• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS vs Homestuck Timeline

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Remember that inFAMOUS vs MCU Timeline I attempted? Well, I'm trying that again. Basically, this is going to be a series of versus threads that all come together to form one long story. This thread us just to keep track if the story. It's also so people unaware of this happening have some udea id what's going on, as I plan include other verses in this as well, such as the MCU, MHA, Steven Universe, Star Wars, and so on. Current Plot is this. Epilogues!Era Rose foresees the coming of Ultimate Dirk and all the harm that he'd do. They devise to create a device to restrict Dirk and prevent him from becoming his Ultimate Self. To do that, they need some more technical know how. They can't get Dirk himself to do it because that would cause Ultimate Dirk to know what they were doing and stop them, sense he's a combination of every Dirk in the multiverse. In order to beat Ultimate Dirk, they needed a variable he'd never expect. They needed a Player from another universe. They needed Zeke Dunbar.

Of course, this brings problems. Every universe has its own proficiencies. Things that will always happen because fate said so. In the same way SBURB would always create the next universe in their timeline, in any timemine that Cole MacGrath or his friends exist, The Beast will also exist. Further complicating the issue is that Dirk is already Ultimate Dirk by the time if the Epilogues, so bringing in Zeke now would just get him killed, as Ultimate Dirk would be instantly aware of the threat and eliminate him. So Future John uses his Retcon powers to go back to Past Rose and explain all of this to her. Rose immediately gathers her friends. She has Dirk build a machine that can send them across universes, not telling him what it will be used for to avoid clueing in Ultimate Dirk. She then sends her friends out to gather other Players to help them fight The Beast. When Dave wakes up, she sends him to collect Cole and Zeke.

Dave intervenes just in time to keep Cole from killing himself with the RFI, but doesn't really have time to explain the situation (mostly because Rose hasn't fully explained it to him yet) abd Cole likely wouldn't believe him anyways. So, he decides to drag him back by force.

Cole MacGrath vs Dave Strider

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3770133?useskin=oasis

Part of what I'm going to do with this series narrative is explore the facets of Evil Cole's character. Mainly, by teaming him up with villains that reflect him in some way.

Thanos: Reflects Coles mentality of doing what needs to be done even at the cost of everything else and mirrors his twisted sense of pragmatism.

Palpatine: Reflects Cole's massive ego and manipulation. Demonstrates the monster that Cole is just a few steps away from being. When they need people, then those people will see them as perfect saints. Then they don't, they'll demonstrate exactly what kind of monster they are and flaunt it for the world to see.

Darth Vader: Reflects the consequences of Cole's vices. Cole feels that not only are hus actions justified, but necessary for the survival of himself and those he cares about, despite all the pain his actions bring. Both could've avoid the loss of their beloved if they had been less selfish, but fail to realize that and continue doing terribly things after their actions bite them in the ass. Constantly bringing pain and suffering on themselves as a result. In the end, all the ones they cared about are dead by their hand and they are left little choice but to just continue being awful people.

Rick Sanchez and The Diamonds: reflect the toxic effect that Cole has on those he loves. He either influences them to indulge endulge their darker impulses or otherwise behave as he wants them too. (Reflecting Cole's influence on Nix and Kuo) or will otherwise completely disregard their feelings for his own gain, not even realizing how much he's alienating them until it's spelled out for him. (Reflecting Cole's relationship with Trish in the first inFAMOUS)

Gamzee Makara: Reflects Cole's origin. Both ere despised by the world (Gamzee was feared by lowbloods for his status and hated by highbloods for not behaving as he should, Cole was feared as a terrorist long before he started zapping people in the streets),their friends (Gamzee's friends all saw him as a wimpy annoying stoner who won't shut up, Trish blames Cole for her sister's death and Zeke envies his powers), had bad families (Gamzee's dad straight up abandoned him and Kessler outright lists the reasons why Cole's parents were awful), and have one defining moment that cements their decent into villainy (Gamzee's religion being revealed to him as a joke and Trish dying in Cole's arms while calling him a monster). Ultimately, the people responsible for their decent into villainy don't consider the effects their actions may have had on them, albiet this is because of the effects of grief on them (All of Gamzee's former friends dismiss him as a sociopath after he kills Nepeta and Equius, Trish never admits to being wrong for blaming Cole for her sisters death in the Evil route).

Ultimately, all of these shared factors are the reason why Cole can influence these people. He can relate to them and empathize with them. However, the one member of his team who reflects him the least is the one who abandons him.

Vriska Serket: Cole had a choice in wether he became evil, even with everything listed above. Good Cole is living proof of this. Vriska didn't. She had to kill to feed her mother or she'd die herself. She had to be selfish in order to beat SBURB. She had to be a horrible person to help beat Lord English. But, at the end of the day, when she's finally able to reflect on herself and her flaws, when she is given a choice, she chooses to atone. To try to be better. Cole had every opportunity to turn back and didn't. Not after Trish calls him out, not after Kuo tries to reign him in, not after he's lost everyone he loved. Despite what he tells himself and others, he never needed to do what he did. At the end of the day, despite all his human qualities and understandable atrocities, he's exactly what everyone calls him. The Demon of Empire City.

I find this take on Evil Cole's character very interesting. Normally, most crossovers choose to focus on Good Cole either during Empire City or after he's sent somewhere else via the RFI. Then they usually treat him as an paragon of virtue, which kinda ignores a lot of his character arc.

Same for Evil Cole. Most people tend to right him as either unequivocally evil, almost like a 90's cartoon villain. What most people tend to forget, and I think this is partially due to SP's representation of the karma system, is that both karmic alliance Cole really struggled to get where they ended up character-wise. He resisted being a hero every step of the way, he initially only did bad things to try and help Zeke and Trish, most of the good deeds he did were done to benefit him.

Cole did not just wake up with super powers and decide to go full superhero or super villain right away, it was a process. Something that I think you're story is reflecting really well in its characterization.

Giving a quick preview of the next few matches while I wait for Cole vs Dave to finish.

Base Vriska Serket vs inFAMOUS 2 Evil Cole

On the fence about doing this one because I worry Vriska might not have a solid answer to Bio-leech. I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Prime All Might vs Karkat Vantas

Expecting All Might to win, but honestly surprisingly close. I could put together an argument for Karkat if I feel he's being sold short. Also the dialogue between these two will be really funny to write. The fact that this is fair at all is funny to me.

Sense this is moving so slowly, I'm gonna post the next match soon. It technically takes place at the same time as the first one, so it's not like continuity will be an issue. Just giving everyone a heads up.

Back