start timer of 0.001 second when u are near them) literally in the latest translated chaps (so it's u who should reread it not me)
and did u even read this thread, yogiri can't kill individual part only the senses as he can't still fully control it, as already stated above

and again it works on killing intent(even object or anything that is about to kill him), harming is not killing intent even simply stopping him is not killing intent (he didn't predict getting imprisoned by ice) touma in character wouldn't kill anyone even when his life is on the line, this as been shown multiple times, he always just disarm the opponent and knocks them out and precog would not work already in virtue of IB

btw u said watched so i believe u are an anime only so u missed the novel with izzard thought

"(Whatever. I don't care about your stupid logic. Just like when you got your stolen memories back by pure coincidence, you only canceled my order to "die" with that right hand. I don't care about any of that stuff at all.)"

it got cancelled, no matter how u spin it, the spell itself didn't get cancelled as ars magna is continuous reality warping he probably needed to start from 0 if it got fully negated, he just cancelled the death

for all the other feat like not alive, etc i would but them on hold (even if they are irrelevant here) simply cause they might be related to his seals and were never explained or simply assumptions, if translation was not so slow we would already know more (i could make a guess after the shinigami appeared but too little info)
He can kill individual parts he killed the half part of someone already that lead to his death, if he cant use into touma full body he migth as well just kill his lower part and call it a day, and he is already learning and i dobut he cant really use it he already demonstrated it to the girls that have some eyes on him that he was training into killing something specific

Isn't that what i meant? if ars magna cotninues to reality warpi there is something for touma to cancel and thats not what yogiri does its not somethign continuous,if imagine breaker were to cancel someone dead even if it happened in a supernatural way he should also be able to negate wounds as long it happens in a supernatural way, at least i dont remember working this way

Also give me a break i did read most of to aru novels but htey are over 40 novels, its already hard to track and remember stuf fto me even more so many novels, and i also read a lot of stuff so i will obivously make mistakes even more that toaru inst something that i focus on

Also if yogiri instant death isnt really usefull here by any means i still think yogiri and touma matches should be removed and this closed because this is nothign but a stomp yogiri has showed absolutely no feats of being able to fight hand-to-hand and touma has much more endurance and experience its a free win for touma if the only power that yogiri has to fight its useless so whats the point of add the fight in the profiles?

Please read the entire thread, he CANT kill specific parts, only senses like vision, smell, hearing, etc. He tried to kill half part of someone but the guy still died regardless, the same happened with everyone in that scene, except for the guy that had only his senses killed

it's not totally useless he can still use it on the environment, or he getting lucky with the sword, sooner or later he is gonna realize that it's his right hand when he tries to uses his power on objects he is holding or touching but that will probably be after some brawling and is not like touma one shots him or anything (athlete lvl vs Olympic lvl)

EmperorDoom25 said:
Please read the entire thread, he CANT kill specific parts, only senses like vision, smell, hearing, etc. He tried to kill half part of someone but the guy still died regardless, the same happened with everyone in that scene, except for the guy that had only his senses killed
when yogiri killed half of the person he didnt die because of yogiri power instantly killed him but because his half just... died and then yogiri tried to focus his power in the next person and tried to kill a limb but he didnt practice his power and killed the target, he can kill specific parts in the last translated chapters he showed even to be able to kill specific things without killing everything he gave an example in a rose where he killed a single petal instead of the whole thing, please i read the novel up to the translated so i'm using my arguments based on it

false, we are a v4c5 he started training with the sword to try to snipe part he never actually showed it on people he just used it on a flower petal (in the first place why does he have a sword, he never used it translated chap), as i said im up with the novel, ask the translator to do it faster by donating if u want

when he actually does it on people u can add it

btw grace time passed by a lot just close this, and while at it update touma profile

Malox1696 said:
false, we are a v4c5 he started training with the sword to try to snipe part he never actually showed it on people he just used it on a flower petal (in the first place why does he have a sword, he never used it translated chap), as i said im up with the novel, ask the translator to do it faster by donating if u want
when he actually does it on people u can add it

btw grace time passed by a lot just close this, and while at it update touma profile
he can use it on people, the petal died because he wants to train his power to use on people his power its about killing whatever he wants he just never practiced it before so he wasn't able to do it correctly, you think because he showed his power on the rose so the girls could see that he was being able to control it better, it shoildn't work on people? Why? Thats pretty much downplaying even more that his power already worked on people before,he already killed that person half-body and, like i stated the text was saying that i died because his half body suddennly went dead mot because yogiri killed him outright but when yogiri tried to be even more precise he actually wasnt sucessful

Cue he STARTED training for that, he even mentions it, he just shows it on a flower not a person

and wrong he did not kill only half a person he killed it whole, same happen when he tried with an arm or a leg, u are just trying to invent or project thing not shown, by ur logic Ib should work in an area cause what happened in ot22 and what's explained by terra by guess what he still has to show such a thing and is not on the profile

if u want u can start translating ur self, u are welcome to call me when finished the next chapters, i will help even edit the profile

eidt: and ur logic falls apart as the next chapters he still can't incapacitate the spies and assassins they send to him and as to relay on other to capture and incapacitate them

pulling the "ur are downplaying" card is a very low blow considering im reading the novel and using on profile, it's u who are downplaying saying that Ib would not work on instant death or showing a great lack of misinformation as IB is always active (it acts more liek a rule)

