• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death vs Imagine Breaker (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep he have great advantage on CQC, not only the sword but touma Will be in trouble if he fight and His leg instantly broken, or His eyes blind etc

Malox1696 said:
he clearly says he cant and even shows it chapter 4 page 4
No? He clearly says: Left Arm; Right Ankle; Noses and Eyes, killing all those specific parts. He also killed the entire lower body of another guy

considering he is allowed to use the environment no, he is capable to deal with him, he does not have master swordsmen tag, just trowing ricks at him might do it,or even wait him at corner, then he has much better raw stats and experience in cqc, btw u are making the fight with the assumption he does realize touma ability which seems really unlikely considering it would be the first time his power don't work

EmperorDoom25 said:
No? He clearly says: Left Arm; Right Ankle; Noses and Eyes, killing all those specific parts. He also killed the entire lower body of another guy
nha he wanted to just kill those parts but ended up killing them anyway "i gues the enitre lower body might have been too much" "right ankle " ah didn't work" "how about left arm" and they all die, the only one it worked is when he killed his senses instead

i vote touma cause his precog will work 100% (unlike yogiri), he has much more experience, can use the environment to his advantage , raw stats advantage, and for his opponent power to work on him it requires very specific work arounds that might not even work and would require understating how IB works + surprise factor

Hope it won't become another "Instant Death" downplay thread

well if does not it does not work, IB is always active and the feats back it up, i decided to even read the web novel (up to v 4 ch 5) and he pretty much only uses his power if that does not work he is not much different from a normal kid, although why does he have a sword as standard equipment ? (up to were i catch up he never used it)

I'm gonna vote for Touma for IB negging death, and his better cqc experience and precognition. To my knowledge Yogiri doesn't have much experience with his sword in the first place, so him wielding a sword isn't much of an advantage for anything except maybe getting Touma to act more cautiously, which would give him more chances to try ID. However, Touma's vast experience with the supernatural should let him quickly deal with having his sensory organs killed. I vote Touma.

although why does he have a sword as standard equipment ? (up to were i catch up he never used it)

Because in the current chapters he carries a sword, mostly to hide the fact that he has ID though.

Edit:

But it's not like he hasn't used it in combat.

Hm? Correct me if Im wrong, but Touma cant actually completely resist instant death right? During that arc with Othinus in NT didnt she kill him again and again when she still have god power? The only reason he didnt die for real is because she didnt want him to die for real and want to break him instead isnt it?

well she used physical means to kill him(sending galaxy against one other, moon, decapitating,etc) , or altered the rules of the universe itself (no more law that keeps atom together,etc) and used the trick with the phases that make think IB that everything is normal "And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself"

Why are people thinking instant death wont work on touma ? Aurelous fights shows that he gets affected by some powers and he needs to do something about it with his right hand, he is getting noone of this and getting instantly killed by yogiri, thinking his Imagine breaker can negate something that kill in conceptual level when he was affected by much weaker things its a completely NLF, and Aurelous was just reality warping i disagree thinking it is death manipulation when his power its about making what he thinks into reality, its nor really the same as what yogiri have even though it has a similar process

Ah,also yogiri profile is incomplete it was stated that Yogiri its not even something alive to begin, so i dont think touma would be able to even kill him to begin wtih

Might as well ask why yogiri instant death is only low 2-C when its stated that the heavenly eater contained several universes within itself and even a space time on the profile?

Because he has negated death before.

Izzard imagined Himegami's death. So via reality warping he can achieve death manipulation.

On the contrary IB is much more powerful than anything this user has shown. Imagine breaker should be High 1-C negation. No one cares enough to attempt to change it though.

Why would IB be Hich 1-C negation? When he didnt negate aurelous powers on himself? And if anyone will not bother to change might as well dont use it, we are going to use status that arent listed in the profiles now? Also death manipulation by realtiy warping wont be the same as yogiri since he might as well kill concepts with it and aurelous wouldnt be able to do that

Yes touma negated himegami death but how is he negating death that happened on himself? Aurelous was able to use powers on touma and it woeked until touma took action to deal with it

Negated Othinus' Gungnir. Can undo Phase Shifts made by a MG. The Ultimate shield as opposed to World Rejectors Ultimate Sword which is stated to be able to defeat Full Power MG's and Crushed Nephthys' phase.

