• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the most you could say Zeus and Supes are relative but Zeus is slightly stronger which I think does work
He could definitely lose the Likely Higher tho

Okay. It still seems weird to me that Superman < Zeus = Highfather = Darkseid = Superman. It is a does not compute scenario when it comes from the exact same writer.

Also the comic in question is Year Four #20
Zeus is intangible and sends Supes to his knees with a backhand and then drops him, Diana and Bruce with a thunderbolt
In fairness Supes does fly off to Apokalips in the next issue but I think it's fair to say Supes isn't equal to Zeus
If there is a difference, it's fair to say that it's not all that much. All of the evidence points to Superman literally being unable to harm Zeus, like imagine how the Darkseid vs Superman fight would've gone if Darkseid had some of Zeus' powers. Superman swipes through him, and Darkseid bats him across the castle, sure Superman can take many hits from Darkseid, but without being able to hurt him it's a lost battle.

Okay. It still seems weird to me that Superman < Zeus = Highfather = Darkseid = Superman. It is a does not compute scenario when it comes from the exact same writer.
If there is a difference, it's fair to say that it's not all that much. All of the evidence points to Superman literally being unable to harm Zeus, like imagine how the Darkseid vs Superman fight would've gone if Darkseid had some of Zeus' powers. Superman swipes through him, and Darkseid bats him across the castle, sure Superman can take many hits from Darkseid, but without being able to hurt him it's a lost battle.
Regardless we aren't treating Supes as more then slightly inferior to Zeus and if anything they're mostly relative by current scaling

Yes, Darkseid would likely have an easier time against Zeus, due to manipulating the Omega Effect, whereas Zeus can turn intangible to Superman if he wants to.
Regardless we aren't treating Supes as more then slightly inferior to Zeus and if anything they're mostly relative by current scaling
Okay. Never mind then.

See I'm unsure if Darkseid is = Highfather in this continuity
I can definitely buy them all being roughly relative to each other tho (Even if one is slightly stronger then the other)

If Zeus is at best equal to Highfather, who is equal to Darkseid, who is equal to Superman, I think that it seems safest to simply consider Zeus to have an edge against Superman due to hax.

See I'm unsure if Darkseid is = Highfather in this continuity
I can definitely buy them all being roughly relative to each other tho (Even if one is slightly stronger then the other)
Are you certain? Traditionally Darkseid has been portrayed as equal to or slightly stronger than Highfather.

I've read the entire Injustice run
Highfather's only scaling is to Zeus
He's never even acknowledged beyond Year Four stuff. What is the case in other continuities may well not be the case in this one and that's why we go case by case

If that's Highfather's only scaling then there's not really much to say. New Genesis and Apokolips are, traditionally, and always enemies, but I know how much this site doesn't like to speculate. The best we can do is just say Zeus is slightly stronger, but without a prolonged exposure and seeing how much Superman would harm Zeus if physically struck, yeah I'm really not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back