• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 6-C seems to come from some kind of confusion.

IIRC, we agreed Sinestro would just kind of downscale (like at most High 6-C) while Superman would somewhat upscale since his passive forcefield was mostly undamaged and Superman was relatively casual, but then the 6-C stuff started to come back up after the Poseidon calc.

Yes. Constructs are stronger than their passive forcefields, as Sinestro's construct was barely intact from Ganthet's blast, whereas two of his high ranking soldiers that have fought strong GLs were reduced to smithereens.

Based on the above discussion, I think that Zeus simply out-haxed Superman, but is roughly equal in power to Darkseid and Highfather, and as such Superman as well.

Have these modified comparable statistics been applied already?

Nah, Zeus physically overpowered him with a casual backhand slap, no hax here
If Superman was mostly undamaged, and Zeus, Highfather, and Darkseid are otherwise considered roughly equal, I think that we can write it off as an inconsistency.

If Superman was mostly undamaged, and Zeus, Highfather, and Darkseid are otherwise considered roughly equal, I think that we can write it off as an inconsistency.
Besides, without seeing a long drawn out confrontation, it is very hard to judge just how far above Superman Zeus is.

I don't think I'm the only one who'd prefer to scale the much more drawn out Superman vs Darkseid than the two or three panel Superman vs Zeus.

Besides, without seeing a long drawn out confrontation, it is very hard to judge just how far above Superman Zeus is.

I don't think I'm the only one who'd prefer to scale the much more drawn out Superman vs Darkseid than the two or three panel Superman vs Zeus.
It lasted one panel si yeah
Well Zeus was utterly casual with his gesture and Supes was clearly out of his league so Zeus is definitely superior to him but I agree that's not by a gigantic margin

True, I just feel the Varies better reflects Ares' mechanics
In that case it'd be At most High 6-C (While weakened by the One Earth Regime was able to fight but lose against an alternate Aquaman and Wonder Woman) | High 6-C (at his absolute prime was able to overpower Diana but was overwhelmed by Superman)

I'd also note we might have Zeus scaling for Prime Ares and he does swat aside Yellow Lantern

True, I just feel the Varies better reflects Ares' mechanics
In that case it'd be At most High 6-C (While weakened by the One Earth Regime was able to fight but lose against an alternate Aquaman and Wonder Woman) | High 6-C (at his absolute prime was able to overpower Diana but was overwhelmed by Superman)

I'd also note we might have Zeus scaling for Prime Ares and he does swat aside Yellow Lantern
I agree with both personnally, it could go like that "Varies, at most High 6-C | High 6-C" with the justification for the varies part being about how his powers rely on war to keep him strong. Also, for the prime tier, I think it's good if we simply mention he overpowers Diana

I agree with both personnally, it could go like that "Varies, at most High 6-C | High 6-C" with the justification for the varies part being about how his powers rely on war to keep him strong. Also, for the prime tier, I think it's good if we simply mention he overpowers Diana
That works for me.

Also can’t Batman’s tier with the Powered Armor just be ‘higher’? Putting High 6-C twice just seems redundant.

It's kind of redundant yeah but the armor made him straight up High 6-C since he fought and defeated Supes in a "fair" fight so this is worth saying he's on the same level
Something like “higher with Powered Armor (Defeated Wonder Woman. Fought Superman on even grounds and defeated him)” should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back