• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite strength saitama!?

Sisyphusx

He/Him
So in shounenjump site, there is a onepunchman info page (made by ONE and murata) https://youngjump.jp/onepunch_info/

This have character's profile showing their sadness, uncool and strength level where in saitama's profile
His strength is shown to be "infinite"

What do y'all think about this?

Last edited:
Until he outputs an infinite amount of energy on an attack, "Infinite" in the context would just mean "Very great in amount or degree", as we've seen how powerful he can get.
If it was of a very large amount he could have written it as 99999e+ or any finite number but he made it go far outside the measurement graph itself and put infinite's sign there
Though it could mean that saitama can grow infinitely (infinite potential) cause we have seen him not being infinite in strength in saitama vs garou fight

If it was of a very large amount he could have written it as 99999e+ or any finite number but he made it go far outside the measurement graph itself and put infinite's sign there
Though it could mean that saitama can grow infinitely (infinite potential) cause we have seen him not being infinite in strength in saitama vs garou fight
Yes, infinite potential would be plausible.

How old was that info btw?

Yeah, it could be referring to his exponential and limitless growth. His current strength is unknown anyways.

Considering he broke his limiter, infinite potential is definitely a thing for Saitama imo
Yes

How old was that info btw?

Yeah, it could be referring to his exponential and limitless growth. His current strength is unknown anyways.
ig that post's release date is older than ch 168 where ONE could have planned for infinite strength saitama but changed it to infinite potential afterwards in manga

Chapter 168 proves that Saitama doesn't have infinite strength. Infinite strength Saitama has been a common misconception until that chapter.
No it doesn't. The graph proves nothing. Tie this with the Theory of Relativity issue from my CRT and this becomes a little more consistsent.

No it doesn't. The graph proves nothing. Tie this with the Theory of Relativity issue from my CRT and this becomes a little more consistsent.
It kinda does. It reinforces Gneus's theory of the limiter. That Saitama has infinite growth. He may only be this strong currently, but he will reach infinite levels of strength eventually, likely when he fights God, who is probably Universal or so.

His current full AP is a mystery anyways, as stated by the narrator. No one knows how many times he's become more powerful.

Honestly the graph never stops, so I am pretty sure, we can use infinite strength as infinite growth.

Is the infinite thing equal to an author statement or is it a secondary source
either way it’s gonna be rejected, even if it really is infinite according to a reliable source, but I’m just curious

either way it’s gonna be rejected, even if it really is infinite according to a reliable source, but I’m just curious
Secondary + it is reliable (canon) source I assume.

Secondary + it is reliable (canon) source I assume.
It’s an L then
By the way chapter 167’s sp^2 doesn’t prove Saitama doesn’t have infinite strength, just saying
blast contained the explosion and made it shoot out like a laser, and we have no idea if it ever stopped destroying stuff past the visible universe.
If you’re gonna make an infinite strength Saitama thread tho, at least bring up them being able to overload hyperspace gates

The biggest issue is that Saitama doesn’t have the means to actually get infinite strength regardless of what he does
His growth is usually small and linear, and exponential at best, but it’s mathematically impossible to have exponential growth reach infinity in a finite amount of time. And it’s not like there were any infinite power enemies for him to use shakkei on either, so that’s out of the question too

The biggest issue is that Saitama doesn’t have the means to actually get infinite strength regardless of what he does
His growth is usually small and linear, and exponential at best, but it’s mathematically impossible to have exponential growth reach infinity in a finite amount of time. And it’s not like there were any infinite power enemies for him to use shakkei on either, so that’s out of the question too
Why it is mathematically impossible? Infinite strength in a finite time is possible.

You mean this?

Yes it's a statement directly coming from the author ONE + it's not on a platform like twitter but on shounenjump opm character profile
So it's 100% reliable

Why it is mathematically impossible? Infinite strength in a finite time is possible.
It’s only possible if your growth is infinite to begin with
the only way to really achieve something infinite in finite time is through a supertask
supertask meaning crossing half of a distance in 1 second, then crossing half that distance in .5 seconds, and half that distance in .25 seconds, getting faster and faster until you cross an infinite amount of half-distances at an infinite rate. That being said, Saitama’s growth is explicitly exponential at its peak, meaning he can’t really do that

It’s only possible if your growth is infinite to begin with
the only way to really achieve something infinite in finite time is through a supertask
supertask meaning crossing half of a distance in 1 second, then crossing half that distance in .5 seconds, and half that distance in .25 seconds, getting faster and faster until you cross an infinite amount of half-distances at an infinite rate. That being said, Saitama’s growth is explicitly exponential at its peak, meaning he can’t really do that
i was thinking about that

Also, as far as I remember, Genos said that Saitama transcends space and time, and space-time according to his hypothesis (which could be correct) has infinite worlds/universes.

Of course, you will say that it was just a hypothesis,but the fact that he was right in the manipulation of causality and in the saitama fusioning with another timeline version of himself probes this,so in totality is not unreasonable.

(also that when saitama traveled in time you can see that there are bubbles, which could be different time lines or ''worlds'')

Bro what? Space-time transcendence was time travel, if I am not mistaken.
And from where did you get infinite universes, huh?

Genos said that Saitama transcends space and time
That could also mean time traveling as saitama went back in time that is going beyond the limitations of time rules (?)
according to his hypothesis (which could be correct) has infinite worlds/universes
Yes, cause his assumption was that the verse functions on MWI theory
the fact that he was right in the manipulation of causality
Sadly causality manipulation got rejected in another thread even though I agree with it :(

You mean this?

Yes it's a statement directly coming from the author ONE + it's not on a platform like twitter but on shounenjump opm character profile
So it's 100% reliable
How do you know if ONE made this?

Genos said countless universe but his explanation was of MWI (if i'm not mistaking) that could get the verse infinite universes (if it functions)
yes:
The many-worlds interpretation implies that there are most likely an uncountably infinite number of universes.It is one of many multiverse hypotheses in physics and philosophy. MWI views time as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realised. This is intended to resolve the measurement problem and thus some paradoxes of quantum theory, such as the EPR parado and Schrödinger's cat,since every possible outcome of a quantum event exists in its own universe.
and we know that genos is correct because he got the causality manipulation right(causality physics)and the thing about saitama fusion with himself

Back