• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insect Brackets Round 5: Praying Mantis vs Bullet Ant

Aguywhodoesthings

VS Battles
Calculation Group
the first match of the half finals and the overall 5th round of the real world insect brackets
fighters start on a grass field and melee range away from each other (so like a couple centimeters lol)
speed equalized and there are 5 ants
Praying Mantis: 3 (Lou_change, Peppersalt43, J.J._Chambers)
Bullet Ant(s): 6 (JustANormalLemon, FarerPurple, Dusty_Raider, XSOULOFCINDERX, Dinamic8000, rawXDglomp)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Maybe i should equalize the speed? Since i feel like the mantis would just blitz due to subsonic reactions

A single bullet ant is going to have no chance of safely approaching a praying Mantis outside of extreme situations.

Maybe i should equalize the speed? Since i feel like the mantis would just blitz due to subsonic reactions
Hehehehe. Yeah, no. Reactions would only be reduced by the same amount as the Mantis's other speeds.

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

~ Versus Thread Rules

it's never a good idea to out a single ant against any other insect because Ants are only good when they are with their colony.

Yeah tbh
The mantis would probably pick off all the ants as they just start processing the situation
10 ants sounds fairer now that i think about it

At that point since the ants NEED to sting to win and since the praying Mantis beats the shit out of mice and tanks hits from cats, there isn't a stat the Mantis doesn't have the advantage in that matters

No, a mantis kills bugs smaller than it by eating them it is not going to eat 15 ants before the close in on it unless we make it so the Mantis can sneak attack. Even then this is purely for fairness.

Let me put it this way the range the start at is a Mantis's grab range meaning it will take around 2 seconds, a Mantis takes more than two seconds to eat an ant if the ants get the chance to force it to stop moving they win.
5 ants if we are still try to change the rules.

Let me put it this way the range the start at is a Mantis's grab range meaning it will take around 2 seconds, a Mantis takes more than two seconds to eat an ant if the ants get the chance to force it to stop moving they win.
5 ants if we are still try to change the rules.
This battle will not be toe the turnament sinse it's a stomp in a 1x1, now we are just doing it for the fun

Mantis FRA for now

Seriously though, the 2v1 rule is kinda annoying when a fighter's gimmick is sheer numbers. Bees, wasps, piranhas, and many others aren't at their full potential when on their own

Back