I think this was explained earlier but it's going to be passively negated. there's no difference between him touching himegami and IB negating his own death since his arm is attached to him.

Yet its repeately showed to be unable to fully negate several powers,actually he does cancel them but since they are too strong he will take more and more time to cancel them but he probably will lose it before that

Also its not like that, the spell that he negated on himegami only worked because he touched her with his right arm, negatin his own death makes no sense when he is affected by stuff like suffocated and having his memory wiped, he would need to touch the part of his body that was affected by the spell to actually negate it, and there is no part of his body that its affected by yogiri instant kill so he can touch it, its not his body that its being targeted by yogiri instant kill

It is like that. It is simply the mechanics of the attacks that cause IB trouble, such as continous attacks like beam attacks, Black wings, or Fiamma's sword. The AP isn't the issue.

We had this discussion above. fullbody effects get negated, specific attacks regarding body parts can work until touched with his right hand.

But its not touma body that its being affect tho? Thtas the point Yogiri instant death will not target his body so he can negate it, if yogiri that its probably able to negate concepts why would he needs to target touma body? Instant Death its pretty specific unles yogiri target his powers to something else what its targeted its not touma wohle body but his life itself the rest of his body dying its jsut a consequence of it being taken away

Also how being continous is a issue? If it negates it negates thats the point of the Imagine breaker, And Fiamma Sword and Othinus crossbows attacks are other proof that AP/Size is a issue they are not continuous attacks at all

High 1C is also because he negated Corazon's Flaming Sword, the same attack that put Accel's vector shield at High 1C.

All that he needed to get into contact with, something he wont have with yogiri insta kill

Also i'd like to reafirm that touma would also not be able to kill yogiri since he was stated to not be even alive, when he was in earth he could be killed easy if his powers were just instant killing people and dont having something that make him unableto die, they could for example just setup a bomb that would explode in X time yogiri would die by it, but they never did it since it seems it would be useless anyway

Also thinking a bit i still believe that Touma never negated a truly instant death attack, when he touched himegami he negated a spell that was on her, so she didnt die because of a instant death atack she was put on a spell that made her die and when the spell was gone she came back, its like if someone fires a magic at you and you get hurt touma wouldnt be able to heal you after you got affected by the magic attack unless the wound its a spell that stays there, but if there is no spell to negate just the wound as a consequence of the spell he wont be able to do anything, same case here he was onyl able to save himegami because there was a spell under her that keep her dead so touma oculd negate it, there will be nothing like this with yogiri

Can i ask u where did u get this information ? im up with translation with the novel, what u said never happened and bombs don't work simply cause he can sense and "kill" them, and touma would never kill anyone in the first place he will just knock him out like he does with everyone

he did negate instant death before already, aisa was killed by reality warping cause that's how ars magna work, if he had used a car to kill her then it would not work but death manipulation gets negated (and before u say but when the spell ends everything turn backs to normal that's false or all the people in the school would be dead and the school just a piece of ruin), he just touched her and she got revived, IB is already attached to his body it's obv it would not work has it's part of him already he does not need to touch himself as he is already doing it, all ur other example are targeted reality warping which will work if they don't affect his right hand indirectly (example izzard was able to block air in touma throat but when a spell that tried to suck oxygen from the body tried it didn't)

Ah,also yogiri profile is incomplete it was stated that Yogiri its not even something alive to begin, so i dont think touma would be able to even kill him to begin wtih.

^^This is true. The reason why it's not on his profile is because we don't know what that statement actually means, or if it was just hyperbole.

I'm sure it'll be expanded on later and he can get an upgrade whenever that happens.

Lol, remember, the Low 2-C stuff on his profile was translated relatively recently...As in, while I was making the profile.

