• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite-sized DC Comics universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid that I am currently not sure what we should do here.

However, infinite speed seems like a too high value to assign to most of the DC Comics superheroes.

Couldn't the part of the universe that contains physical matter be finite, whereas the whole totality empty space is infinite?

However, infinite speed seems like a too high value to assign to most of the DC Comics superheroes.
Nobody is slapping high 3a and infinite speed on heralds. They aren't the centre of every revision.

Again, as I clearly pointed out in my original post, only those with sufficient feats can get this. Heck, most of the lanterns won't have infinite speed either.

Because their universe crossing usually means 3600 sectors only.

Not that I am arguing for it, but ultimately, what is the issue with lanterns having infinite speed at peak? People like Hal has 2c to 2a ap at peak, same with Dura, wahts so unbelievably unrealistic about him having mftl and infinite speed at peak?
Couldn't the part of the universe that contains physical matter be finite, whereas the whole totality empty space is infinite?
If you can prove it, sure. But the problem is, there isn't.

In any case, whatever happens, the 3600 and a bit more can be at least 200 trillion in size, so lanterns would usually scale to this in terms of speed. But the universe itself is infinite.

Can somebody write a tally for which members that think what here please?

Here's the current list of Post-Crisis (1986 - 2011) Infinite Universe size statements
Let me know if you found more to be added.

Last edited:
Here's the current list of Post-Crisis (1986 - 2011) Infinite Universe size statements
I think it's enough to prove that post-crisis universes are infinite. What do you think?

Thank you for helping out. That seems sufficiently conclusive to me at least.

Should we wait a bit for further input before starting to apply this revision, and does anybody have any planned schematics for how we should modify our character profile page statistics afterwards?

So do you have a plan of approach here, Confluctor, and what help do you need from other knowledgeable members?

Plan of approach for what will happen after infinite sized uni gets accepted?

The basic plan for that is already in the OP. Certain feats, especially of heralds, will need to be evaluated individually - case by case stuff.

Okay. I thought that infinite-sized universes had already been accepted going by the responses that I received above, or should we wait for further input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back