• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite-sized DC Comics universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I lost track and not sure what's going on. I remember a proposal for DC universe being infinite, but made sure to make some feats outliers.

I agree with post-cisis universes being infinite, but we need some more evidence about post-flashpoint universes. In Green Lantern vol 5 universe was depicted as finite but it was contradicted in Snyder's JLA run where it was stated that universe is infinite.

Regarding scalings, i think we should create a seperate CRT for it.

I found another scan for DC universes being infinite(think it's Post-Flashpoint):
Screenshot_20220620-221650.jpg

Thank you for helping out.

So should we apply this change then? We need some good plans regarding how this will affect different characters though.

Wait a minute. It's not even a comic guide. It's for an RPG. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Adventures

Also, "Green Ronin ran into a major problem when, shortly after the release of DC Adventures, DC Comics suddenly rebooted their entire comic book universe with The New 52, instantly making the material in DC Adventures obsolete." [Shannon Appelcline (2014). Designers & Dragons: The '00s. Evil Hat Productions.]

But I am not trying to use the scan as the main evidence, I am just trying to use it to support JL 2018's scan.
From my previous post, it's actually not even a comic guide.

Even if we were to count it, it was written for Post-Crisis, as shown by the table of contents.

Thank you for the information. I do not think that it can be used then.

Can somebody remind us about what we currently need to do here please?

Okay. Help with that would obviously be appreciated then.

I thought Post Crisis was fine? Just looking for post flashpoint?
PC was accepted, I just don't think a comprehensive list was made for every statement.

Also could someone post the evidence for the Rebirth Universe being infinite? I know there's the teacher statement and JL annual statement, but is that it?

Okay so from what I got:

Pre-Crisis:
Post-Crisis:
(Authors, dates, etc. for most of the statements can be found here)

Rebirth:

Last edited:
So, how is everyone feeling about Infinite Sized Pre-Crisis and Rebirth Universes? Imo, Pre-Crisis definitely has enough evidence, but Rebirth is a bit underwhelming. There's still a few scans though, so I'm open to Infinite sized Rebirth Universes if others agree.

Also, how do we plan on implementing infinite Universes in justifications? Will we link to every scan individually, or should be link to a blog with all the statements in it?

I have already, i am saying what are we going to do with that scaling, this pretty much upgrades most to infinite speed which should have problems
Edit; since some people are having issues with this, let me clarify for the last time; NO, it DOESN'T mean heralds get infinite speed or high 3A AP. Unless they have consistent feats or statements that are meant to be on this level and doesn't cause scaling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back