Malox1696 said:
Can i ask u where did u get this information ? im up with translation with the novel, what u said never happened and bombs don't work simply cause he can sense and "kill" them, and touma would never kill anyone in the first place he will just knock him out like he does with everyone
he did negate instant death before already, aisa was killed by reality warping cause that's how ars magna work, if he had used a car to kill her then it would not work but death manipulation gets negated (and before u say but when the spell ends everything turn backs to normal that's false or all the people in the school would be dead and the school just a piece of ruin), he just touched her and she got revived, IB is already attached to his body it's obv it would not work has it's part of him already he does not need to touch himself as he is already doing it, all ur other example are targeted reality warping which will work if they don't affect his right hand indirectly (example izzard was able to block air in touma throat but when a spell that tried to suck oxygen from the body tried it didn't)

Pretty sure you msised stuff when you read it then, it was stated by those girls that come from earth that were the ones that had to look at him, and others people also stated that,also a timed bomb should work there is no killing intent comign from it so he can actually kill it at best he would be able to do it when the explosion happens and it would be too late

Also yogiri reflexes i'm pretty sure they are much more than athletic level and not based if the enemy wants to kill him but simple wanting to harm him its enough, when he was with the girl on the train he felt the danger coming and he also knewn exacrly how to move to protect both him and her from the attack, but tbf i dont remember pefectly how it went out

I also talked about ars magna might he worked, it was never stated exactly how ars magna works aside of that it put thoughts into realtiy but if you look into details, when touma touched aisa it was stated that he negated the spell, so ars manga was still working on her touma would need to touch the supernatural phenomenon to negate it, if it actually already did what it wanted the consequences of the event it touched would not be supernatural her death is not something supernatural so IB would not bring her back to life unless her death would be something that was happening because there was something supernatural putting her on that state

Also even if yogiri istant death was to be negated on touma his reaction to anything harmfull to him would be just to so high that after touma not being killed his next action would to try to kill individual body parts of him in the exact speed, llike yogiri actually is aware of when he is reacting to stuff he is killing i'm pretty sure even on ridiculous scale because he actually say "die" to heavenly record before doing the deed when it was going to eat the universe he is in, so at the moment touma has the idea of harming yoigir and insatnt death of his whole body would not work he would go for his other body parts yogiri inst really stupid

If the bomb explodes, he would still kill it

Heck, not even a psssive miasma worked, an explosion would be waaaay slower. He would predict and kill it

A explosio nits a explosion, the miasma didnt work because he actually killed the devil that was the source of the explosion and then the miasma was useless

Also if you guys really believe that touma IB should High 1-C i'm really against giving him this win, it would be a stomp yogiri would have nothing to actually win this figth against touma, he has no experience on hand-to-hand combat afaik, he has less endurance and if touma has negation powers so much higher than what yogiri can actually deal with with his instant death powers he never had a chance to win this fight to begin with

EmperorDoom25 said:
Instant Death is still beyond fate, so he would kill the bomb with no diff. And he has precog
Tbh i'm not sure exactly everything of being beyond fate really means, i was under impression its just that when yogiri kills something absolutely nothing will save them not even if they are somehow fated to survive or something

claymores already don't work there is no difference between timed bombs and claymore (they just start timer of 0.001 second when u are near them) literally in the latest translated chaps (so it's u who should reread it not me)

and did u even read this thread, yogiri can't kill individual part only the senses as he can't still fully control it, as already stated above

and again it works on killing intent(even object or anything that is about to kill him), harming is not killing intent even simply stopping him is not killing intent (he didn't predict getting imprisoned by ice) touma in character wouldn't kill anyone even when his life is on the line, this as been shown multiple times, he always just disarm the opponent and knocks them out and precog would not work already in virtue of IB

btw u said watched so i believe u are an anime only so u missed the novel with izzard thought

"(Whatever. I don't care about your stupid logic. Just like when you got your stolen memories back by pure coincidence, you only canceled my order to "die" with that right hand. I don't care about any of that stuff at all.)"

it got cancelled, no matter how u spin it, the spell itself didn't get cancelled as ars magna is continuous reality warping he probably needed to start from 0 if it got fully negated, he just cancelled the death

for all the other feat like not alive, etc i would but them on hold (even if they are irrelevant here) simply cause they might be related to his seals and were never explained or simply assumptions, if translation was not so slow we would already know more (i could make a guess after the shinigami appeared but too little info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back