• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous Second Son Energy Feats

In Second Son, the prime conduits are able to turn people into energy casually and absorb it, which they currently scale to 1.5 gigatons. Fetch for example who was moderately injured by her own attack, could casually turn Shane into neon with no sign of exertion at all. However with Karmic Bombs, these conduits (at least Delsin and Fetch) are able to turn multiple to over a dozen people into energy through large AoE attacks designed to destroy higher durability targets, and large amounts of weaker targets and/or regular people. The question is where is the limit drawn at how many people are involved?

Well, we get to walk through the Longhouse after Augustine attacks Delsin's tribe. The player doesn't inspect every inch of the house, but I counted at least ten beds, which means at least ten people. In the evil ending, Delsin does an Orbital Drop on his tribe's Longhouse, obliterating it and everybody inside. Based on turning one person into energy, we're shown Delsin is capable of turning at least 10 people into energy at once, which is a 15 gigaton feat.

Delsin's current rating is supported by his Orbital Drop being able to crash Augustine's concrete island into the ocean. However, why don't we also acknowledge that Augustine created that island from scratch with her own powers? If we applied the density of concrete to the volume of her island above, it is a High 6-A feat.

I wasn't aware Augustine created the island, but not only do we not have a time frame, I have no idea how that would be High 6A, that honestly seems like a major outlier

I wasn't aware Augustine created the island, but not only do we not have a time frame, I have no idea how that would be High 6A, that honestly seems like a major outlier
I explained how in the OP. I understand the need for a timeframe (to see her maximum output rather than her doing it piece by piece over time), but mass energy conversion feats don’t use timeframes.

If I was to calculate every single one of Augustine’s bit feats where she grows concrete out of nowhere, we’re looking at tier 6-C at an absolute minimum.

I explained how in the OP. I understand the need for a timeframe (to see her maximum output rather than her doing it piece by piece over time), but mass energy conversion feats don’t use timeframes.

If I was to calculate every single one of Augustine’s bit feats where she grows concrete out of nowhere, we’re looking at tier 6-C at an absolute minimum.

Calculations accepted for DUP soldiers scaling to 6-C/6-B, Augustine having a 6-A feat and scaling above DUP as the prime conduit for their powers.

This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while now: aren't Infamous E=MC² calculations directly against our mass to energy conversion standards?

They state that E=MC² should only be used when there are genuine statements of mass to energy conversion, otherwise you get very inflated results, like the ones in this thread.

I mean, are we sure that Second Son's conversion isn't just hax? The process of turning people to Neon is the same as the one for turning them to smoke. Consequently, is Abigail ever stated to create her rocks from raw energy?

This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while now: aren't Infamous E=MC² calculations directly against our mass to energy conversion standards?

They state that E=MC² should only be used when there are genuine statements of mass to energy conversion, otherwise you get very inflated results, like the ones in this thread.

I mean, are we sure that Second Son's conversion isn't just hax? The process of turning people to Neon is the same as the one for turning them to smoke. Consequently, is Abigail ever stated to create her rocks from raw energy?
Conduits affect matter itself
Infamous 1's polarity wall "converts blocked damage into energy", all games are based on the same concepts.

Wouldn't that first thing prove that stuff like Abigail doesn't nescessarily need to be converting energy into matter? If she can control rock elements, then molding a island is completely possible without just making it out of nothing.

Delsin's thing is fair, though.

Wouldn't that first thing prove that stuff like Abigail doesn't nescessarily need to be converting energy into matter? If she can control rock elements, then molding a island is completely possible without just making it out of nothing.

Delsin's thing is fair, though.
There's no concrete anywhere in large water bodies, and concrete is man-made so it doesn't occur naturally. If she was simply manipulating concrete, then I believe the city of Seattle wouldn't come close to having the pre-existing amount of concrete needed to replicate her feats. Plus she spontaneously grows concrete from people's bones as shown in x-rays. She specifically manipulates concrete, no other types of rocks.

I see.

Looking back through the thread though, what do you mean by "mass to energy feats have no timeframe"? If she were to create, way, 10 tons of concrete a second, that would be a timeframe, since the energy would be measured in watts.

I see.

Looking back through the thread though, what do you mean by "mass to energy feats have no timeframe"? If she were to create, way, 10 tons of concrete a second, that would be a timeframe, since the energy would be measured in watts.
I meant the mass energy page doesn't account for time, I didn't find anything where feats need to be instant.. Time could be used to measure joules, but aren't joules just a way to measure energy?

It would essencially be the same principle as destroying a mountain overtime. E=MC² measures energy depending on how much mass is created, so if the mass of the island was created slowly, or overtime, then the result would be far bigger. 6-A assumes she created the island all at once.

It would essencially be the same principle as destroying a mountain overtime. E=MC² measures energy depending on how much mass is created, so if the mass of the island was created slowly, or overtime, then the result would be far bigger. 6-A assumes she created the island all at once.
But time and mass have no relation in special relativity.

Does this apply to any original infamous feats as well?

Back