Malox1696 said:
Cue he STARTED training for that, he even mentions it, he just shows it on a flower not a person
and wrong he did not kill only half a person he killed it whole, same happen when he tried with an arm or a leg, u are just trying to invent or project thing not shown, by ur logic Ib should work in an area cause what happened in ot22 and what's explained by terra by guess what he still has to show such a thing and is not on the profile

if u want u can start translating ur self, u are welcome to call me when finished the next chapters, i will help even edit the profile

eidt: and ur logic falls apart as the next chapters he still can't incapacitate the spies and assassins they send to him and as to relay on other to capture and incapacitate them
""Half die."

He spoke as he pointed at a beastman with the features of a tiger, who dropped to the ground the moment he finished. His intention was to kill only the tigerman's lower half, one of the ideas for going easy on a target.
Yogiri's power was to order any target to die, so perhaps it was possible to make only half a creature his target? For Yogiri, who had never thought about using his power differently, this was uncharted territory.

"AaAAH—— ´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝â´╝â´╝â!"

The demitiger screamed in words they didn't understand. He didn't die instantly, but it didn't take long for his voice to stop.

——Well, that was to be expected. Instantly losing half your body sounds pretty fatal."

So tell me how he killd it whole? When he killed half of the body he didnt even die instantly to begin with, and no he doesnt need to show it like that you can assume things like that based on everything that happened so far and how his powers works, there are thing you dont need to author tell you all chewed and that its up to the reader to think about it

Also iirc he doesnt do that because he feel their killing intent but he is actually unable to know their exact position thats why they used snipers against him, so he went ahed to ask the girls to help him to find exactly where they were

well we are now cherry picking ? why not post the whole part ?

" "AaAAH—— ´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝â´╝â´╝â!"

The demitiger screamed in words they didn't understand. He didn't die instantly, but it didn't take long for his voice to stop.

——Well, that was to be expected. Instantly losing half your body sounds pretty fatal.

It was unclear what exactly happened to the beastman's anatomy, but apparently halving him was overdoing it. Yogiri decided to pinpoint his target further.

"Right ankle."

He released his power at a sheeplike demihuman, but blundered. He wasn't able to focus his power that precisely, possibly due to a lack of practice, and his target suffered instant death.

"Left arm."

His next target had a leopard's face. It worked, but once again his target died soon after."

He can't deactivate one part without killing them, it worked with sense as even when they removed the affected part and regenerated he could not still hear or see (that's the point he can even affect esoteric thing like space or concepts), do we believe facts and a problem the MC is trying to overcome or ur projections ?

again ur argument does not hold, he does not need to know their location as his ability just needs to feel them (that's why it works on tier 2 being and even copy of the copy of the copy or the one giving order from far away) he still had to relay on others to actually incapacitate someone, u are just making assumption over assumptions

"Malox1696 said:
well we are now cherry picking ? why not post the whole part ?
" "AaAAH—— ´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝â´╝â´╝â!"

——Well, that was to be expected. Instantly losing half your body sounds pretty fatal.

It was unclear what exactly happened to the beastman's anatomy, but apparently halving him was overdoing it. Yogiri decided to pinpoint his target further.

"Right ankle."

He released his power at a sheeplike demihuman, but blundered. He wasn't able to focus his power that precisely, possibly due to a lack of practice, and his target suffered instant death.

"Left arm."

His next target had a leopard's face. It worked, but once again his target died soon after."

He can't deactivate one part without killing them, it worked with sense as even when they removed the affected part and regenerated he could not still hear or see (that's the point he can even affect esoteric thing like space or concepts), do we believe facts and a problem the MC is trying to overcome or ur projections ?

again ur argument does not hold, he does not need to know their location as his ability just needs to feel them (that's why it works on tier 2 being and even copy of the copy of the copy or the one giving order from far away) he still had to relay on others to actually incapacitate someone, u are just making assumption over assumptions
in the first case where the dude died because of half his body was killed it was never stated that he died because yogiri power But just after that he tried to be even more precsie and he couldnt do it leading for the people being instantly killed by his power, also if we are going to be like this why didnt the rose didnt die as whole after yogiri used ihis power? can you actually give me something that give a 100% proof that it was yogiri power when in the whole novel when its his power that leads to a person to death its mentioned about it?

And thats exactly why he didnt use his powers on them, he doesnt want to incapacitate them he wants to find them and learn about them so he could find the ones sending assasins to him thats why he needed the girls to actually do it for him when he was being targeted ...

Also you told me to post the whole part buy you dindt do that too right?

""Right ankle."

"Left arm."

His next target had a leopard's face. It worked, but once again his target died soon after.
A sudden occurrence of medical dysfunction in one's left arm: There may be people capable of surviving it, but some might just die from the shock.

"Not working too well compared to just going all out..."

Yogiri mumbled as he began considering simply killing them without further thought.

"Eyeball."

He used his power on a canine beastman, and was successful.
It was a more precise target than an ankle, but perhaps its independence as an organ made it an easier mark.

"OooOO! ´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á´╝á!"

The dogman writhed on the ground with his hand covering his eye.

"Nose, ears."

Yogiri continued to use his power on the beastman. If he possessed the same properties as a dog then first his sense of smell and hearing should be eliminated.
His ears and nose also died as intended. However, killing three of the five senses could hardly be called a success as far as going easy on people went."

He killed those parts that are tied with those senses, and this dude didnt die even after those parts were killed by yogiri and he actualyl didnt even kill just one but the eyeball,nose and ears, so tell me again why yogiri cant use his powers in a specific part?

Check this img (Edited, too large)

Guess who has the burden of proof ? it's u not me as i already showed the example it's u who is try to spin it as u want

btw here "

There was a red rose inside of it.

As everyone looked over to it, a single petal lightly fell from the rose.

"This is?" (Carol)

"I tried to experiment with my ability when I was with Tomochika before. At the time I didn't think that there was much of a point to it, but recently I remembered that it'll be a necessary tool to have in order to get information out of that Sage." (Yogiri)

Tomochika remembered the situation he was talking about.

Yogiri's ability was way too strong. So much so that it's usefulness can be limited. Therefore, he tested out whether or not he was able to use it while taking it easy on somebody.

At the time, the results were horrifying.

The target would generally just die when even one part of the body abruptly stopped functioning."

this is the example u are pointing at it's especially stated he can't

u keep trying to spin and spin but u already made 4 of the fallacy (+playing the victim)

grace is long over and u added nothing

The target would generally just die when even one part of the body abruptly stopped functioning."

GENERALLY, can you even read at this point? You are not looking into the details and the words that are used and also the context. When yogiri treid to kill someone part before he ended up killing them because he never practiced that, but he still was able to kill specific parts like eyes,nose and ears and yet that person didnt die, the rose didnt die when he killed the petal, I'm not spinning i gave you example from feats that happened in the novel itself i wont bothet to continue here if you cant even admit you're at wrong here

no man he killed the specifc organ not the sense, he specific said he was killing the eye,nose and ears never said anything of killing the sense

read this in specific

"

"Eyeball."

He used his power on a canine beastman, and was successful.
It was a more precise target than an ankle, but perhaps its independence as an organ made it an easier mark."

He targeted the organ not the sense

he can just kill half of touma body, or kill his sense making touma completely useless too he doesnt need to kill some specific limb, i will concede at least of him not being able to kill those limbs yet even tho i believe he should already be more than able to do it since he was able to be precise enough to kill a single petal from a rose which would need him to have better control over his power

Why close this? There is so many things to discuss for the outcome? You dont want to argument? I come here and try to have a talk give parts of the novel and everything and just because you disagree with it this should be closed even if 'im giving enough evidence for what i'm saying?

Even more that if yogiri wouldnt be able to use his instant kill on touma its basically a free win for touma and yet he got a winning match in his profile? At least remove the win and the defeat from yogiri profile if its going to close this

this is pointless u are even denying facts stated in the novel

Btw ur original argument was that touma would instantly die pretty much ignoring every argument above

Sorry but i won't answer about that, i quoted the novel, i told you the reason why he can do X and what happened in there yet you still claim that i'm the one denying something that its stated in the novel and every answer you tryed to give the novel actually show you otherwise

For example i will give another example of the limbs

"The target would generally just die when even one part of the body abruptly stopped functioning." <- Generally this means that it was not always, its not 100% of something

"Left arm."

His next target had a leopard's face. It worked, but once again his target died soon after.
A sudden occurrence of medical dysfunction in one's left arm: There may be people capable of surviving it, but some might just die from the shock.

Here yogiri actually kill the person arm but the narrator doesnt say that he died becaues of yogiri power power but because of a sudden ocurrence of medical dysfunction but he notes that some people may survive it but some might die from the shock which happened in this case

The first one he targeted the right arm died instantly because it was yogiri power in action the second didnt actually died instantly but died because of something else its not hard to understand it

Sure, Yogiri can aim at specific parts of the body, but how does this help fight against Touma? If yogiri uses his power in surrounding objects, mainly buildings, he will easily beat Touma, but using the ID directly on the Touma will only be momentarily effective.

if It leads to death or if it affect his right hand indirectly it gets negated and people tried (spell that weakens u until ur hearth stop, spell that control/paralyze the nervous system only (not brain), brain control to stop his right hand from touching his head, removal of oxygen from body,etc) That's why I said it will not work,as it will always kill (and btw I'm low balling IB, if we go by what is shown anything that targets touma that does not have a specific workaround or surpass his limits gets negated, but we prefer to simply go by case)

when he actually deactivates only 1 part of the body without killing his opponent then i will edit and add it myself if someone does not do it before me (part not senses)

Not only has the grace ended days ago but it's clearly getting out of hand with the insults as well

Add the fight when ya'll can and discuss in the removal thread or somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back